• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part III- DO NOT POST HERE- Summer/Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chances of a King bed, even if your first request, are very low. I would think your first request would be close to lobby due to mobility issues. Don't check in on-line and make sure that when you do check in at reservations you get that room close to the elevator. That's my recommendation (for what it's worth).

In all of our on-site stays, we've always requested a King Bed, and never had a problem getting it. It truly is the most important thing for us.

When you say request close to Lobby, does that mean we would be close to the Concierge Lounge/Elevators? We are booked SV-CL, so will be on the 5th floor (I think, isn't that where all those rooms are located?) I'm not sure requesting the Lobby would work unless the lounge and elevators are near the lobby. Is that the case?

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry for sounding confused.

In all of our on-site stays, we've always requested a King Bed, and never had a problem getting it. It truly is the most important thing for us.

When you say request close to Lobby, does that mean we would be close to the Concierge Lounge/Elevators? We are booked SV-CL, so will be on the 5th floor (I think, isn't that where all those rooms are located?) I'm not sure requesting the Lobby would work unless the lounge and elevators are near the lobby. Is that the case?

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry for sounding confused.

There is only one king bed standard view club level room. Therefore, for you to get that room, it would have to be vacant on the day you check-in. Not good odds obviously. And that room is NOT close to the lounge and elevators. If that room is not available on the day you check in, you can always request to be room changed when or if it becomes available. The Y&B have very few rooms with king beds in them.

If a king bed is an absolute MUST, then personally I'd do one of two things. (1) I'd upgrade to a one bedroom suite thereby guaranteeing you'd have a king bed or (2) I would change resorts to a resort where you can book a room with a king bed versus requesting a room with a king bed. I know some resorts actually have a category where you can actually book a king bed room. It's a separate category. Unfortunately, because the Y&B have so few king beds, it is not a category you can book ... you can only request one. And as you can see, the odds aren't good since there is only one king bed in the room category that you booked.

The club level floor is the fifth floor. The elevators that you use to get to the fifth floor open close to the lounge. The elevators are to the left of the lobby when you walk in the front door of the BC. The one bedroom suites that have king beds in them (guaranteed) are on the first, second, third and fourth floors. However, your keys will give you elevator access to the fifth floor so you can use the services of the concierge cast members up there and also the lounge. There are one bedroom suites close to the lobby and elevators and also very very far away from the lobby and elevators. My favorite one bedroom suite is 1501. It is next to the exit door that is so close to Epcot, you are almost in Epcot!

Heres a question for you. We arrive late at night on the 23rd (we land after 9 pm) and we currently have AS Movies booked. We then move to BCV on the 24th for three nights. I can get us in the regular Beach Club now for the 23rd but it is quite a bit more money.

I am thinking we check out of ASM the morning of the 24th, go to Animal Kingdom and head over to BCV after lunch. Knock out a morning park, eat and by then we go to BCV.

What are your opinions if I should move to the Beach Club or save $175 for meals?

Save the money. I think this is what is going to end up happening with us. We changed our flights and now are not arriving till 8:30 pm, so instead of checking in late at BC we might hit the LQ by the airport then head over early in the morn to begin WDW. I just can't justify almost $200 to sleep for a few hours (difference between BC and LQ).

Hey Teena.

I'm glad to hear your second surgery is over and you are recovering. Fingers crossed that you can fly out to help Jeanne and see Ms. Lilly on the 23rd, though we will miss you when we arrive!!!

Jay

Thanks Jay. I'm so upset we will miss each other. I had such a nice time talking with you when you were here for that conference!!!

So happy your surgery went well TEENA!!! :) I will stop to say hi to you on 8/21 - our last YC day but your first day back! :) C U soon and again soooo happy you did great with the surgery! WIth all the issues I had with my knee in 2011, I think I can speak for you and I that 2012 can't come soon enough! XO Melissa

So happy your surgery went well TEENA!!! :) I will stop to say hi to you on 8/21 - our last YC day but your first day back! :) C U soon and again soooo happy you did great with the surgery! WIth all the issues I had with my knee in 2011, I think I can speak for you and I that 2012 can't come soon enough! XO Melissa

Thanks Melissa ... how about you and I raise a glass of "something" to each other at exactly midnight on New Year's Eve to celebrate getting through a tough 2011??

There is only one king bed standard view club level room. Therefore, for you to get that room, it would have to be vacant on the day you check-in. Not good odds obviously. And that room is NOT close to the lounge and elevators. If that room is not available on the day you check in, you can always request to be room changed when or if it becomes available. The Y&B have very few rooms with king beds in them.

If a king bed is an absolute MUST, then personally I'd do one of two things. (1) I'd upgrade to a one bedroom suite thereby guaranteeing you'd have a king bed or (2) I would change resorts to a resort where you can book a room with a king bed versus requesting a room with a king bed. I know some resorts actually have a category where you can actually book a king bed room. It's a separate category. Unfortunately, because the Y&B have so few king beds, it is not a category you can book ... you can only request one. And as you can see, the odds aren't good since there is only one king bed in the room category that you booked.

The club level floor is the fifth floor. The elevators that you use to get to the fifth floor open close to the lounge. The elevators are to the left of the lobby when you walk in the front door of the BC. The one bedroom suites that have king beds in them (guaranteed) are on the first, second, third and fourth floors. However, your keys will give you elevator access to the fifth floor so you can use the services of the concierge cast members up there and also the lounge. There are one bedroom suites close to the lobby and elevators and also very very far away from the lobby and elevators. My favorite one bedroom suite is 1501. It is next to the exit door that is so close to Epcot, you are almost in Epcot!

Thanks for that info. Unfortunately, there is no availability to upgrade to a one-bedroom suite, or we would totally consider it. As far as I know, you can't book a king bed room at any deluxe resort other than in suites so that won't work for us as we won't stay at anything other than a deluxe. We also are specifically staying at BC/YC because of the F&W Fest and the proximity to Epcot.

So what would be the likelihood of BC allowing us to stay in a non-CL level Water View room, but still get the CL amenities? We'd be willing to go up a floor as needed for Lounge access, but would be willing to forego the 5th floor for a King bed.

Thanks for that info. Unfortunately, there is no availability to upgrade to a one-bedroom suite, or we would totally consider it. As far as I know, you can't book a king bed room at any deluxe resort other than in suites so that won't work for us as we won't stay at anything other than a deluxe. We also are specifically staying at BC/YC because of the F&W Fest and the proximity to Epcot.

So what would be the likelihood of BC allowing us to stay in a non-CL level Water View room, but still get the CL amenities? We'd be willing to go up a floor as needed for Lounge access, but would be willing to forego the 5th floor for a King bed.

I can't answer that except to tell you that from what I've heard they don't like to do that and rarely does it happen. However, you can certainly ask. I believe the feeling on that is probably that club level only has a certain amount of rooms and if they gave club level access to non club level rooms, the lounge, amount of food, cast members, etc. would be overcrowded. If they do it for one, they'd really have to do it for everybody that didn't get the room they requested. Again, you have to remember, a request is just a request. There are no guarantees you will get anything you request, especially when the resort is full (like during the Food & Wine Festival). Keep in mind that there are very very few king beds anywhere at all ... club level or non club level at the BC. Did you check the Vice Presidential suite? That's a king bed and wow ... what a room!

Someone told me you can book a king bed club level at the Boardwalk .. they are called club level cottages. That might be worth a try. It's still close to Epcot.

Also, keep calling about the one bedroom suites at the BC ... availability changes all the time.

I can't answer that except to tell you that from what I've heard they don't like to do that and rarely does it happen. However, you can certainly ask. I believe the feeling on that is probably that club level only has a certain amount of rooms and if they gave club level access to non club level rooms, the lounge, amount of food, cast members, etc. would be overcrowded. If they do it for one, they'd really have to do it for everybody that didn't get the room they requested. Again, you have to remember, a request is just a request. There are no guarantees you will get anything you request, especially when the resort is full (like during the Food & Wine Festival). Keep in mind that there are very very few king beds anywhere at all ... club level or non club level at the BC. Did you check the Vice Presidential suite? That's a king bed and wow ... what a room!

Someone told me you can book a king bed club level at the Boardwalk .. they are called club level cottages. That might be worth a try. It's still close to Epcot.

Also, keep calling about the one bedroom suites at the BC ... availability changes all the time.

We've stayed in a Garden Cottage at BWI, and yes, they do have King Beds. Of course, they are also practically at the point furthest from the CL lounge and staff as you can get at that resort. There is a stairwell that you can climb up several flights for access, or you can take the long meandering path through the ground floor, the elevators up to the CL floor, and another super long hallway down to the CL area, or you can just not use the lounge and staff. When we stayed in a Cottage Suite, we pretty much had to resort to option 2 as it was so hard to get up there since I can't climb stairs. As a result of our experience, we are not big fans of BWI.

I guess we didn't realize how few king beds there were at the BC. We always stay Deluxe and get our King bed request. We've never had an issue even though we know there are fewer rooms with one king than other room types. Does Disney assume only families stay at this resort? Are there rooms with only one Queen Bed at least?

We've stayed in a Garden Cottage at BWI, and yes, they do have King Beds. Of course, they are also practically at the point furthest from the CL lounge and staff as you can get at that resort. There is a stairwell that you can climb up several flights for access, or you can take the long meandering path through the ground floor, the elevators up to the CL floor, and another super long hallway down to the CL area, or you can just not use the lounge and staff. When we stayed in a Cottage Suite, we pretty much had to resort to option 2 as it was so hard to get up there since I can't climb stairs. As a result of our experience, we are not big fans of BWI.

I guess we didn't realize how few king beds there were at the BC. We always stay Deluxe and get our King bed request. We've never had an issue even though we know there are fewer rooms with one king than other room types. Does Disney assume only families stay at this resort? Are there rooms with only one Queen Bed at least?

There are a handful that only have one queen bed but they have daybeds in them so they can sleep more than two.

I think you have been extremely lucky to always get a king bed!

Totally understand what you are saying about the cottages at the Boardwalk. I would have to agree with you!

TPCShauna, since you want king and proximity to Epcot, have you considered a one bedroom villa at BCV? All have one king. No club level though. All studios have one queen and a sofa sleeper.

TPCShauna, since you want king and proximity to Epcot, have you considered a one bedroom villa at BCV? All have one king. No club level though. All studios have one queen and a sofa sleeper.

That's a great idea. I just checked, and they only have studios available. I guess I'm just going to have to make the request, and hope I get lucky. I hope DH is OK with it. :headache:

One last question: Can the IPO staff add my room requests to my ressie, or do I have to call CRO?

One last question: Can the IPO staff add my room requests to my ressie, or do I have to call CRO?

IPO added my room request of wedding gazebo (hope that happens). Last October when DD and I stayed at YC CL we checked in went to our room and guess what there was... a king bed.... DD25 looked at me and said I'm not sleeping with you :confused3 so we had to go back to the desk and ask for another room with 2 queens... and we had a daybed!! So it is random how they assign the rooms!! Good Luck and enjoy the F&W festival!!! We had a great time last year!!

~Nannette

PS: LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing double digits FINALLY!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Well in less then 24 hours we will be onsite at the BC. Can't wait and will try to report in during the trip.

Chris

Teena - Just caught up on this thread. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well and had to undergo surgery. I know all about kidney issues - I only have one and if I have any kidney related problems, I panic.

Your granddaughter is adorable, I'm glad you will be able to see her at the end of the month. I just found out that I am going to be a grandmother. My daughter is due in late March.

Has anyone ever mailed themselves a box to the Beach Club?? I was planning to send a box via United State Postal Service, but wasn't sure how it worked.

I just found out that I am going to be a grandmother. My daughter is due in late March.

Congratulations, although we as grandparents really have very little to do with it. My first grandchild (girl) is due to arrive in three weeks.

Has anyone ever mailed themselves a box to the Beach Club?? I was planning to send a box via United State Postal Service, but wasn't sure how it worked.

See information on this topic on page one of this thread. USPS is the way to go if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter