• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 Fall Dining for DVISA Is Out (See FIRST page)'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I booked FD on BB last year and I booked WL standard room. I have to change my dates and the CM says that under FD, there are no standard rooms??? FD hasn't even come out yet for the GP or DV holders has it? How can there be no rooms? There ARE standard rooms for the dates I need to change to but BB was last year so I'm not sure how the rooms are booked. They were not booked a month ago when I first checked. Does this also mean that if FD is announced for the GP, there will be not standard WL rooms?

Because they are not the same "offer".. (what?)

Stay with me.

The BB offer was given a code let's call it BB1 .. (totally made that up) .. and the rooms for THAT offer code.. *could be* pretty much depleted.

The rumored F/D offer which isn't out yet.. will have a different code.. let's call it FD1 (totally made that up too)... those rooms will be assigned separately from the rooms assigned to BB1. TWO different offers.

And lastly.. the book by date for your BB offer has passed.. which means that ALL rooms show zero availability on 'closed' offers where the book by date has passed. You still might be able to change but you will require either of:

a) a CM on the phone who knows what they are doing..

and since those are in short supply..

b) you'll need to request to speak to Guest Services when you call to make the change. Guest services may still tell you that there is zero availability.. but they at least know the hows and wheres of the process better than many minimally trained front line CM's.

I have a question if they do do FD. If you are staying at a value do they oly offer you the QSFD but can you pay the extra amount and get the regular dining?

I am hoping for something for our trip in December.

Typically the answer to that in the past has been yes. As with each new offer call and ask for the final 'be sure' answer.

Didn't both the Disney Visa site and the GP site have the kids stay/play offer AND the up to $700 giftcard offers up for a while? I swear I saw both offers simultaneously on at least one of the sites, if not both, for quite a while. If that's true, it would make sense that they'd offer free dining in addition to the kids offer, and people can choose which works out better for them. Maybe they are trying to please both the families with small kids who just want quick, easy meals (QSDP) and the adult travelers who are more interested in longer dining experiences, and they'll offer regular DP. Just throwing it out there, but, really, who knows.

There is no limit to the number of offers they can have out at the same time. Disney used to have NO offers for most of the year. The downturn in the economic fortunes of most of the planet changed that. At one earlier this year they had 2 and 3 offers out at a time.

I *think* with the BB they only alot so many rooms and with you booking the BB last year..all the standard rooms that they allotted for BB are booked...again I only *think*.:surfweb:

I think you are correct. They did offer me AKL standard and I may have to take them up on that, just because we want to hold on to the deal AND stay in the same price range. I think that if we do this, then WHEN FD is announced for GP, we could try again to book WL for our time. We really want to stay at WL this time but I'm just happy we can go AND we have FD. I am hoping that everyone who needs or wants FD gets it. (I've been in THAT line before).

? I have my FD on a bounceback..and my family booked 2 rooms *hoping* they would get FD. We all requested Preferred rooms adjoining..do you think they will be able to honor that request since mine was a BB offer (certain rooms) and theres isnt?

Since there seems to be a lot of confusion about offers and room availability let me make a few things clear..

When Disney issues a promotional offer.. it is NOT for the full inventory of rooms they have on a given date range. Far from it.

Bounceback Promos might get 10% or less of total rooms

Rack Rate bookings (Disney's favorite) will get another chunk.. A big chunk.

PIN Codes may get another percentage.. let's call it 15% (I truly don't know)

And of course general public offers will get another percentage ... let's say 15%..

And all that is calculated at the resort level individually... so those numbers vary dramatically from resort to resort and even room category to room category and some room categorys/resorts will have ZERO rooms available on a given PIN, BB, or general public offer.

So.. on any given offer the number of rooms is affected by a large number of factors BESIDES the offer at hand.. Typically it all goes based on the projected occupancy of the date range you have picked.

So..

If you wanna go to Disney from September 23 to 30 and hope to get F/D and stay in a MK View room at the Poly with a King Bed and you MUST have those dates, that resort and a king bed with a view of the Mk -- the odds of you getting exactly what you want are pretty minimal.

The more flexible you can be in your resort choice or room category .. the better the odds of you getting something to fulfill your vacation dreams.

The more limitations you put on it.. like rigid dates, fixed room categories or resorts.. the less likelihood of being happy.

Think of it like buying a car.

If I want a green 2 door car with a sunroof, usable backseat, satellite radio and that gets more than 42 MPG... my choices are very limited.

If I want a green, red or blue car that gets 42 MPG and has a useable backseat.. my choices go up dramatically..

Hope this explains things a bit.

Knox

I think you are correct. They did offer me AKL standard and I may have to take them up on that, just because we want to hold on to the deal AND stay in the same price range. I think that if we do this, then WHEN FD is announced for GP, we could try again to book WL for our time. We really want to stay at WL this time but I'm just happy we can go AND we have FD. I am hoping that everyone who needs or wants FD gets it. (I've been in THAT line before).

See my post about checking with Guest Services when you call the reservation's center. I deeply suspect you may get a different answer from them.

? I have my FD on a bounceback..and my family booked 2 rooms *hoping* they would get FD. We all requested Preferred rooms adjoining..do you think they will be able to honor that request since mine was a BB offer (certain rooms) and theres isnt?

By adjoining do you mean connecting or just nearby..

If you mean connecting.. the max that can connect is 2 ..

If 'nearby' ... they can usually work something out at least keep you in the same hallway ...

To make either have a chance of happening, you need to link your reservations in the Disney system using the "Traveling with" option. You do that linking once they have secured their F/D reservations.

It doesn't matter when that linking happens as long as it's done before the 10 day before check-in point - that's when your reservations start dropping to the resort and preliminary room assignment starts happening.

It's my birthday today! All I want it a FD offer for DV cardholders tomorrow morning! Fingers are crossed!!!!

Happy Birthday and I sincerely hope that you do get the FD offer for DV cardholders tomorrow morning. And that I get the FD offer for GP Monday morning.

Does the change of date offer on the WDW site for free dining mean there will be no new public offer for late summer/fall?

By adjoining do you mean connecting or just nearby..

If you mean connecting.. the max that can connect is 2 ..

If 'nearby' ... they can usually work something out at least keep you in the same hallway ...

To make either have a chance of happening, you need to link your reservations in the Disney system using the "Traveling with" option. You do that linking once they have secured their F/D reservations.

It doesn't matter when that linking happens as long as it's done before the 10 day before check-in point - that's when your reservations start dropping to the resort and preliminary room assignment starts happening.

Thanks Knox..I meant nearby..we didnt get adjoinging rooms...Im already spending 9 days with these people...the last thing I want is 24 hour access to my room! :)

:banana: Dh agreed we can book a fall trip.... (If FD is offered).... PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!!!!
Does anyone know when the cut off if, of value / regular season ?? I think it falls somewhere around F&W, but not sure.

:mic: I have a question? Has anyone been to Disney recently (the last couple of months) and booked or had a BB in their room? If so, what was it? Just curious!!!!:rolleyes1

:mic: I have a question? Has anyone been to Disney recently (the last couple of months) and booked or had a BB in their room? If so, what was it? Just curious!!!!:rolleyes1

We were just there last week and the BB offer is still the percentage room offer. We booked 40% off deluxe for October.

If you are a GG(I am guessing you are for 3 rooms you probably have more than 8people) you will get connecting, adjoining or on the same floor. If not a GG they will try to accomodate you but it is not a guarantee. We went with 6people one year and requested connecting rooms and we got it. This year we are going with8 and they said since we are a GG we will have connecting(requested), adjoining or same floor. CM I talked with said we most likely will have the connecting since that is what I am requesting(so I can send the kids to grammy:lmao:). Worst case we will be on the same floor close to each other.

:banana: Dh agreed we can book a fall trip.... (If FD is offered).... PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!!!!
Does anyone know when the cut off if, of value / regular season ?? I think it falls somewhere around F&W, but not sure.

October 1st starts regular season

Does the change of date offer on the WDW site for free dining mean there will be no new public offer for late summer/fall?

The only people know the answer to that question work at Disney.. and they ain't saying cause they know they'll get fired if they do..

That said.. my spidey-sense says yes, FD will still be offered.. We'll know soon enough.

The only people know the answer to that question work at Disney.. and they ain't saying cause they know they'll get fired if they do..

That said.. my spidey-sense says yes, FD will still be offered.. We'll know soon enough.

By "soon enough" do you mean tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter