2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there are eight standing room only balconies on the BC CL floor.

Thanks Teena:goodvibes

Sometimes I have wondered how the balconies affected the architecture of the YC/BC buildings...such as the huge balcony I had recently at YC...while that balcony was LARGER than the balcony for the CL Lounge..:laughing:I think it add beauty to the exterior of the building...
WHile it could be too close for comfort for some guests....I loved it!

Regarding the garden view rooms at BC, I was just checking our reservations and our garden view is actually only $6 more per night than a standard room during value season in February - an even better deal than I thought! :wizard:

Sounds like you may have booked with the 40% off code!! Nice! I am missing BC so much!

Darn that code! lol

My Jan quickie solo trip for the WDW Half Marathon was suppose to be on the cheap since I am out of DVC pts....but I just YC/BC/BCV area..and being so close to WS...and being able to walk back to your room after finishing the Half like WIne and Dine.....was wonderful!

Sounds like you may have booked with the 40% off code!! Nice! I am missing BC so much!

Me too!

I am sooo hoping for that 40% code or that the AP rate for July is just as good! Are you coming back this summer - if so we definitely gotta fix that Dis Name (How about LovingtheLodge&BC!)

I have another question--I booked the rooms with the garden view. Is there any word on where those might be? I only made one request, that we have a full balcony, as it would be rather difficult with five in the room not to have one. Now I wonder if that is a doable request, as I don't really know the layout of the resort enough. I am also assuming that since we are a family of five, we will get a room with a daybed. Is that so?

After 3 straight years with the kids at GF, the DGF and I are making our first non kiddo trip to the YC in December. To say that we cannot wait is the understatment of the century.

This thread is soooooooo long but I am trying to read everything I can. There is so much wonderful and amazing information compiled by all the contributors and people with questions and answers. It is only heightening our excitement.

We decided this at the last minute for our own vacation that ressies are hard to come by but we did secure a Yachtsman Steakhouse ressie that we cannot wait.

Lots of fun to be had...

I have another question--I booked the rooms with the garden view. Is there any word on where those might be? I only made one request, that we have a full balcony, as it would be rather difficult with five in the room not to have one. Now I wonder if that is a doable request, as I don't really know the layout of the resort enough. I am also assuming that since we are a family of five, we will get a room with a daybed. Is that so?

You'll get a room with a daybed. When you check in, just verify by saying, "We have a daybed, right?" If for some strange reason they say no, just tell them, we're a party of five and need it. No problem!

Half the rooms do not have full balconies. The rooms with and without full balconies are spread out all over the resort.

Since you only have one request, "full balcony", there's a good chance you'll get it. Again, ask at check-in and if they say no, tell them you would like one and would they please check to find one. If they say none is available that day, tell them you will room change to one the next day (if you want to of course).

For those just visiting this thread for the first time this weekend and are staying YC/BC/BCV in December, welcome and please let us add your name to our robust list of December DISers.

TiggerFan3590 BC 11/30 – 12/07
Liltoot BC 12/01 – 12/05
MUNUmom BC 12/02 – 12/08
Counselormom BC 12/03 – 12/11
Diseverestfan BC 12/04 – 12/11
Chaoticsweetness BC 12/05 – 12/10
Gmanuaus BC
KB24 BC 12/06 – 12/13
EspressoMom BC 12/07 – 12/13
AimHi BC CL 12/07 – 12/13
LeafsFanNL BC 12/08 – 12/12
That_Australian_Kid BC 12/08 – 12/14
Crazy4wdw BC 12/09 – 12/16
YanJan BC 12/11 – 12/15
Ilovejsparrow BC 12/12 – 12/18
Sara98629 BC 12/15 – 12/19
West&East BC CL 12/18 – 12/23
Gabe’s Mom BC 12/23 – 12/31
Cwnhokie BCV 12/11 – 12/15
DisneyMouser BCV 12/13 – 12/17
Kittycat9 YC CL 11/27 – 12/07
Aerorea YC 11/28 – 12/04
ThreeKMom YC 11/28 – 12/05
Katesdad YC 11/29 – 12/04
Sophie832 YC 12/02 – 12/12
Raspus YC CL 12/03 – 12/10
GaSwan YC
Pamelasu1 YC 12/08 – 12/13
Alisaheather YC 12/09 – 12/15
Cocoabean1 YC CL 12/10 – 12/19
BLTLDZ YC 12/12 – 12/17
ChrisLMW YC 12/14 – 12/18
Arkansan YC CL 12/16 – 12/21

Katesdad...can I be added. We are going to YC 12/13 - 12/17

I've been back for a little over a week and I'm in a funk. Just wanted to say the Beach Club Villa we had was AWESOME. We had a two bedroom and the balcony from the master bed/living room was huge. The second bedroom also had a full balcony. We could see illuminations fireworks from our balcony - it was so wonderful. Epcot was literally a 5 minute walk, and on the way home we walked under the bridge to avoid the hill at the end of the day:rotfl: My daughter surprised me with tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, which was a blast. Then, she surprised me with a fireworks illumination cruise. If you ever take the cruise ask for Dave to be your skipper. He is a wealth of disney knowledge. I said a quick hello to Teena literally on my way out the door as we were checking out. It was a perfect in every way trip.

This was our first time at BCV, but I would think our room qualifies as one of the best. It was so quiet, it seemed like we were the only ones there. Plus the huge balconies and the illuminations fireworks views made it awesome. I would take that room again in a heartbeat.

This is for those just back from either the YC or the BC, are they still doing the bounceback offer?
We'll be at the YC in Dec and I'm hoping they are still doing it.

Also, is the CL lounge still open 24 hours?

Yes - I did get the 40% off rate! The day Disney released that rate, I called to apply it to our reservation. (I signed up for Mousemisers.com alerts a long time ago, and they are great!) I remember that it was an easy choice to upgrade to garden view! I sent out an alert to everyone I knew with reservations at a Disney resort during the relevant time period, and it was a day-o-savings for all!

So I agree with Robyn - you should return next summer, and we should add BC to your name! We were huge WL fans before our family outgrew a standard room there, so I can also understand LovintheLodge! :wizard:

OK, after reading this entire thread, I am now ready to make a room request. However, I went to my reservation confirmation and can't find a phone number on it anywhere except for the one to make dining reservations.

Does anyone know what number to call to make a room request?

Thanks so much for your help!

Does anyone have the number to call to make my room request?

You'll get a room with a daybed. When you check in, just verify by saying, "We have a daybed, right?" If for some strange reason they say no, just tell them, we're a party of five and need it. No problem!

Half the rooms do not have full balconies. The rooms with and without full balconies are spread out all over the resort.

Since you only have one request, "full balcony", there's a good chance you'll get it. Again, ask at check-in and if they say no, tell them you would like one and would they please check to find one. If they say none is available that day, tell them you will room change to one the next day (if you want to of course).

Thanks, Teena! The full balcony is not a make or break deal, really. The major reasons for booking BC for us were: 1. Stormalong Bay and 2. the fitness center. So, as long as we hav eaccess to those, we'll be fine. The whole full balcony is a nice to have type of thing.

Thanks again! So looking forward to staying at the Beach Club!

Thanks, Teena! The full balcony is not a make or break deal, really. The major reasons for booking BC for us were: 1. Stormalong Bay and 2. the fitness center. So, as long as we hav eaccess to those, we'll be fine. The whole full balcony is a nice to have type of thing.

Thanks again! So looking forward to staying at the Beach Club!

When you check in, ask the cast member at the front desk for an after hours key to the fitness center ... then you won't have to worry about getting there before it closes.

This is for those just back from either the YC or the BC, are they still doing the bounceback offer?
We'll be at the YC in Dec and I'm hoping they are still doing it.

Also, is the CL lounge still open 24 hours?

There was no bounceback offer in our room earlier this month. I have read on many of the threads here on the DIS that it is not being offered right now; no one is finding it in the rooms.

As for the CL lounge, I think earlier in this thread Teena confirmed that the 24 hr. policy was still ongoing, although it is still being tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter