2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy to ready this about the no "Mickey mail"! My DH thought that we might be getting "scammed" since we are also going in under that great deal and were told that we would not be getting Mickey Mail either...He was worried we'd show up at the YC and be told we had no reservation...:rolleyes:

We are 40 days away...hoping for some luggage tags soon!

We got two sets of Mickey Mail for all of you who aren't getting any -- I guess since we changed our reservations after the first set was mailed out. I was really surprised to open it yesterday and discover it wasn't our ME stuff but rather new Mickey Mail (with a second set of luggage tags -- lucky us!).

I have your Mickey Mail, but you might have to have my frozen laundry room drink for me, or I'll fall asleep and not make it to my flight. (Not always a bad thing....) I've been ill and the meds don't agree with anything but I feel well on them so it's worth it!

Oh, and for the record: I would enjoy my frozen drink (complete with umbrella, of course) out in the sunshine or in the lovely lobby, not the laundry room. Your bathing suits are probably safe for 20 minutes.

The YC is a great place to stay. We have stayed at BC also. We just got back from the YC CL and I have to say I think the CL is better at the BC. We were there in April. Besides it being larger and newer I felt the offerings were better. YC kept running out of food and then bringing out other things that were not as good as what they ran out of. Believe me I don't use the food as a substitute for dinner just a snack to hold me over. I feel that compared to other resorts CL that I have seen on the boards YC and BC should step up a bit. Aside from this I LOVE staying at YC or BC. You will have a great time. We have been staying at this resort of over 20 years and have no intention of changing just because of the CL.

This is worrisome to read. we stayed CL at Poly last year and LOVED it. We just booked YC CL and I'm really hoping not to be disappointed!

Just a heads up: Be Our Guest restaurant just opened up a LOT of ADR slots for July!!!

I have been checking everyday (several times a day) and nothing was available, until now. A very nice person on the restaurant board let everyone know.....so I wanted to pass it on to my favorite peeps!!!

As I enter the pre-packing days, I find myself pondering the following....

Exactly how many ponchos per person should I bring for a mid-late August 10 day trip?

Ta ta for now...off to check wait times. :hourglass

36 days!!!

Is there a spot at SAB that I can see kids coming off of the slide and in the "lazy river" section? We have 3 boys...one is old enough, but I have a feeling the other 2 will be running off in different directions all at once! I'd like to be able to look over my umbrella drink once in a while and spot them ;)

Does anyone have or could you please point me to the list of current offerings at the YC CL? Thanks!!

Exactly how many ponchos per person should I bring for a mid-late August 10 day trip?

36 days!!!

I always bring one less poncho than there are the number of people in my group. Then the fun ensues! Usually the first time we need 'em the slow poke of the group is the one that goes with out the poncho and gets soaked. The next time it rains it really gets interesting in the poncho wars. People will volunteer to carry the back pack with the family park stuff (Sun screen, band aids, water bottles, ponchos and the contents of Mom's purse etc) just so they can get first crack at a poncho! Using this method you will never have to bug your children to help carry the family load to the parks!

Usually, the person without the poncho does a lot of whining about getting wet but whining in my family falls on deaf ears. I just tell them that God made 'em wash and wear and to get over it. This is followed by threats to send Mom to "SHADY Acres" nursing home when she gets older but with the way my family is wearing me out I am confident I won't make it past 50.

We always reuse the ponchos so almost everybody just gets the one. I'm talking about the "El Cheapo" ponchos sold in Walmart. They are so thin they ball up nicely in a gallon zip lock bag for the next episode of "Who's gonna get soaked today 'cause Mom was too cheap to buy enough ponchos!"

The next time your family is getting on your nerves remember that YOU have the power and the planning knowledge to BRING THEM TO THEIR KNEES! Using these strategies you'll find that everyone has a reason to behave and the complaining is kept to a minimum. Why heck you even have family members that will start to kiss up to you so you'll leave them alone.

~NM

36 days!!!

I would bring enough for everybody because if not I would end up being the one getting soaked...

Sometimes we reuse them, but end up throwing out a few per trip. I would maybe get 2-3 per person and save the receipt so I can return extras. I usually get them for $1 each so it's not a big issue to get a bunch. Then depending on how clumsy your party members are, you may have a lot or none at all left over. Every day I pack enough for all of us +1 just incase we open a dud.

I also make all of my kids carry their own bag, meaning they have their own poncho if I don't stash them in the stroller.

I always bring one less poncho than there are the number of people in my group. Then the fun ensues! Usually the first time we need 'em the slow poke of the group is the one that goes with out the poncho and gets soaked. The next time it rains it really gets interesting in the poncho wars. People will volunteer to carry the back pack with the family park stuff (Sun screen, band aids, water bottles, ponchos and the contents of Mom's purse etc) just so they can get first crack at a poncho! Using this method you will never have to bug your children to help carry the family load to the parks!

Usually, the person without the poncho does a lot of whining about getting wet but whining in my family falls on deaf ears. I just tell them that God made 'em wash and wear and to get over it. This is followed by threats to send Mom to "SHADY Acres" nursing home when she gets older but with the way my family is wearing me out I am confident I won't make it past 50.

We always reuse the ponchos so almost everybody just gets the one. I'm talking about the "El Cheapo" ponchos sold in Walmart. They are so thin they ball up nicely in a gallon zip lock bag for the next episode of "Who's gonna get soaked today 'cause Mom was too cheap to buy enough ponchos!"

The next time your family is getting on your nerves remember that YOU have the power and the planning knowledge to BRING THEM TO THEIR KNEES! Using these strategies you'll find that everyone has a reason to behave and the complaining is kept to a minimum. Why heck you even have family members that will start to kiss up to you so you'll leave them alone.

~NM

:lmao: This is exactly what I needed -- there's an awful lot of bickering going on downstairs and I can't throw them outside due to a raging thunderstorm! Three ponchos it is!

:lmao: This is exactly what I needed -- there's an awful lot of bickering going on downstairs and I can't throw them outside due to a raging thunderstorm! Three ponchos it is!

Here is a helpful tip that will stop the bickering instantly!

Tell your two boys that the next one that utters an argumentative or coercive word will have to CARRY YOU MOM PURSE THROUGH OUT THE PARKS WHILE IN DISNEY!

Bring your purse over and have them lift it's enormous Mom heft. Tell them to sling it over their shoulder and compliment them on how it will go nicely with their Disney Park outfits that you will coordinate to match the purse.

The thought of this alone will be enough to silence the discontent and deactivate the snark.

This has been a mental health and safety tip from Ninja Mom!

This is worrisome to read. we stayed CL at Poly last year and LOVED it. We just booked YC CL and I'm really hoping not to be disappointed!

I'm with Baggirl, I am a bit worried also. :worried:

I am staying at the Yacht Club for the first time September 16th - 23rd.

I also booked Club Level room (which I have experienced once before at the Poly). I don't necessarily expect the Yacht Club CL to match the Poly experience but am hoping not to walk away disappointed.

Almost all of my trips have had me staying at one of the MK resorts.

I really wanted the opportunity to try a different resort and since I am traveling by myself could pick which ever one I wanted. I thought it would be cool to try one of the Epcot resorts.

One of my goals this trip, is to try to go visit all of the hotels I have never been in before just so I can see them first hand.

I just want to say I love this board, the advice, while sometimes contradictory, 'cuz lets face it, there is a reason the phrases "to each their own" and "there is something for everyone" exist.

Super excited for my trip :cool1: and even though I do not want summer to end, I really want September to come so I can go on my trip. Another thread jokingly mentioned creating time travel....well if it existed, I would go on my trip right now (who knew that waiting until September would be so hard :crazy2:) and then come back and do summer.. Rinse and repeat!

The next time your family is getting on your nerves remember that YOU have the power and the planning knowledge to BRING THEM TO THEIR KNEES!
TUsing these strategies you'll find that everyone has a reason to behave and the complaining is kept to a minimum. Why heck you even have family members that will start to kiss up to you so you'll leave them alone.

~NM
:rotfl2:
thanks for the laugh and the ziplock tip NM...will do the elcheapo route...we'll end up saving the extras for our trip to the Virgin Islands next summer

Our family will be at the YC August 5-10th. This is our first stay at YC and our first to do a CL anywhere, so we are really looking forward to it!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1

:cool1:

Let us know if you have any questions.

I am so happy to ready this about the no "Mickey mail"! My DH thought that we might be getting "scammed" since we are also going in under that great deal and were told that we would not be getting Mickey Mail either...He was worried we'd show up at the YC and be told we had no reservation...:rolleyes:

We are 40 days away...hoping for some luggage tags soon!

Is your trip at the end of August? Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list?

:woohoo:

I wonder if we will get DME stuff since we are just using it to return to MCO. We will be in Florida 10 days before we make it up to wdw. I have in past years, but so far nothing.

We are only using the one-way "Magical Depress" to get from the Beach Club to MCO, but we did receive DME stuff anyway.

Is there a spot at SAB that I can see kids coming off of the slide and in the "lazy river" section? We have 3 boys...one is old enough, but I have a feeling the other 2 will be running off in different directions all at once! I'd like to be able to look over my umbrella drink once in a while and spot them ;)

When is your trip? Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list?

:yay:

I don't think there is a spot where you can see both the slide exit and all of the lazy river. Maybe from the top of the gazebo over Hurricane Hanna's but I'm not positive.

Does anyone have or could you please point me to the list of current offerings at the YC CL? Thanks!!

I have never seen a full listing of the evening appetizers at either the YC or BC lounges. Post 12 at the beginning of this thread is all about Club Level, and there is information and a few links to posts with pictures and sample offerings. StephH was there in December and took a lot of pictures of the YC CL offerings, so you could check that out.

That would be a good place to start.

I'm with Baggirl, I am a bit worried also. :worried:

I am staying at the Yacht Club for the first time September 16th - 23rd.

I also booked Club Level room (which I have experienced once before at the Poly). I don't necessarily expect the Yacht Club CL to match the Poly experience but am hoping not to walk away disappointed.

Almost all of my trips have had me staying at one of the MK resorts.

I really wanted the opportunity to try a different resort and since I am traveling by myself could pick which ever one I wanted. I thought it would be cool to try one of the Epcot resorts.

One of my goals this trip, is to try to go visit all of the hotels I have never been in before just so I can see them first hand.

I just want to say I love this board, the advice, while sometimes contradictory, 'cuz lets face it, there is a reason the phrases "to each their own" and "there is something for everyone" exist.

Super excited for my trip :cool1: and even though I do not want summer to end, I really want September to come so I can go on my trip. Another thread jokingly mentioned creating time travel....well if it existed, I would go on my trip right now (who knew that waiting until September would be so hard :crazy2:) and then come back and do summer.. Rinse and repeat!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

The only place I have stayed club level is at the Beach Club, so I really can't offer any comparisons for you.

To those concerned about CL at the YC.......

We've stayed CL at the Poly 3 times, 1 time at GF SL CL, and CL at the YC 3 times and we actually prefer the YC. Yes, the lounge is smaller and they may sometimes not have quite as many food offerings at the YC, but I've seen them run out of food items at the Poly that took quite a while to get replaced (if at all) and items that should have been hot, but were not. We've also encountered a couple of CL CMs at the Poly who seemed to have an "attitude", so our vote goes to the YC CMs.

Just my humble opinion, but we're headed back to YC CL next month and are really looking forward to it.

I was starting to wonder the same thing about the BC/ YC CL's. I know that all the deluxe resorts are different. But if you look at them on a pricing wise. GF, CR & Poly being more expensive, then BWI, BC/YC and cheaper AKL & WL. You would think that the BC/Yc would kind of be in the middle right, not on the lacking side with offering. At least that what a lot of the reviews say. (I always take them with a grain of salt)

I don't understand why its seems like the offerings at BC & YC are not as plentiful. There is a thread with pictures of all the club levels it just doesn't seem the same. I thought for a while that it was the way the CM's display the food but I'm just not sure. BC/YC looks in the pictures in my opinion to be lacking something that the other CL's have, I'm not sure what but just missing something.

I do have to say that I am very excited to try it out though, I will keep an open mind. This will be our first CL stay so I have nothing to compare it too. Our next trip I may want to try out the Poly. I have no desire to stay at GF not my style at all. I am hoping to fall in love with YC. BC was total love at first sight lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter