2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival *HAS ENDED*

We have decided to go later next year also. ::yes::

we decided the same...so looks like the later part is now going to get crowded too! ;) For us it was the heat...we figure we'll have a better chance of it being cooler towards the end of October rather than the very beginning...although the last few years during the same week it was not as hot and humid as it was this year. We didn't have too many crowd issues but we took the festival nice and slow, breaking it up into lunch & dinner time over several days so we didn't have to rush.

Rumor has it some VIPs were being filmed last nt at WS and during AirSupplyShow
If anyone was there please post up pix It's important. Thanks. :)

Did anyone attend any of the Food & Wine events at the Swan & Dolphin Oct 12th and 13th?? Looked interesting but we had to go home the 11th.

We thoght the kiosk offerings were better this year!!!
Loved Canada (so glad they got rid of that stinky salmon),New Zealand, Belgum, Italy, France, and the second flight of beers in Germany was our absolute favorite!!!! ::yes::

OMG!!! We are going later next year too!!! But this was very early for us... Oct 1-10... we have been the first week in November and I believe that New Jersey has a school holiday that week very CROWDED then also!!! . Last year we went during Halloween, not too bad and lots of fun at Downtown Disney.:banana:

We leave Sunday!

Our first event will be the Mexican Tequila Lunch. Has anyone been yet? Please share reviews.

We leave Monday, October 22 for WDW. I see on the WDW website the weekly festival guides are posted; but the one for 22-28 is not up yet, any idea if that will be posted before the weekend?

I would love to print a copy before we leave.

We leave Monday, October 22 for WDW. I see on the WDW website the weekly festival guides are posted; but the one for 22-28 is not up yet, any idea if that will be posted before the weekend?

I would love to print a copy before we leave.

we're leaving the day after you! what festival guide are you referring to? the only one i know of isn't on a week by week basis; it's just an overview of the whole f&w festival. i'm interested if there are other news sources out there.

if you're referring to the times guide for park shows and performances, then it is usually posted on saturday (i usually go to wdwent.com for that info). for the purposes of my itinerary, i just used this week's times guide. i imagine that next week will have similar times.

Just back from stay at the Boardwalk 5th-14th. Went to Epcot very night.
Very crowded so I think I'll be going a week or two later next year also.

we're leaving the day after you! what festival guide are you referring to? the only one i know of isn't on a week by week basis; it's just an overview of the whole f&w festival. i'm interested if there are other news sources out there.

if you're referring to the times guide for park shows and performances, then it is usually posted on saturday (i usually go to wdwent.com for that info). for the purposes of my itinerary, i just used this week's times guide. i imagine that next week will have similar times.

It is a times guide but it has the times of all the demonstrations, signings, and etc. It also has a map of the WS with the food booth descriptions. See http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...s/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/ for the PDF files for the last 4 weeks.

The last one posted is for this week.

We leave Sunday!

Our first event will be the Mexican Tequila Lunch. Has anyone been yet? Please share reviews.

We did this on Sunday, October 7th, and it is truly the BEST event we've ever done at F&W...

Hilda was our host and between her, and Darwin, who introduced the food, we had a fantastic time. The food was very good, and the tequila and pairings were excellent. Hilda is very energetic and interactive and so much fun!! You learn quite a bit about tequila and have a great time doing it!

We asked them to sign the mats our tequilas were on, which they did, as well as took tons of pictures afterwards...

You sit at mixed tables and there were four of us, along with another couple and we all got along really well, which of course helps!! The whole room was into it and a lot of fun!!

You start out with a Rosita margarita which is delicious! It has rose petals in it :thumbsup2

The table is set with three champagne flutes with three different tequilas, a shot glass filled with a dark liquer and another shot glass half filled with a clear liquid that turns out to be vodka...Hilda will explain why! (Or Humberto, as I understand he is also hosting these events)...

Each of the tequilas is paired with a different course and the host will explain about each tequila and Darwin (for us, I think he's the manager of La Hacienda) will explain the food before or as it's being served. All of the servers were top of the line, patient and polite!!

There are three food courses and a dessert course. All of the food was delicious and perfectly cooked. The first course was a scallop, which I'm not particularly fond of and it was DELICIOUS! The second course was a mini pork
taco, the third course was a combination fish and steak...the fish (corvina) was light and flaky and the steak was a NY strip...both were excellent, though I like my steak on the rare side and this was definitely medium. Probably my only complaint about the meal... The dessert was a meringue which I loved, though not everyone did...some people didn't like the crunchy texture but I thought it was delicious.

After lunch was over the chef came out to answer any questions about the food...we'd never heard of corvina so he talked about that a little. We also hung around for a bit afterwards and took pictures with all of them.

They really thrive on guest interaction, so if you have any questions or comments, throw them their way!! They are a class act and this is one we would definitely do again!!

Feel free to ask any questions!!

Lisa

We are going to the 3D Dessert Party NEXT Saturday!! So excited!!

Has anyone been to a previous one? Any experiences? :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter