2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are speeding today at Epcot. DH arrived late last night and is impressed with the resort. He travels doe his work and has stayed in many 5 star hotels. We've met Teena yesterday morning and she was so sweet and nice. My DS is collecting certain pins and Teena surprised him with few. Now they have scanner at SAB for magic bands to confirm your stays. They also scan the MBs at all resort security so if you're driving be ready for it. Also no more double deeping FPs. If you reserved FP+ when you out your room keys it will print out saying that you already booked you FPs.

Good Morning,

The time has come... time to leave the magic! I'm sitting in the lounge at AKL CL waiting for my designated Magical Depress time to come... then it's off to MCO for my flight home. I'll be back in 1 month so not really all that sad!

I spent my Sunday morning at the Sweet Sunday's event and it was a good as the last time I had gone to that event. The chef came to us from the Bahamas and was a chocolatier... the desserts she made were out of this world! It was a good time for sure!

From Epcot I walked over to Beach Club to say hello to our favorite CM Teena... always good to see you! I look forward to seeing you again next month and hearing all about Hawaii!

Last night I had the Night Vision Tour... it was AWESOME! I think I got some pretty good pics of the baby giraffe Luna and the new baby zebra she's 2 days old and so cute!

So now it's back to reality and the cold... booooo for the cold!

Hope everyone here now keeps having a good time and everyone headed this way has safe travels!

~N

Hi Dee,
Happy Belated Birthday!! :bday:party:
Please add us to the list for April 23-26 2014 staying at the BCV. Sailing on the Disney Fantasy the next day to celebrate our 25th anniversary:cool1:
We were tempted to try the new villas at the Grand Floridian, but our little one would not hear of it...he wants the blue hotel with the pirate ship::yes::
Thanks,
Kerri

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I'll gladly add you to the list

:woohoo:

For my Feb trip the dates are current the th -7th still CL thank you

Got it! I'll make the adjustment.

:)

We are speeding today at Epcot. DH arrived late last night and is impressed with the resort. He travels doe his work and has stayed in many 5 star hotels. We've met Teena yesterday morning and she was so sweet and nice. My DS is collecting certain pins and Teena surprised him with few. Now they have scanner at SAB for magic bands to confirm your stays. They also scan the MBs at all resort security so if you're driving be ready for it. Also no more double deeping FPs. If you reserved FP+ when you out your room keys it will print out saying that you already booked you FPs.

Sounds like fun so far. Thanks for the live update, and especially the FP news.

:goodvibes

Good Morning,

The time has come... time to leave the magic! I'm sitting in the lounge at AKL CL waiting for my designated Magical Depress time to come... then it's off to MCO for my flight home. I'll be back in 1 month so not really all that sad!

I spent my Sunday morning at the Sweet Sunday's event and it was a good as the last time I had gone to that event. The chef came to us from the Bahamas and was a chocolatier... the desserts she made were out of this world! It was a good time for sure!

From Epcot I walked over to Beach Club to say hello to our favorite CM Teena... always good to see you! I look forward to seeing you again next month and hearing all about Hawaii!

Last night I had the Night Vision Tour... it was AWESOME! I think I got some pretty good pics of the baby giraffe Luna and the new baby zebra she's 2 days old and so cute!

Hope everyone here now keeps having a good time and everyone headed this way has safe travels!

~N

:(

But it sounds like you had a fantastic trip!

Safe travels home, my friend.

:goodvibes

Can anyone give more specifics on the Halloween festivities offered at BC/YC this year? We will be there on Halloween next year and I'm wondering what I have to look forward to. :)

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for next October.

:cool1:

There were a couple of reports of Halloween activities posted by Nicnic and mousegear on a couple of previous pages (see below)

Today was Halloween.

*snip*

Back at the hotel we decided to hit the pool for a bit, DD10 wanted to do the Halloween activities the BC had on so we only had about 45 mins in the pool.
Quick change into their Halloween costumes and we went trick or treating round the BC at 5pm, got picture taken with Halloween Minnie and Goofy, got loads of candy and a CM said to head over to the BW as they had parties on and more candy.

So over we went and wee were there till 8:30. They had loads of games with little prizes and candy, a DJ and dance parties, another picture with halloween Donald, we all agreed we had a really good time, DD10 said it was better than the MNSSHP we did last time! Even DD2 was joining in with all the games, she's really come out her shell a bit now, we got a few good pictures.
We got the boat back to BC and have just watched Illuminations from our balcony with a nice cold Smirnoff ice! Lol

*snip*

BC/YC set up halloween trick-or-treat trail along SAB for kids and Minnie and Goofy showed up in their halloween costumes with Photopass person. DS and DNeice enjoyed getting candies. They also joined marshmallow toasting.

I have the Halloween flyer for BC/YC packed away, I post it when we get home this wk!

That would be great!!! I would love to see the Halloween activities flyer. Thanks!

Wow, this thread is a wealth of information!!

We will be visiting the Yacht Club this March as I won a trip through a local radio station and we requested YC. We are DVC members but have never been to the Beach Club Villas. So needless to say we are so excited to be staying there and really hoping the weather cooperates so we can take advantage of that great pool.

One quick question, I've been looking at the quick options for breakfast in the area, is there anyplace you can get Mickey waffles?

Thanks!

Wow, this thread is a wealth of information!!

We will be visiting the Yacht Club this March as I won a trip through a local radio station and we requested YC. We are DVC members but have never been to the Beach Club Villas. So needless to say we are so excited to be staying there and really hoping the weather cooperates so we can take advantage of that great pool.

One quick question, I've been looking at the quick options for breakfast in the area, is there anyplace you can get Mickey waffles?

Thanks!

Cape May Cafe , in the Beach Club, it is a Charater Buffet, and the food is good as well. oh and they have mickey waffles as well, but I had thought the BC was offer Mickey Waffles for breakfast as well.

Good Morning,

~N

The night vision tour sounds interesting, and a 2 day old zebra must be soooo cute.

The night vision tour sounds interesting, and a 2 day old zebra must be soooo cute.

The tour was amazing! And the zebra is sooo cute. She was nursing when we drove by around 10:20 pm... the tour happens at 10pm!

~N

Thanks for posting the November activity schedule!! Helpful info!

I've tried checking in online twice now, and got error messages and wasn't able to complete the check-in. We arrive on Sunday - our flight lands at MCO at 9:30am - I should be fine to skip online check-in and just do it at the desk when we arrive, right? I can ask about a preferred room location at that point (we'd love a view of the lagoon)?

Second question -- can you request bed rails at YC? DD is 2, and while she still fits in a pack n' play/crib, I think she would get a better night sleep in a bed.

Thanks!! :goodvibes

Only 4 more weeks, 28 days, until our family trip!!!! I am getting so excited. We are in California right now visiting with our daughter, Amy and her family. It is Jackson's 5th birthday next week. Love that my grandsons are excited for the trip too.

Our Magic Bands should arrive at home today, good think my son lives near us to go pick them up for me. Everything is falling into place for this wonderful celebratory trip. Love reading the posts from everyone. Have a great day!!!!

Thanks for posting the November activity schedule!! Helpful info!

I've tried checking in online twice now, and got error messages and wasn't able to complete the check-in. We arrive on Sunday - our flight lands at MCO at 9:30am - I should be fine to skip online check-in and just do it at the desk when we arrive, right? I can ask about a preferred room location at that point (we'd love a view of the lagoon)?

Second question -- can you request bed rails at YC? DD is 2, and while she still fits in a pack n' play/crib, I think she would get a better night sleep in a bed.

Thanks!! :goodvibes

Yes, you can request bed rails at YC :)

Can anyone who's there confirm if the BB has changed? When we left on 10/24 it was still the FD BB for next Aug but heard that it has changed to a room only discount that covers quite a few dates through end of next year...anyone confirm?

I'm sorry I been lurking trying to catch up. Not having any luck doing that. I did notice you added me to you bog list. Thank you for adding me. That said I had to cancel next years trip :sad: Just thought I would let you know that I am still around but you might want to remove me. I do love reading about BC hopeful I get to stay here in 2015.

The Hotel Exterior Taken late Sept/early October.

Daytime

Early Morning light

Time to smell the flowers

Rockin' away the day

Yacht Club morning

Yacht Club at night

Yacht Club porch

Yacht Club Sunrise

Let there be Light

LightHouse at Night

The Hotel Lobby Taken late Sept/early October.

The Solarium and Marketplace and down this passageway. I'm still loading up pictures. Will be back to post more.

Can anyone who's there confirm if the BB has changed? When we left on 10/24 it was still the FD BB for next Aug but heard that it has changed to a room only discount that covers quite a few dates through end of next year...anyone confirm?

I wish it was a room only BB when we were there in October. I would have been tempted to book something!!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter