2013 Free Dining Watch

Definitely incorrect. It's all based on check in date. Call back.

I will call back on Thursday I called today and just wanted to add the dining plan to my reservation. The CM I spoke to told me about the promo for disney visa holders and said "but your trip won't qualify because you are staying past the 25th". I didn't argue since I don't have a Visa card. I was then transferred to dining to make a few ADR's and the CM informed me he never added the dining plan at all! Transferred back to another CM who said " make sure to call on Thursday to check on your reservation and we might just have a magical surprise for you!" pixiedust: she was wonderful and finally got my ADR's done. Unfortunately I was only able to get a 4:10pm dinner at CRT :rolleyes: just for those who might not have made you ADR's things seem to be filling up.

Can someone help me my head hurts,I was one the phone for hours today,my dates are 8/30-9/7 I split my stay to room only the 30th-2nd then 2nd -7th I was told by 3 different cms that I cant pick up my tickets for my package on the 30th to use they will start on the 2nd I though that is what I read do a rm only and get my package tickets early,they r making me get tickets seperate for the 30th -1st so confused

Can someone help me my head hurts,I was one the phone for hours today,my dates are 8/30-9/7 I split my stay to room only the 30th-2nd then 2nd -7th I was told by 3 different cms that I cant pick up my tickets for my package on the 30th to use they will start on the 2nd I though that is what I read do a rm only and get my package tickets early,they r making me get tickets seperate for the 30th -1st so confused

Best thing is to not even tell the phone CMs what you are doing. They do not work in the parks and are not exactly knowledgeable about many policies at the resorts. Just call back and get the tickets for the 2ND-7TH reservation for the entire number of days you need. Then remove the tickets from your second reservation and make it a room only. Cheshire has a sticky all about tickets here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684. Check it out for more information on getting your tickets early.

Tomorrow is the day and I'm so excited! I've been waiting for months for the fd to come out. This will be last thing I need to do and our trip is all ready! So excited !!!

I will call back on Thursday I called today and just wanted to add the dining plan to my reservation. The CM I spoke to told me about the promo for disney visa holders and said "but your trip won't qualify because you are staying past the 25th". I didn't argue since I don't have a Visa card. I was then transferred to dining to make a few ADR's and the CM informed me he never added the dining plan at all! Transferred back to another CM who said " make sure to call on Thursday to check on your reservation and we might just have a magical surprise for you!" pixiedust: she was wonderful and finally got my ADR's done. Unfortunately I was only able to get a 4:10pm dinner at CRT :rolleyes: just for those who might not have made you ADR's things seem to be filling up.

You clearly had an inexperienced CM.

I agree about the ADRs, everyone needs to book now. After this GP offer drops tomorrow, the ADRs that are left will be gone quickly.

Phone CMs are not trained with this information and don't know what they are talking about. It's up to the total desecration of the guest service manager at Downtown Disney or one of the parks.

She said two packages, not a room only and a package. She even bolded the word. :rotfl: Of course, you are right, there is no need to book two packages. The normal split stay would be very cost saving. I just hope the new magic band system doesn't negatively impact the early ticket pickup option. We will be the first ones to hear about it, though. I'm certain of that. Cheshire Figment is great at keeping us all in the loop. :goodvibes
This is exactly why I'm worried!
If I buy room + tickets for the first 3 days it will be very expensive. But my worry is what if I do it the right way: room only for the first part of the trip, package for the second part including tickets for 8 days and early pick up, and when I get there they won't give me the tickets and I end up having to buy new tickets for those first 3 days, I will end up paying more than if I paid the food OOP.
The fact that the call center won't confirm that this can be done doesn't help either :confused3

Tomorrow is the day and I'm so excited! I've been waiting for months for the fd to come out. This will be last thing I need to do and our trip is all ready! So excited !!!

Me to! Booked my flights last night! Hoping and praying it all works out with free dinng!

This is exactly why I'm worried!
If I buy room + tickets for the first 3 days it will be very expensive. But my worry is what if I do it the right way: room only for the first part of the trip, package for the second part including tickets for 8 days and early pick up, and when I get there they won't give me the tickets and I end up having to buy new tickets for those first 3 days, I will end up paying more than if I paid the food OOP.
The fact that the call center won't confirm that this can be done doesn't help either :confused3

Did you find the Ticket Sticky written by a current CM? It is their current policy to let guests pick up their package tickets early at Guest Services at Downtown Disney or any of the 4 WDW Themeparks.

Did you find the Ticket Sticky written by a current CM? It is their current policy to let guests pick up their package tickets early at Guest Services at Downtown Disney or any of the 4 WDW Themeparks.
Yes I did, but I didn't know he was a CM :rotfl:
By the way, how do they count the 3 days? Would it be that the 30th, 31st, 1st are my 3 days early? Or would that be considered 4 days?

We will arrive on 8/30 and plan to good to DTD that day so that is when and where I would like to pick up the tickets. 8/31 will be our 1st park day and we have an 8:00am ADR at AK, so if I can't pick up my tickets on 8/30 I may be in trouble.

Thanks!

Yes I did, but I didn't know he was a CM :rotfl:
By the way, how do they count the 3 days? Would it be that the 30th, 31st, 1st are my 3 days early? Or would that be considered 4 days?

We will arrive on 8/30 and plan to good to DTD that day so that is when and where I would like to pick up the tickets. 8/31 will be our 1st park day and we have an 8:00am ADR at AK, so if I can't pick up my tickets on 8/30 I may be in trouble.

Thanks!

You should have no problem picking them up at Downtown Disney on 8/30 :-)

Can anyone remind me which buttons are best to press tomorrow morning? Is it best to call a certain number, and should I just hit '0' until I get someone?:confused3

Automated prompts come on no matter what you push. It seems I am not kept on hold nearly as long when I say "new resort reservation." rather than make changes or add dining plan, etc. When a real person came on, I just told them what I wanted. Good luck.

I'll be at work until 5 central time tomorrow. If I book in the evening, is it likely I'll still be able to get a POP room with the free dining promotion, or do they fly off the shelf?

So should I give tomorrow a try since I'm staying in the nemo suites? I'm going to upgrade to regular from quick service if the FD applies to my stay. What time do I call again?

Seems like the rez server is down...either too many ppl trying to make ADRs or they're uploading the discounts!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter