2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

Just wanted to drop in & say Hi!!! I am going through withdrawal as we are not currently planning a trip... usually we are gearing up for my husband's conference at the Swan/ Dolphin but we stay at the YC/BC... I am on a vacation hold for work, so it doesn't look like we are going to get to go this year :( Thanks for letting me live vicariuosly through you all!!!

I can't believe this is the first opportunity that I have had to update on the DIS.. I am loving my time at the BC.. Love SAB and am so glad that we chose to stay here..
We are in a room with not so great a view but has a 40 ft balcony.. She we checked in, we only had a Juliette balcony and I said" I don't care what I'm looking at as long as i have a balcony" .. They call my area epcot, cause I'm right there.. But not near much of anything else.. We are running off to check out the YC.. I have lots of observations that I want to post.. I will later..

Is the balcony shared? Did you book GV? Have a great time and thansk for the quick update.

Best.Towel Animals. Ever!!!

TowelTurtle.jpg

TowelLobster.jpg

TowelShark.jpg

TowelScorpion.jpg

TowelMonkey.jpg

TowelSwan.jpg

WOW! Having been on RCCL and multiple AIs, I thought I was a towel animal connoisseur. :rotfl: Boy, was I wrong! Monkey? Lobster? Turtle? These are indeed some fancy towel animals.

My DS is DYING to go on a Disney cruise. DYING. I am not exagerating when I say that he looks at the DCL website every day. The problem is the earliest we could book is like 6 months out and it seems for school vacation periods, 6 months (or less) out is not long enough to get the best deals on DCL. But, man, oh man, would I make my DS totally happy if I booked DCL!

I can't believe this is the first opportunity that I have had to update on the DIS.. I am loving my time at the BC.. Love SAB and am so glad that we chose to stay here..
We are in a room with not so great a view but has a 40 ft balcony.. She we checked in, we only had a Juliette balcony and I said" I don't care what I'm looking at as long as i have a balcony" .. They call my area epcot, cause I'm right there.. But not near much of anything else.. We are running off to check out the YC.. I have lots of observations that I want to post.. I will later..

So glad you were able to switch back. We are big YC CL fans and this June is our first BC stay so I look forward to hearing a report!!

Just wanted to post a quick reply about a couple of things since arriving today. The pool is 100% open!! Also, to those of you wondering if concierge can exchange an AP voucher for the ticket, we were told no and that the IG of Epcot was the closest place to exchange. We love it so far! Everyone has been so helpful!!

Keep tHe live trip reports coming! :) soooo exciting to read...

My kids are starting to get excited - DD looked at ride videos today to see if she would attempt Dinosaur and Rip Ride Rocket or whatever it's called: yes to the first and a solid MAYBE for the second. LOL. She also asked if we could ride Soarin the first day we get there. Isn't the Land opened an hour later now since TT is closed? Maybe we could walk down after our dinner at Teppan Edo... This is why I'm sucking up the int'l data charges so I can check Lines on my phone when I'm there! :)

Keep tHe live trip reports coming! :) soooo exciting to read...

My kids are starting to get excited - DD looked at ride videos today to see if she would attempt Dinosaur and Rip Ride Rocket or whatever it's called: yes to the first and a solid MAYBE for the second. LOL. She also asked if we could ride Soarin the first day we get there. Isn't the Land opened an hour later now since TT is closed? Maybe we could walk down after our dinner at Teppan Edo... This is why I'm sucking up the int'l data charges so I can check Lines on my phone when I'm there! :)

According to easywdw.com, the Land pavilion is currently open until 10 and Disney doesn't seem to want to publicize it! So it's possible that you will be able to just walk onto Soarin' after getting out of Illuminations probably more than once. Pretty cool. I hope that continues. Keep an eye on the easywdw.com website as they seem to be all over that (oh and yeah, Test Track is down but they have some singing group over there instead, if you are interested in that!)

RDP said:
When were the sauna, spa facilities last refurbed, ? are there mens and womens steam and sauna?.

Many thanks D.

Here's a question I received by PM. I have never been in the Health Club/Spa areas and I don't really know when they were last rehabbed.

MickeyT has some pictures of the locker room/changing area which I believe are posted on Page 1.

There is additional information from other people who have posted, although I don't know exactly when- maybe a couple of years old. I don't think any rehab has taken place since then.

from Arkansan
The Health Club is between YC and BC along the outdoor walkway that connects the two resorts next to SAB. It is near Beaches and Cream, the hair salon, etc.

It has basic equipment--treadmills, stair climbers, ellipticals, bikes. There are lots of free weights and weight machines. There are several ab things to do crunches with, etc. and mats for stretching, yoga, floor work. I'm sorry, but I don't remember if there is a rowing machine.

There are two locker rooms with lockers and showers. There is also a hot tub and some massage rooms.

There is an attendant in the room from about 6:30 am-8? pm or so. If you want to work out at a different time, you need a special key card NOT the KTTW card/room key. It is separate. You can get it from the attendant when he/she is there or from either the YC or BC front desk.

It is a nice facility. I've used it on 3 trips. Very clean. If there is a conference it can get busy during weekday mornings from 6:30-8 or so, but I've not really had a problem getting to use equipment or anything. DH and I switch off--one of us goes and the other stays in the room with the kids, then we switch.

Have fun!

from IBCNU
The only time I was in the fitness center at the YC/BC was to walk through it to get to the lockers on our last day. We stored out bathing suits and a change of clothes there for an afternoon swim in SAB after the parks.

This is what I found:

Fitness Center and Spa

The Ship Shape Health Club is located between Disney's Yacht Club Resort and its sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort.

This fitness center and spa features massage therapies, body treatments, skin care and hair services, and men's and women's sauna and steam rooms.

State-of-the-art fitness equipment by Life Fitness and Hammer Strength includes treadmills, ellipticals, stair climbers, regular and recumbent bicycles, weight machines and free weights.

Open 24 hours a day.

An attendant is present from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

For club access beyond attendant hours, meet with an attendant to sign a waiver and obtain a 24-hour access key.

Resort Guests must be 14 years of age or older to use the health-club facilities. Guests 14 to 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian.

A personal trainer is also available by appointment, for an additional cost.
____

Found this bit of info:

If you are not staying at one of these resorts and would like to use a workout center, you may do so by paying $12.00 a day (subject to availability.) Please note that if you schedule a spa treatment, you may use the fitness center that day for no additional charge.

_____

Also found some pictures:

BC_ship_shape_fitness_center_01.sized.jpg

BC_ship_shape_fitness_center_02.sized.jpg

even more pictures:

http://allears.net/acc/bc28.jpg

http://allears.net/acc/bc29.jpg

Hope this helps! Dee

Just wanted to post a quick reply about a couple of things since arriving today. The pool is 100% open!! Also, to those of you wondering if concierge can exchange an AP voucher for the ticket, we were told no and that the IG of Epcot was the closest place to exchange. We love it so far! Everyone has been so helpful!!

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear you are having a spectacular time. I believe Teena is working this morning (after 9:30), so if you have a chance to say hello to her I think you would both enjoy the encounter. :)

According to easywdw.com, the Land pavilion is currently open until 10 and Disney doesn't seem to want to publicize it! So it's possible that you will be able to just walk onto Soarin' after getting out of Illuminations probably more than once. Pretty cool. I hope that continues. Keep an eye on the easywdw.com website as they seem to be all over that (oh and yeah, Test Track is down but they have some singing group over there instead, if you are interested in that!)

Thanks for that info. I have not spent nearly enough time over on the Theme Park boards for someone who will be guiding teens (now I am hearing 185 8th graders!!!) through the parks in a little over a month.

We FINALLY have a chaperone meeting on Tuesday night so I am hoping to confirm some of those minor details like when our flights are, how the meal vouchers will work and WHERE WE ARE STAYING! Oh, and curfew.

Does anyone know if there is a conference/convention at BC/YC the week of June 10th? We will be there that week and my sister decided to come with us but there are no rooms available at either resort, BW and Dolphin is sold out as well. Any ideas what is going on?

Just found out that TL is going to be rehabbing starting the day after we arrive at YC. It was the only after park we thought to visit while there because hubby has only ever been to BB. So now it looks like if we want to go, it will have to be the day we arrive. If we do that, it looks like we probably won't go to a regular park that day, which means we could go to the parks on our last day before heading to the airport.

So...my question is, if we have a late afternoon flight out, can we leave our bags with bell services until we are ready to head to the airport after we check-out? (We will have a rental car, so not using ME.)

Just found out that TL is going to be rehabbing starting the day after we arrive at YC. It was the only after park we thought to visit while there because hubby has only ever been to BB. So now it looks like if we want to go, it will have to be the day we arrive. If we do that, it looks like we probably won't go to a regular park that day, which means we could go to the parks on our last day before heading to the airport.

So...my question is, if we have a late afternoon flight out, can we leave our bags with bell services until we are ready to head to the airport after we check-out? (We will have a rental car, so not using ME.)

First - love the TL wave pool! Yes, you can absolutely leave your luggage with bell services. As we also like to get a later afternoon flight on departure day, we have done this more than once.

Thanks!

Luggage update- it has arrived at our doorstep. I think I heard someone dropping it off around 5 this morning.

Laundry is going, now must sort through pictures... In between flag football practice for both boys.

Teena's cruise pictures coming right up!

Hi Dee! Yay for luggage and hope you're settling in! Thanks for the photos from Teena - so fun! Teena and mmmears, wondering about the linens on the Wonder - are they the same as the Magic? I thought I read that the Wonder switched to comforters (like on the Dream and at YC/BC), but it looks like the Magic still has bedspreads in Teena's photos. We have some allergy issues and like to avoid the bedspreads, when possible.

Welcome home, Teena and Dee. Love the photos of the cruise. We've only cruised twice and both times it was that very cruise. Same animals, too. Soo darling.

pixarmom, love your photos, too. It makes me want to get back to Y&BC soon!!

Anyone else wish they were having a chocolate croissant from BC Markettplace for breakfast?

Hi BCV23! Yes! Having happy thoughts about BC Marketplace and our recent breakfast at Cape May - really miss them! :) I have a number of photos of the outside of YC that are very happy and I've think I need to pull those out for posting today.

Loganpaulsmom, glad your'e having a great time - looking forward to more reports!

pixarmom -- It was a fantastic cruise!!! Chilly, but otherwise just amazing! We had a great time and it was extra fun to go to Alaska with Disney. Please feel free to PM me any and all questions -- I know it's hard to plan for that trip! We did the train trip in Skagway and the snorkeling in Ketchikan (both through DCL). Our best day was in Juneau (a private all-day excursion through Above & Beyond Alaska. Friends recommended them and they have great reviews on Trip Advisor. We kayaked in Mendenhall Lake, climbed up on the glacier, ice-climbed, etc.) It was a day we will never forget!

Oh -- and we had pretty much the exact same towel animals that Teena had in the Caribbean!:goodvibes

mmmears, thanks so much! I will definitely accept that offer and send a PM as our cruise gets closer. Those excursions sound amazing - looking into Above & Beyond Alaska now!

Just wanted to drop in & say Hi!!! I am going through withdrawal as we are not currently planning a trip... usually we are gearing up for my husband's conference at the Swan/ Dolphin but we stay at the YC/BC... I am on a vacation hold for work, so it doesn't look like we are going to get to go this year :( Thanks for letting me live vicariuosly through you all!!!

Hi fairyprincess! Sorry to hear that you don't have a trip in the works, but good to see you! :)

Going to work on those YC photos . . .

I'm so glad i found this thread!! We will be staying in a 1BR villa in 11 days!!! It will be the 5 of us, myself, DH, DS17, DD3, and DD10 months. We are driving down from DE and hope to arrive by 10am. How early are the rooms ready? Since we will be in the car over 14 hours, I want to let the baby roam. I'm packing a pool bag for our arrival anyways. Just thought I'd ask.

Thank you all for all the information throughout this thread, I've lurked a bit trying to learn all I can before our arrival :-)

Some additional photos from Spring Break! The YC lobby:

21cfe4a7.jpg

0a590bec.jpg

1dae4c01.jpg

1048602f.jpg

b6cbfb94.jpg

Seating area up the stairs from the lobby:

f6bdb5a2.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, Dee requested photos of the rocking chairs outside the YC. Wow - I never realized how much outside seating is available at the YC! Maybe we need a Q&A, like this:

Q: "Is there anywhere for me to sit outside at the YC?"
A: "Yes!"

e6699b8c.jpg

b44f7898.jpg

327cf9a2.jpg

841de0dc.jpg

7a402ad0.jpg

afe732bd.jpg

b374b942.jpg

b3795b93.jpg

b5fb60e4.jpg

c050d1a3.jpg

fa3762b5.jpg

cc130eb2.jpg

I'm so glad i found this thread!! We will be staying in a 1BR villa in 11 days!!! It will be the 5 of us, myself, DH, DS17, DD3, and DD10 months. We are driving down from DE and hope to arrive by 10am. How early are the rooms ready? Since we will be in the car over 14 hours, I want to let the baby roam. I'm packing a pool bag for our arrival anyways. Just thought I'd ask.

Thank you all for all the information throughout this thread, I've lurked a bit trying to learn all I can before our arrival :-)

Welcome, loweschickie! We've checked in at BC as early as 8am and at YC as early as 7am (actually a few minutes before.) Room readiness varies significantly. For some stays, our room has been ready as early as 7am and for others, it has been ready in the afternoon around 3pm. They actually had a room ready for us at 7am about a week ago, but it was first floor and we requested upper, so we offered to wait for an upper floor room that would be ready later in the afternoon. We were heading to DHS anyway and didn't really need our room until around 3pm anyway. So it depends, but it's a good idea to be prepared with a pool or park bag!

Here's a question I received by PM. I have never been in the Health Club/Spa areas and I don't really know when they were last rehabbed.

MickeyT has some pictures of the locker room/changing area which I believe are posted on Page 1.

There is additional information from other people who have posted, although I don't know exactly when- maybe a couple of years old. I don't think any rehab has taken place since then.

from Arkansan
The Health Club is between YC and BC along the outdoor walkway that connects the two resorts next to SAB. It is near Beaches and Cream, the hair salon, etc.

It has basic equipment--treadmills, stair climbers, ellipticals, bikes. There are lots of free weights and weight machines. There are several ab things to do crunches with, etc. and mats for stretching, yoga, floor work. I'm sorry, but I don't remember if there is a rowing machine.

There are two locker rooms with lockers and showers. There is also a hot tub and some massage rooms.

There is an attendant in the room from about 6:30 am-8? pm or so. If you want to work out at a different time, you need a special key card NOT the KTTW card/room key. It is separate. You can get it from the attendant when he/she is there or from either the YC or BC front desk.

It is a nice facility. I've used it on 3 trips. Very clean. If there is a conference it can get busy during weekday mornings from 6:30-8 or so, but I've not really had a problem getting to use equipment or anything. DH and I switch off--one of us goes and the other stays in the room with the kids, then we switch.

Have fun!

from IBCNU
The only time I was in the fitness center at the YC/BC was to walk through it to get to the lockers on our last day. We stored out bathing suits and a change of clothes there for an afternoon swim in SAB after the parks.

This is what I found:

Fitness Center and Spa

The Ship Shape Health Club is located between Disney's Yacht Club Resort and its sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort.

This fitness center and spa features massage therapies, body treatments, skin care and hair services, and men's and women's sauna and steam rooms.

State-of-the-art fitness equipment by Life Fitness and Hammer Strength includes treadmills, ellipticals, stair climbers, regular and recumbent bicycles, weight machines and free weights.

Open 24 hours a day.

An attendant is present from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

For club access beyond attendant hours, meet with an attendant to sign a waiver and obtain a 24-hour access key.

Resort Guests must be 14 years of age or older to use the health-club facilities. Guests 14 to 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian.

A personal trainer is also available by appointment, for an additional cost.
____

Found this bit of info:

If you are not staying at one of these resorts and would like to use a workout center, you may do so by paying $12.00 a day (subject to availability.) Please note that if you schedule a spa treatment, you may use the fitness center that day for no additional charge.

_____

Also found some pictures:

BC_ship_shape_fitness_center_01.sized.jpg

BC_ship_shape_fitness_center_02.sized.jpg

even more pictures:

http://allears.net/acc/bc28.jpg

http://allears.net/acc/bc29.jpg

Hope this helps! Dee

Thanks Dee for such a great response, lots of good information.:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter