• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Free Dining Watch

Really feeling like I am missing out this morning. I am currently booked at pop oct 5th to oct 12th . Should I just keep my fingers crossed and wait or book fd for late sept today since I am visa card holder.

The October-December FD dates are not announced annually until usually July, sometimes August.

With this current offer, would someone checking in on September 25th be eligible for free dining for the duration of their stay, even though the rest of their stay is outside the offer dates? I know this is how it's worked in the past, but I remember reading rumors that free dining offers this year may include the caveat that your entire stay must fall within the offer dates.

Yes you would. Free dining is all based on check in day. :thumbsup2

With this current offer, would someone checking in on September 25th be eligible for free dining for the duration of their stay, even though the rest of their stay is outside the offer dates? I know this is how it's worked in the past, but I remember reading rumors that free dining offers this year may include the caveat that your entire stay must fall within the offer dates.

Yes, that is still the policy. As long as you check in by the last day of a FD promo they will apply the discount to your entire stay, up to 14 nights.

The October - December free dining dates are not usually not released until July, sometimes August. I haven't heard anything that would indicate that they won't be offering FD for select low crowd weeks during that time frame. If they release November FD dates this year, I would say they would be around November 10-21 and November 29 or 30 - December 5 or 6 - give or take a day :-)

Thank You you you are awesome!!! I respect your opinion thanks again:thumbsup2

What a great Monday! Southwest opened up their booking window and now free dining for our trip that is just 100 days away, WOOT! :cool1:

You may want to call today anyway. They only asked me if I had a card. I used a completely different card to book the actual vacation.

You are normally required to put down a minimum $200 deposit on a new reservation to apply the DV FD code or a minimum $200 payment on an existing reservation if you booked with another type of card.

Thanks to both of you for the advice! The trip is paid off...so I wonder how that works. :scratchin I will call and check!

I am a DV member, but I'm not going for the FD. I feel guilty, but I think it makes more sense for us not to as we are staying AKL CL. I had a pin for 35% off the room & went for it. Is it the smart thing to not do free dinin!

Those of you already booking free dining if your in a Mod resort is it QSDP or Reg DP you are getting free?

Thanks! Can't wait until its released to the general public.

Those of you already booking free dining if your in a Mod resort is it QSDP or Reg DP you are getting free?

Thanks! Can't wait until its released to the general public.

Yes, mods and deluxe receive the regular dining plan with one table service, one counter service, and one snack per person per day, plus the refillable mug.

Yes, mods and deluxe receive the regular dining plan with one table service, one counter service, and one snack per person per day, plus the refillable mug.

Thanks so much! So it was just a rumor that the QSDP was all that was free unless in a deluxe resort?

That makes me happy! Now I have decisions to make.

Thanks so much! So it was just a rumor that the QSDP was all that was free unless in a deluxe resort?

That makes me happy! Now I have decisions to make.

Yes it was an ugly rumor we tried to squash for quite a while to no avail.

My amazing travel agent applied FD to our stay this morning-- Sept. 2-9 at POR! We're currently in a standard room and trying to decide if we want to upgrade to preferred or a Royal room with the extra funds! :scratchin
Soooooo excited this discount finally came out! Our trip feels so much more real now!

Just got this email...

Free Dining is Back At Walt Disney World!

Disney Visa has released Free Dining to its cardholders today, and the offer is expected to be available to everyone else on May 9th.

" Check in dates: 9/2/13  9/25/13.
" Must book a minimum of 3 nights accommodat...ion and at least a 2-day Base Ticket.
" Guests staying at a Value Resort will receive Quick Service Dining Plan
" Guests staying at Moderate or Deluxe Resorts will receive the regular Dining Plan
" Guests may pay to upgrade their dining plans and/or tickets.
" Must book by 7/31/13.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter