• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 Fall Dining for DVISA Is Out (See FIRST page)'

Status
Not open for further replies.
:worship: Come on free dining gods! :worship:

I don't have a pin,
no kids to play free.
I have the darn visa,
still no deal for me.

We are already booked,
we have ADRs made.
No matter what happens,
9/24 we invade.

I don't feel entitled,
I have the right 'tude.
But $4k for my hubby and I, makes me feel a bit screwed.

I am still not seeing the kids stay and play free offer extended to October :confused3 I have cleared my cookies and restarted the computer......still says through 8/14?

Also, this thread got so long....can anyone tell me if it people still think FD will be offered to cardholders on the 29th? Thanks!!

:worship: Come on free dining gods! :worship:

I don't have a pin,
no kids to play free.
I have the darn visa,
still no deal for me.

We are already booked,
we have ADRs made.
No matter what happens,
9/24 we invade.

I don't feel entitled,
I have the right 'tude.
But $4k for my hubby and I makes me feel a bit screwed.

If I had any pin/promotion power, which I do not, I'd send it to you just to honor your cleverness!:thumbsup2

Yeah the stay and play free package wouldn't help us at all since we have a decent AAA rate on the room only. Still watching and waiting...

I am still not seeing the kids stay and play free offer extended to October :confused3 I have cleared my cookies and restarted the computer......still says through 8/14?

Also, this thread got so long....can anyone tell me if it people still think FD will be offered to cardholders on the 29th? Thanks!!

I don't see it either....I went directly to my Disney Chase site yesterday as well and the offers still showed thru 8/14. Not sure why I even bothered since my travel dates are 10/7 thru 10/12.

Sorry if this has been asked... in a hurry...

The kids play and eat free that has been extended to DIS Visa holders... is that likely to be the offer given to the public soon? Anybody know when room rates change from value to regular from September to October?
Also, do they still allow you to book on the last date and get the deal for your days of stay after that?

Thanks for the help! :thumbsup2

I think our rate goes up Ocotber 1st. I do beleive you still can book on the last day. That is the way it has been in the past.

I was able yesterday to add a night to our Bounceback for FD for a little under 100.00. We are staying at pop to get the most bang for our $$. Ok I'm cheap. But seriosly my kids love it there .So our dates our 9/24 to 10/3 at pop with 10 MYW base tickest. This is 2 adults, one child and one infant for a total of 1675.00. We have tons of Water park tickets left so we don't need those.

I hope FD is coming around the corner for everyone. Did I say I love free dining.:banana::banana:

We are staying at POP too! September 23-October 2!!! I got the free dining on a bounceback last year however my sister and her family decided to go this year and are having me watch for the FD like a hawk.

Seems like quite afew of us are staying at POP during 9/23-10/3 dates.
We should post our pics so if we see each other on the properties we can say "Hi":)
Our dates are 9/24-10/3
If all goes according to plan, we'll be there September 27 - October 6...at POP! :lmao: Never stayed there before so I want to give it a try...I think DS will LOVE it. :goodvibes

If all goes according to plan, we'll be there September 27 - October 6...at POP! :lmao: Never stayed there before so I want to give it a try...I think DS will LOVE it. :goodvibes

POP is great! Best transportation of all the value resorts....also, make sure to check out the bridge @ night when it is lit up, it's eerily beautiful with the incomplete expansion across the water.

We have tons of Water park tickets left so we don't need those.
:faint: DOH! We didn't use all of our water park and more visits on our trip in 2006...and I kept those cards as souveniers. The passes weren't non-expiry...but does that matter with the water parks? :blush:

POP is great! Best transportation of all the value resorts....also, make sure to check out the bridge @ night when it is lit up, it's eerily beautiful with the incomplete expansion across the water.

That's really good to hear!! I'm looking forward to checking out the bridge...I'm into that sort of thing. There's an abandonded attraction thread in the theme park forum and I can't stop reading it. :surfweb:

FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT SEE THE UPDATED OFFER FOR CARDHOLDERS, here is the text for the extended Kids deal from DRewards.... (code at the bottom)

A Walt Disney World® Resort offer for some of our best friends.
Kids 3-9 stay, play and dine FREE at Walt Disney World® Resort when you purchase a 4-night/5-day Magic Your Way Package with Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan!

Disney Rewards® Visa® Credit and Debit Cardmembers, don’t miss out on this exclusive Walt Disney World® Resort deal. When you purchase a 4-night/5-day Magic Your Way Vacation package that includes room, Theme Park tickets and a Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan for stays most nights March 14, 2010 - October 2, 2010, a child 3 - 9 can stay, get 5-day Theme Park tickets and the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, FREE!

Make your family’s stay more magical with these Resort extras:

Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan - Lets you choose Quick-Service meals and snacks at over 50 select Walt Disney World® Resort restaurants.
Disney's Magical Express Service - Enjoy complimentary motor-coach transportation to and from Orlando International Airport.
Extra Magic Hours Benefit - Each day, one of the Parks is open for extra time to enjoy select attractions. (Valid Theme Park admission and Resort ID required.)
Guest Transportation - Complimentary transportation takes your family from your Disney Resort Hotel to all four Disney Theme Parks and more - throughout the day!

*The number of packages available at this rate is limited. Child must stay in room with adult. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. Maximum of four Guests per room.

CODE: OD3 BOOK 3/4/2010 - 6/30/2010

That's really good to hear!! I'm looking forward to checking out the bridge...I'm into that sort of thing. There's an abandonded attraction thread in the theme park forum and I can't stop reading it. :surfweb:

oooh....we share a common interest! I would NEVER recommend it, but I have heard that people {**COUGHmeCOUGH**} have gone beyond the blocked end of the bridge and explored the empty buildings.....again, I would NEVER RECOMMEND THIS!
:rolleyes1

oooh....we share a common interest! I would NEVER recommend it, but I have heard that people {**COUGHmeCOUGH**} have gone beyond the blocked end of the bridge and explored the empty buildings.....again, I would NEVER RECOMMEND THIS!

Not that you would have ever done this, but if you could imagine what it would be like, would you care to share witht the class????? :thumbsup2

Not that you would have ever done this, but if you could imagine what it would be like, would you care to share witht the class????? :thumbsup2

I would imagine it might look something like this.

Again..this is private property. If you trespass, you could get arrested, hurt or worse! DO NOT DO IT!

Did everybody see this? (Posted by wdwkook on another thread):

Here is a link to a news article I just posted to the News and Rumors forum which includes some speculation about WDW's future discounts:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2453312

Here is part of the article by Jason Garcia of the Orlando Sentinel:

Braun and other analysts attributed Disney World’s market-share gains to the resort’s targeted use of discounts, which helped lure tourists despite a steep drop in travel overall. All of Disney’s most significant promotions during the year — including seven nights for the price of four and free dining — required travelers to stay in the resort’s hotels.

The promotions effectively worked in tandem with other strategic moves Disney has made over the years — such as the launch of a complimentary airport shuttle and luggage service that eliminates the need to rent a car — to help Disney keep an even greater share of its guests on its property and away from its rivals.

Abe Pizam, dean of the University of Central Florida’s Rosen College of Hospitality Management, noted that Disney has historically avoided discounts for fear of undermining the premium prices it typically commands. But he said the resort clearly now sees promotions as a way to further its strategy of capturing the entirety of its guests’ vacation spending.

“They have done it very smartly,” Pizam said.

Still, the approach came at a cost for Disney: In large part because of those discounts, operating profit for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts shrank 25 percent during the company’s 2009 fiscal year, which ended in October.

Analysts also said that Disney could have trouble returning to full prices without triggering an attendance drop. The company has said it is trying to wean consumers off of promotions gradually; Disney World, for instance, is currently reducing hotel rates by as much as 30 percent, which, while significant, is a significantly smaller discount than last year’s seven-days-for-the-price-of-four offer.

Discounts “don’t necessarily make for a sustainable market-share shift,” Braun said.

This is a little off subject but wondering if anyone has any personal experience..providing that the free dining does come out and my sisters family gets in on it of course....they're daughter will be turning 1 in Disney. She is an eater!! So Im wondering if anyone has an experience with taking a child who doesnt fit the dining plan (I think you have to be 3 or older) do you just buy an additional dinner?

ooooo :rolleyes1 if only I could sneak out without my kids noticing...

Off to look for that thread mentioned. Any links?

I would imagine it might look something like this.

Again..this is private property. If you trespass, you could get arrested, hurt or worse! DO NOT DO IT!

Wow!!! The.Epcot.Man ---- your imagination is tremendous!@!! It was like I could actually view the images!!!! Outstanding!!! I loved it!!! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter