• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part III- DO NOT POST HERE- Summer/Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever dealt with a complete WASH OUT with rain?

Trying to not to read too much into a 2 week out forecast, but Accuweather can project out our trip now (Days 1-6 of a 7 day stay) and the forecast is straight-up RAIN (not scattered/isolated/afternoon TStorms, but RAIN) for EVERY DAY!!

Don't mind an afternoon storm (in fact, I welcome it...we have ADRs most nights around 5, 530...aka, storm time), but will be severely disappointed with flat-out rain all day. Although I guess lines would be shorter? Waste of SAB, though...

We were there in August, 2008 for Tropical Storm Fay. THAT was a wash-out :rotfl: :rotfl: We were there for 7 days and it would fluctuate from torrential downpours to drizzle (even some periods of no rain at all) and tons of wind for the last 5 days of our 7 day trip :( WDW tried to accommodate their resort guests by adding early opening to certain parks in the event that they had to close any parks (there was wide-spread flooding in Orlando, but WDW fared ok) Ponchos were useless as the winds would just blow them up and the rain would pelt your clothes....

Even with the miserable weather, we had a fantastic trip! We still hit the parks and rode what we could...

Weather forecasts change so much, esp. if it's more than a few days out. I know when we were there a couple of weeks ago, I got all excited that the week-long forecast called for a mere 10-20% chance of thunderstorms. Once we were there, that changed to 40-60%, but we still only ended up with 2 afternoon/evenings of rain out of 7 days :thumbsup2 There's still hope! :goodvibes:goodvibes

****TEENA~Thinking of you today and praying your recovery is quick!!!!! (((((HUGS)))):grouphug::grouphug: )

Teena--Thinking of you today and hope you feel better quick. I will be at Disney the 21st and 22nd and I already told everyone we have to detour through the BC lobby to meet you!

Yes, hope all goes well for you with your surgery today, Teena!

Thanks for all the CL posts. I have been second guessing my choice, but I'm feeling happier about it now!!!

praying things go smoothly for you today Teena!!

Thanks for sharing the Lilly cutness with all of us!!

Well, I got a bit of good Disney news last night. DH's brother, wife and two kids were passing through VA last night and stopped at the IL's for the night, so we went over for a visit for a few hours. We are supposed to go on a huge family vaca in 2012 with SI:'s family and DH's side for a train across Canada adventure. SO Disney was out of the question for DH and I for 2012 and we were thinking about going in 2013 for a cruise/DW stay.

Well SIL said her family not be ready to do the train adventure until 2013 it's all up in the air (which is sooooo typical for that family lol). So I'm not no problem we just need to know something and she reiterated she's pushing for 2013. Ok great.

DH and I head back home and he says "So if we get a bounce back offer at BC we can book for next year now since there's no Canada trip". :woohoo: :yay: DH was very adamant before that no matter what we weren't going back to DW in 2012, but I add, so I can look at cruises too? and he said yep! :cheer2:

So yay!!!!! Now for him to have an amazing time in October so his mood doesn't spoil! lol

She gets very annoyed and lately has been pooping in the towel ... .

I can relate... I also poop in the towel when I get very annoyed.... which has been A LOT lately.... so we are almost out of towels. :scared1:

Can I tell you I was just SCREAMING with laughter when I read this Lilly report.... Oh how I remember the days!

still :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

~MM

Just wanted to stop by and say: 6 MORE DAYS. :banana::banana: Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Well, thanks to all of y'all on this lovely thread, I am happy to say that we are officially booked for SV-CL for October 5 through the 9th, at the Beach Club. Even though we only live an hour away, I still wanted to stay on-site for my first F&W Fest and MNSSHP, plus we have the added bonus that October 5 is our anniversary.

So, I know that y'all have told me this before, but I can't remember what you said. I have mobility issues and will have a scooter for our trip. However, I would like to be able to walk to and from the pool and the CL lounge so I would ideally like to be near the elevators and the lounge. This is our anniversary trip so we'd like to request a king bed, but we don't care about balcony size or which parking lot/roof we see ;) (booked standard view).

Knowing all that, what should I put on my room request in terms of location. Yes, I will list the king bed as my first choice, but I also want to at least ask for a specific location as well in the hopes we don't get stuck in the nether regions of the resort.

So, now that I've said all that - can I just tell you how flipping excited I am!!!!! Less than 2 months to go! Woohoo!!!!!!!

:thumbsup2 Thanks! I appreciate all of your post but just quoted this part because it was concerning me a bit...
What I meant was the Club Level lounges at the WDW Deluxe Resorts are very relaxing and etc, so you won't feel out of place and why they are nothing compared to those hotel chains I mentioned.

What I meant was the Club Level lounges at the WDW Deluxe Resorts are very relaxing and etc, so you won't feel out of place and why they are nothing compared to those hotel chains I mentioned.

:rotfl: That's what I got from it but I has the dumbs today and can't articulate very well.

We were there in August, 2008 for Tropical Storm Fay. THAT was a wash-out :rotfl: :rotfl: We were there for 7 days and it would fluctuate from torrential downpours to drizzle (even some periods of no rain at all) and tons of wind for the last 5 days of our 7 day trip :( WDW tried to accommodate their resort guests by adding early opening to certain parks in the event that they had to close any parks (there was wide-spread flooding in Orlando, but WDW fared ok) Ponchos were useless as the winds would just blow them up and the rain would pelt your clothes....

Even with the miserable weather, we had a fantastic trip! We still hit the parks and rode what we could...

Weather forecasts change so much, esp. if it's more than a few days out. I know when we were there a couple of weeks ago, I got all excited that the week-long forecast called for a mere 10-20% chance of thunderstorms. Once we were there, that changed to 40-60%, but we still only ended up with 2 afternoon/evenings of rain out of 7 days :thumbsup2 There's still hope! :goodvibes:goodvibes
I was also at WDW during Tropical Storm Fay and I couldn't believe all the rain during that 1 week. Now I guess we were lucky it did not turn into a Hurricane. However the frustrating part was the times when the rain would just stop and we thought the wrost was over, then maybe 20 minutes later it would start again.

I remember one morning we tried going to the Magic Kingdom because it didn't start to rain for a while, but when we got there it started coming down and to make things go faster they turned off the biometric finger scans at the entrance.

Need some help here and wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question. I have two teens and they seem to have trouble sharing the sofa to sleep :laughing:. Has anyone requested a cot to be delivered to a 1 Bedroom Villa? Can BCV do this? Thanks in advance!

I was also at WDW during Tropical Storm Fay and I couldn't believe all the rain during that 1 week. Now I guess we were lucky it did not turn into a Hurricane. However the frustrating part was the times when the rain would just stop and we thought the wrost was over, then maybe 20 minutes later it would start again.

I remember one morning we tried going to the Magic Kingdom because it didn't start to rain for a while, but when we got there it started coming down and to make things go faster they turned off the biometric finger scans at the entrance.

Was that Thursday? We were at Hollywood Studios on that day of our "Fayecation"- here's a photo as we were leaving Chef Mickeys:

P8210738.jpg

But as others have said, even with all the rain we encountered that week, we still managed to have a great time and make some unforgetable memories.

Although I'm not sure that my sneakers have dried out yet! :rotfl:

Was that Thursday? We were at Hollywood Studios on that day of our "Fayecation"- here's a photo as we were leaving Chef Mickeys:

P8210738.jpg

But as others have said, even with all the rain we encountered that week, we still managed to have a great time and some unforgetable memories.

Although I'm not sure that my sneakers have dried out yet! :rotfl:
Actually we tried going to the Magic Kingdom on Friday of that week.

Need some help here and wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question. I have two teens and they seem to have trouble sharing the sofa to sleep :laughing:. Has anyone requested a cot to be delivered to a 1 Bedroom Villa? Can BCV do this? Thanks in advance!

We requested a "real" crib when we stayed at BCV last summer and mousekeeping delivered one right away. I'm sure they could deliver a roll-away. We just asked when we checked in and the nice girl called mousekeeping to confirm.

Amanda

I'm still looking for a picture of a rollaway cot in a room- if anyone has one, please post, or if you do request a cot on a future trip, please snap a picture for me!

Thanks!

Dee

I know a lot of people want certain rooms and I have made plenty of room request in my time. But the best rooms I have received have been when I just waited and took luck of the draw. Pay for your location (sv, gv, wv etc) and then look at your location at checkin!

I requested a room with a daybed and was thinking about changing the request to a room with gazebo view (we're also boooked GV). But every time I see that someone has a great view, they usually say they did not request anything.

Teena, I hope everything went OK today. :flower:

Just got home. Surgery was a success. Back for x-rays on Friday to make sure nothing "bad" is left in the kidneys. Doctor said no work until 8/21 and I'll feel like a mack truck ran into me for a few days. Right now I feel no pain. If all goes according to plan (keeping fingers crossed) I'll make it to Jeanne's on 8/23!

Thanks so much for all the good wishes and prayers! You guys are the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter