2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, it's so close I can smell the oranges in Soarin! It's been a very tough week with work, but I just keep my eye on the very magical light at the end of the tunnel. Woohoo!!!!! :)

My wife got a postcard/multi-page folded color pamphlet from disney yesterday that she was about to throw out (without even opening it), but decided she would ask me first. It turns out it had 2 pins, one for fd thru end of march, and another for 35 percent off for most dates thru 9/29. The printing of pamphlet itself thanked her for last year's stay at bc, and welcomed her back to try bc again or another resort, and also included a special disney webpage where she could see more details. Ironic b/c we were having a conversation a few weeks ago, and I (RESIDENT DISNEY PERSON OF OUR HOUSE) referred to a pin, and she was quizzzing me on what I was even talking about.

Very cool! Now, I have to wonder if we got the same kind of flyer, or a lucky bounceback offer in our room, if DH would be up for another trip in 2014. Hoping next week's trip is enough to sway him. :)

I have prepurchased the Photopass+ package for our trip arriving October 26. I have the voucher that I know I have to exchange once we arrive at WDW to get our official photopass plus card. Am I able to make that exchange at the Marketplace over at the Beach Club? Or do I have to exchange it in the parks? I thought I had read somewhere a while back that the Marketplace would exchange that. Am I wrong? :confused3

Thanks!

I have prepurchased the Photopass+ package for our trip arriving October 26. I have the voucher that I know I have to exchange once we arrive at WDW to get our official photopass plus card. Am I able to make that exchange at the Marketplace over at the Beach Club? Or do I have to exchange it in the parks? I thought I had read somewhere a while back that the Marketplace would exchange that. Am I wrong? :confused3

Thanks!

There is a Photopass desk just outside of the Beach Club Marketplace where you can exchange your voucher, however the hours are very limited- they are only open in the evening:

Hi, I'm hoping you very knowledgeable people will be able to help..... We are staying at the BC next April and I've just made dining reservations for Sanaa and Ohana. What is the best way of getting to both these restaurants from the BC, as l know the buses don't go resort to resort. Many thanks

Hi, I'm hoping you very knowledgeable people will be able to help..... We are staying at the BC next April and I've just made dining reservations for Sanaa and Ohana. What is the best way of getting to both these restaurants from the BC, as l know the buses don't go resort to resort. Many thanks

Everybody has their own "best way". Below are my "best ways".

My best way is: Take a CAB.
My second best way:
Ohana ... take the Magic Kingdom bus to the Magic Kingdom and then get the resort monorail (not to be confused with the express monorail) to the Poly.
Sanaa ... take the boat to Hollywood Studios and then get the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge. I never recommend taking the bus to Animal Kingdom Park because that park closes early a lot and depending on when your dinner reservation is, the buses might be done for the day to Animal Kingdom Park.

Can you see Epcot(countries or Spaceship Earth) from the Beach Club? If so, What room cat. would you book for the view if available?

My wife got a postcard/multi-page folded color pamphlet from disney yesterday that she was about to throw out (without even opening it), but decided she would ask me first. It turns out it had 2 pins, one for fd thru end of march, and another for 35 percent off for most dates thru 9/29. The printing of pamphlet itself thanked her for last year's stay at bc, and welcomed her back to try bc again or another resort, and also included a special disney webpage where she could see more details. Ironic b/c we were having a conversation a few weeks ago, and I (RESIDENT DISNEY PERSON OF OUR HOUSE) referred to a pin, and she was quizzzing me on what I was even talking about.

Lucky you! That's awesome!

Everybody has their own "best way". Below are my "best ways".

My best way is: Take a CAB.
My second best way:
Ohana ... take the Magic Kingdom bus to the Magic Kingdom and then get the resort monorail (not to be confused with the express monorail) to the Poly.
Sanaa ... take the boat to Hollywood Studios and then get the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge. I never recommend taking the bus to Animal Kingdom Park because that park closes early a lot and depending on when your dinner reservation is, the buses might be done for the day to Animal Kingdom Park.

Thank you Teena :goodvibes

Anyone ever book a massage at the BC? If so, was it worth it? Last time I booked us massages in Disney was back in '05/'07? at the GF (before their reno) and honestly for what it cost, I walked away thinking "meh". Anyone try it at the BC recently?

Anyone ever book a massage at the BC? If so, was it worth it? Last time I booked us massages in Disney was back in '05/'07? at the GF (before their reno) and honestly for what it cost, I walked away thinking "meh". Anyone try it at the BC recently?

The prices have me running scared!

Can you see Epcot(countries or Spaceship Earth) from the Beach Club? If so, What room cat. would you book for the view if available?

We booked a standard view CL room and were put directly in the center of the resort overlooking the loading/unloading area for arrivals. We had a view of Spaceship Earth, and you could also see the Land Pavillion if you were a little further down from where we were.

Just customized our magic bands for our December trip!! Very excited now. I was also able to do my daughter and my son's family. We can't link our tickets because we have the military salute tickets, but will be able to when we get there. Hopefully the kids will be able to do some FP+. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

That is great news!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Just customized our magic bands for our December trip!! Very excited now. I was also able to do my daughter and my son's family. We can't link our tickets because we have the military salute tickets, but will be able to when we get there. Hopefully the kids will be able to do some FP+. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Very cool!:woohoo::woohoo:

DD had a massage at BC during our 11/11 trip. She said it was the best massage she had ever had and she has had many! She said it was so good that she wanted me to book her for a second massage while we were there. We were on the platinum dinning plan which included 2 massages and since I don't do massages she got to have both! I forget the name of the person who did the massage, but we requested her the second time as well. DD had the deep tissue massage.

hth
~N

I've only done massages at the GF but DH did a sports massage at BC, before the Tower of Terror Run in 2008 and he thought they did a great job!

Ohhh Couchy... I'm thinking about canceling my Cali Grill reservation... I know you are going the same night as me, but couldn't get a late reservation... Let me know if you want the one I have. The reservation is 11/2 at 7:45 and well oopps I made it for 2 instead of 1 :confused3 Let me know???

~N

EEEkkkkkkkk Oh my gosh!!!! My trip is getting close! We will be staying at the BC for the 1st time! I am sooooo excited I might bust! We are spending our 1st night at the POP, we arrive at 1130 pm, we are then moving to the BC!!! My kids thi they are staying at POP for 3 nights they will be excited! I can't believe I kept it a secret! :yay: I have also made a small order from the Garden Grocer, treats and things. This will be a surprise as well! :yay:

All I can say is WOW!!!! Can't wait to see the BC!!!!!:dance3:

DD had a massage at BC during our 11/11 trip. She said it was the best massage she had ever had and she has had many! She said it was so good that she wanted me to book her for a second massage while we were there. We were on the platinum dinning plan which included 2 massages and since I don't do massages she got to have both! I forget the name of the person who did the massage, but we requested her the second time as well. DD had the deep tissue massage.

hth
~N

I've only done massages at the GF but DH did a sports massage at BC, before the Tower of Terror Run in 2008 and he thought they did a great job!

Thank you...DH had made the suggestion so i think I may just go for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter