2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked in on Southwest which means . . .24 hours to Disney!! As you might remember, my wife and I booked this trip 202 days ago and have not yet told my three girls (figuring the way to get them up and out of bed at 5:00am is to say Get up, we are going to Disney!!)

This is our first vacation where it will only be the five of us. Every other vacation is with my family or the in-laws (which is great but I am so happy to do a trip just the 5 of us)!

We have been to Disney only one other time for a quick trip 4 years ago during Tropical Storm Fay. My two youngest do not remember it at all. I am so excited that I do not know if I can get through work today.

Beach Club, here we come!!:dance3:

Sounds fun! The kids are going to love waking up to a surprise like that :woohoo:
Sitting at airport now waiting for our flight out! DS is feeling better thank goodness! :) Should be at YC by 2pm!!!!!
Have a fantastic trip :yay:

Just booked our first trip in 4 years yesterday at BC. My wife made a career change from accountant to teacher over the past few years, so this will be the first year we have to go during the Summer. I am a little nervous, but from what I am told, going the first couple weeks in June aren't that bad with regard to crowds.

As we haven't been to WDW in a few years, we wanted to do it right and stay at our favorite place, BC. Now, just the 9+ months of agony. Hoping after the holidays the time flies a little quicker.

Andy

I am also a teacher and have only been to WDW during busy seasons. We have done Christmas, Easter, Presidents Week and summer. I liked my end of June trip the best. Crowds are there but manageable.

We have arrived :cool1: Been upgraded to a Gazebo/Waterview King room. The luggage is here and just waiting on a roll-away bed for DD.

Got here just in time as the heavens opened at 1.10pm and the thunder and lightening started. Earliest storm we have seen since our arrival in Orlando a week ago. :cool1:

Congrats on the upgrade:)

The roll-away bed has arrived but no blankets or pillows! Also we now have an armchair and footstool in the middle of the room!

Been downstairs to hopefully get everything sorted.

Also hoping they will take away the room service trays that are now starting to smell outside of our room :eek:

Been over to Beach to collect the Noodles but they are not there :confused3

I am re-posting this I hope that's ok. So many folks arriving this weekend I am hoping someone can help with this.

Is there anyone there between now and next Wednesday that can check something for me? I was planning to order a variety pack from Babycakes delivered to my room to hold me over till I could get to Downtown Disney. Rumor on the allergy threads is that they now have Babycakes at the BC Marketplace. Would someone mind checking and letting me know what specifically they have? :flower3:

Thanks

Amy (Gluten and Dairy allergic and a huge fan of Babycakes NYC)

I will definitely check on Sunday, and let you know! :)

Pinkgirl: call room service and they will come up and get the trays in the hallway. :)

I am re-posting this I hope that's ok. So many folks arriving this weekend I am hoping someone can help with this.

Is there anyone there between now and next Wednesday that can check something for me? I was planning to order a variety pack from Babycakes delivered to my room to hold me over till I could get to Downtown Disney. Rumor on the allergy threads is that they now have Babycakes at the BC Marketplace. Would someone mind checking and letting me know what specifically they have? :flower3:

Thanks

Amy (Gluten and Dairy allergic and a huge fan of Babycakes NYC)

We have just been over the Marketplace for a sandwich. They didnt have much out in the Babycakes line but I did see a cookie and a muffin - but they were not labelled as to what they were. Will check back again to see if they have more choices out.

OK, leaving Sunday...QUESTIONS!!

We are renting a car and driving from MCO via 417. Where is the closest liquor store? And if we needed to stop at a small convenience/grocery type store, where would I go? Is the Hess a good idea? Don't care about cost at this time, more interested in JUST GETTING THERE!:)

Is there anyplace to get a counter service breakfast in the BC/YC/BW area before 7:00?

Does the Marketplace open at different times for different things...like counter service vs. souvenirs, etc.?

Has anyone seen a Photopass photographer at the Beach Club lately? My favorite photo from our 2010 trip is of all of us at the BC with the BW in the background. Would love an updated one!

OK...think that's it for now. Thanks in advance....
Linda

PS - Check out my ticker! Mickey almost ready to drop off the Boardwalk!:woohoo:

Photopass is no longer doing the photos at Beach Club - it is now The Fine Arts Photography division... here is a link

http://www.disneyeventphotography.com/portraits/

Quick question for all you Beach Club gurus. For those who have shipped a box to BC, how far in advance did you ship it? A week before you arrive? Thanks!

Another question for my YC experts. We have never put in any special requests for a room at any resort. What if any requests should I put in for our stay at the YC? We have a GV room booked. I am thinking maybe to request a room with a daybed so that DD and DS can have separate beds. Will they even try to honor this request with only 4 of us in the room?

I hope everyone who has made their way to the BC & YC is staying dry and enjoying themselves!!!

Here now and called about a roll away cot and was told it was $15/night?? Maybe i missed it but swore others here had gotten them complimentary so long as they were available?

babyberger said:
Another question for my YC experts. We have never put in any special requests for a room at any resort. What if any requests should I put in for our stay at the YC? We have a GV room booked. I am thinking maybe to request a room with a daybed so that DD and DS can have separate beds. Will they even try to honor this request with only 4 of us in the room?

I hope everyone who has made their way to the BC & YC is staying dry and enjoying themselves!!!

We've had that same problem. Didn't get a daybed but got a rollaway instead.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We've started our trip! Feel free to follow us on Twitter! Screen name: EpcotRstFan

Here now and called about a roll away cot and was told it was $15/night?? Maybe i missed it but swore others here had gotten them complimentary so long as they were available?

They are complimentary. Don't call front desk (because you aren't talking to the front desk at the BC), call housekeeping (where you will actually talk to a CM at the BC). If housekeeping says they will charge you, then walk down and ask to speak to a Front Desk Manager!

Arghhh how hard can it be to take away a chair and footstool! I've asked again and this time was put through to housekeeping who said they dont remove furniture (apparantly only stuff rooms full of the stuff grrr) I explained we were climbing over it and they will try and send someone up. Oh well, if it isnt gone by tomorrow they will find it in the passage way.

Teena, You and Jeanne are truly wonderful people! Thank you both for what you do for children! Also thanks for sharing your family visit with us. I enjoyed following along!

To all at my favorite place and all on their way there, Have a fantastic time!

Scott MC said:
We've started our trip! Feel free to follow us on Twitter! Screen name: EpcotRstFan

Following.

TeenaS said:
They are complimentary. Don't call front desk (because you aren't talking to the front desk at the BC), call housekeeping (where you will actually talk to a CM at the BC). If housekeeping says they will charge you, then walk down and ask to speak to a Front Desk Manager!

Teena - I called Housekeeping first (I'm staying on the dark side :) ) and they told me $15/night so then I called front desk to confirm. Told them i was under impression they were free and they said "sorry you were given wrong info"?????

Will ask again downstairs in the morning - Thank you!! We have 3 adults / 2 kids so DH and I have one bed and MIL in other. Daybed not really big enough for both kids. They both slept on daybed at Poly w/out too much trouble but those seem bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter