2013 Dining Plan Prices and Brochure Dated 11/29/12

For some reason my laptop is refusing to open the pdf's today...can someone tell me what all is included in the deluxe dining plan?

3 table service, 2 snacks per person per day and one refillable mug per person.
Table service meals can be used as table service or counter service.

I'm trying to figure out if DP is truly a deal vs. pay as you go? :confused3 I've battled weight gain all my life. I think one treat a day is enough, one sensible lunch and maybe one indulgence meal (i.e. buffet) So here is my question? Where can I price out a day's menu choices. So I would ideally eat breakfast in my room, do a buffet possibly for lunch and a Counter service for dinner and dessert somewhere in the middle of the day i.e. pretzel, funnel cake. And do we add tip amount on the DP table service actual meal cost additionally if we do the Dining Plan? OR skip the counter service and eat the dessert only as my dinner/indulgence - i.e. giant cream cheese filled pretzel - YUM

I'm so afraid of over eating if I have the DP - help? Should I just bite the bullet and get the plan or try to eat under $40 a day in food? Should I or shouldn't I? Any assistance or ideas are very appreciated :sad2:

I'm trying to figure out if DP is truly a deal vs. pay as you go? :confused3 I've battled weight gain all my life. I think one treat a day is enough, one sensible lunch and maybe one indulgence meal (i.e. buffet) So here is my question? Where can I price out a day's menu choices. So I would ideally eat breakfast in my room, do a buffet possibly for lunch and a Counter service for dinner and dessert somewhere in the middle of the day i.e. pretzel, funnel cake. And do we add tip amount on the DP table service actual meal cost additionally if we do the Dining Plan? OR skip the counter service and eat the dessert only as my dinner/indulgence - i.e. giant cream cheese filled pretzel - YUM

I'm so afraid of over eating if I have the DP - help? Should I just bite the bullet and get the plan or try to eat under $40 a day in food? Should I or shouldn't I? Any assistance or ideas are very appreciated :sad2:

There's a dining plan calculator that I'm sure someone can link for you soon (I don't have time to find it right now), but in terms of price, I've seen a lot of people who claim that it pretty much works out close to being the same price. Of course, it's going to vary greatly based on where you eat and the price of the meals you would choose. The dining plan seems like it would make you eat more (for obvious reasons). Rather than having a light snack, you'd just use a meal credit because you have it. I'm simultaneously loving and hating the idea that I get the free dining plan for my upcoming visit :laughing:

Based on that fact that you want to be somewhat careful about how much you eat (don't most of us? lol), I'd say that you'd be better off paying out of pocket. You'll probably pay less and eat less - but that doesn't mean you won't have enough to eat (believe me, you can still eat well and still not spend as much as you would on the dining plan). Bring some snacks with you to the parks (granola bars, things like that) to tide you over between treats and meals. Also, there are some really great counter service places that you can hit up as an alternative to the more expensive table service or buffets. You'll eat less, and it's easier to avoid dessert when you're not on the dining plan. With the "automatic" desserts for all dining plan credits, it's hard to avoid them when they're right there for no extra charge.

Yes, you do tip for table service on the dining plan (they show you what the cost of the meal would be and you tip based on that), so that's definitely another factor to consider with the price.

There's a dining plan calculator that I'm sure someone can link for you soon (I don't have time to find it right now), but in terms of price, I've seen a lot of people who claim that it pretty much works out close to being the same price. Of course, it's going to vary greatly based on where you eat and the price of the meals you would choose. The dining plan seems like it would make you eat more (for obvious reasons). Rather than having a light snack, you'd just use a meal credit because you have it. I'm simultaneously loving and hating the idea that I get the free dining plan for my upcoming visit :laughing:

Based on that fact that you want to be somewhat careful about how much you eat (don't most of us? lol), I'd say that you'd be better off paying out of pocket. You'll probably pay less and eat less - but that doesn't mean you won't have enough to eat (believe me, you can still eat well and still not spend as much as you would on the dining plan). Bring some snacks with you to the parks (granola bars, things like that) to tide you over between treats and meals. Also, there are some really great counter service places that you can hit up as an alternative to the more expensive table service or buffets. You'll eat less, and it's easier to avoid dessert when you're not on the dining plan. With the "automatic" desserts for all dining plan credits, it's hard to avoid them when they're right there for no extra charge.

Yes, you do tip for table service on the dining plan (they show you what the cost of the meal would be and you tip based on that), so that's definitely another factor to consider with the price.

:thumbsup2 Thanks Simba - Hopefully I'll do the right thing but knowing me. I'll start off with healthy breakfast and then do the slide all the way down to a total pig out! because it's DISNEY WEEEEEEEEEE :rotfl:

This may be a crazy question, but how do you get your refillable mug? We have received our Mickey Mail and there is no voucher for it.

This may be a crazy question, but how do you get your refillable mug? We have received our Mickey Mail and there is no voucher for it.
I believe it's attached to the dining plan, which is attached to your Magicband or your room key (KTTW card). Just go to the registers with the mugs and tell them you are redeeming your dining plan mug and have them scan your card/band.

I believe it's attached to the dining plan, which is attached to your Magicband or your room key (KTTW card). Just go to the registers with the mugs and tell them you are redeeming your dining plan mug and have them scan your card/band.

that is correct its just like redeeming a snack credit.

Thanks!,

am going to Disney in april. I will be there with my 3 girls. I was going to book the deluxe dining plan. my husband is coming the last night we are there and will spend on day at the park with us.
can he eat off our extra credits? I don't want to add him to entire package bc he is only there one night. I am figuring we will have left overs. can this be done?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter