2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ WDW4u2006: Congrats!!! That is wonderful news!!! Enjoy your trip. And don't worry about sending pictures to me until you return. There's no rush!

Questions/Comments on Standard Views. If having a nice view is important to you, then you should book a level up from Standard. I think that is one of the reasons the BC/YC is going through the reclassification process, so families will get what they paid for and not be disappointed.

For me, view is not important, so I book a standard view. But sometimes, yucky is in the eye of the beholder. This is the view we had looking out directly from our balcony on the last trip:

BUT, at night we could see some fireworks from EPCOT and from Magic Kingdom. BTW- if you are following my trip report- forget this part, because it will be part of a magical reveal. In the future...

So we loved what we could see from our room.

But it is best to go in with the opinion that if you book standard you should expect to have a pretty bad view, but if you don't then be pleasantly surprised!

Teena- will the rooms with woods views and some of the ones EPCOT views still be standard? Maybe there should be a whole category of standard view classifications:

Standard- really yucky (parking lot, rooftops)

Standard- big tree, but fireworks view

Standard- woods view

Standard- you scored view- EPCOT

If they need someone to come down to tackle this project and stay in each of the rooms, I will volunteer for this assignment!

I can't tell you what s truly MAGICAL day it has been!! I will post all details when I get home but we received an amazing upgrade to a Lagoon View Club Level room!! We were greeted by Brett outside, have no idea how he knew who we were, and, after finding Teena, who is truly amazing, we were whisked away to the fifth floor. The service is incredible and everyone is just so darn nice!!

Right now, I am sitting on the beach at the Poly, sipping a pina colada, waiting for the fireworks to begin....just hanging out with my husband and two kids, 17 and 20. Everything is perfect, just needed to share with people who "get it"!! I'll post more when I can...Aloha for now, ha ha.

WOW:banana: That is wonderful. Have a great time. :thumbsup2

WDW4us2006, what a lovely surprise! Hopefully that will be me sitting on the beach next week sipping a pina colada - yum!!
This time next week we will be at the airport - flying at 1pm (hopefully no delays!) I can't wait :cool1:

I don't have the answers to your questions,but just wanted to say congrats!!! Hoping your trip will be fantastic for you!!!

Quick Question for Teena, or anyone who knows...this will be our 4th trip to the BC with a Standard~ what is the chance of a reaaaally bad view? I have pretty much had okay views...one trip we did get a room of a rooftop, but the CM changed us to a view of the volleyball net area...much nicer! I have requested a room closer to the Laundry/Epcot area since I do laundry at least once (sometimes twice:scared1::laundy:) on vacation!!! We are a fam of 5 and those dirties pile up quick!!!! LOL Anyway, just curious what the chances of a crummy view would be if we got a room over on the quiet pool side! Thanks ever so much!!

About 50/50 I'm afraid ... sounds like you've been lucky in the past. Won't 2011 be great? Then you'll know you will be getting a yucky view if you book standard and for a little more $ you can be guaranteed a nicer view (garden/courtyard). No more guesswork! If you book standard, even if you ask for a room change, it's still going to be standard which pretty much means a yucky view.

As far as requesting the quiet pool area, if you get first floor, you'll be okay. All those views are ok in my opinion (wooded areas). Even the second floor aren't bad. But when you get into third and fourth, you run into the risk of a roof view. And of course, there's no guarantee you'll be getting your request of quiet pool area.

Hurry up January!

@ WDW4u2006: Congrats!!! That is wonderful news!!! Enjoy your trip. And don't worry about sending pictures to me until you return. There's no rush!

Questions/Comments on Standard Views. If having a nice view is important to you, then you should book a level up from Standard. I think that is one of the reasons the BC/YC is going through the reclassification process, so families will get what they paid for and not be disappointed.

For me, view is not important, so I book a standard view. But sometimes, yucky is in the eye of the beholder. This is the view we had looking out directly from our balcony on the last trip:

BUT, at night we could see some fireworks from EPCOT and from Magic Kingdom. BTW- if you are following my trip report- forget this part, because it will be part of a magical reveal. In the future...

But it is best to go in with the opinion that if you book standard you should expect to have a pretty bad view, but if you don't then be pleasantly surprised!

Teena- will the rooms with woods views and some of the ones EPCOT views still be standard? Maybe there should be a whole category of standard view classifications:

Standard- woods view

If they need someone to come down to tackle this project and stay in each of the rooms, I will volunteer for this assignment!

You're so funny!

I've been told that standard will be parking lot and roof views and there sure are alot of those views. Garden views supposedly (again from what we were told) will be garden, woods, courtyard views ... anything that is greenish and doesn't show a roof or parking lot. Those rooms up on the CL where you see the roof (or as we call it, "pebble beach") and past the roof you see fireworks at night, they would probably be a standard view. Until the new map comes out and the rooms are loaded on our computers with the new classification, we don't know for sure except what we've been told. I would imagine that means we will know exactly what new category each room is on January 1st.

I can't tell you what s truly MAGICAL day it has been!! I will post all details when I get home but we received an amazing upgrade to a Lagoon View Club Level room!! We were greeted by Brett outside, have no idea how he knew who we were, and, after finding Teena, who is truly amazing, we were whisked away to the fifth floor. The service is incredible and everyone is just so darn nice!!

Right now, I am sitting on the beach at the Poly, sipping a pina colada, waiting for the fireworks to begin....just hanging out with my husband and two kids, 17 and 20. Everything is perfect, just needed to share with people who "get it"!! I'll post more when I can...Aloha for now, ha ha.

Glad to hear that you are having a magical time. Sitting on the beach at Poly waiting for the fireworks with a pina colada sounds dreamy.

Standard- woods view

We scored one of the Epcot views with a standard room.

I think it's a great idea re. the views :goodvibes

Re. garden view CL at the YC, does that mean you won't overlook the front/entrance at all now?

That's wonderful. Glad to hear you are having a good time.

I recall Teena talking about the lobby being refurbished. Are there any photos of this? Perhaps on one of the first few pages of the thread?

Thanks

I recall Teena talking about the lobby being refurbished. Are there any photos of this? Perhaps on one of the first few pages of the thread?

Thanks

Not yet! The ones on the front page are from mid-July, pre-rehab.

I do have volunteer scouts out there AS WE SPEAK, snapping away, so hopefully sometime soon! I will switch out the photos once I get some.

Also, some of the folks that have been there the last week or so should be returning home soon, so hopefully we will hear from them, too, and see pictures of the lobby and the August 8 DIS meet.

I can't wait to hear about everyone's trip once they return this week! It's making my waiting more fun.

Only 42 more days till we're at the BC!

Thanks

We just got home last night and have the lobby photos uploaded to photobucket. Now I just need to figure out how to get them from photobucket to this thread:)

THANKS Siouxi31!!!

Yes, the link worked for me. Would it be ok if I used a couple of these on the front page?

Absolutely, you have my permission to use these.

For anyone interested in viewing the lobby photos, pay special attention to the devil in the carpet. There are a few close ups of it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter