2010/2011 Armed Forces Salute Tickets

no. its basically a one time purchase deal of UP to the limit.

you can activate the tickets but you will not actually USE it right away. you can save it until your conference.

I don't understand, my husband (the member) will be with us next week. So, that's him and four others. I can't buy the fifth non-member ticket on my own (as the spouse)?
When you go next week, technically it does not matter if you or your husband purchases the five tickets; they go in the system as if he had purchased them.

When you go in a couple of months by yourself, if you attempt to purchase the sixth ticket then they will see that five have already been sold under his name and you, as the spouse cannot activate the sixth ticket.

If, however, when you go next week he buys and activates the six tickets, you can save one for use in your next trip.

Does the service member have to USE one of the Army Forces Salute tickets? We're DVC members and have annual passes. DH is retired Army. We're coming down next month with DD, DSIL and 2DGS and thought about getting these tickets for them to use but I was told DH has to use one of the tickets, which is pointless since he has an AP.

As it stands now we're going to head over to SOG when we arrive (several hours before the rest of them) and purchase the regular park tickets (better price than through our MWR).

Does the service member have to USE one of the Army Forces Salute tickets?

According to the info on the Shades of Green site:

In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be for use by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.

When we activated ours, the CM had us sign the cards right there at the window. So I think that, yes, if you purchase six tickets the CM activating them will make one of them for the use of the service member/spouse.

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Thanks for the answer (sorry I didn't respond sooner). We'll definitely activate all six so I can use the last one at my conference.

Does the service member have to USE one of the Army Forces Salute tickets? We're DVC members and have annual passes. DH is retired Army. We're coming down next month with DD, DSIL and 2DGS and thought about getting these tickets for them to use but I was told DH has to use one of the tickets, which is pointless since he has an AP.

As it stands now we're going to head over to SOG when we arrive (several hours before the rest of them) and purchase the regular park tickets (better price than through our MWR).

My understanding is only if you buy six. Sounds like you only need four, so he does not have to use one.

My understanding is only if you buy six. Sounds like you only need four, so he does not have to use one.

I am AD and have Seasonal Passes. I've used 2 of my allotted 6 so far, for my sisters. I didn't need to purchase one for myself (yet) and I still have 4 more to buy/activate.

My husband is a Reservist (but just came off AD). While he was on AD, I was at WDW with my sons and sister. I had bought one Salute ticket at the ITT office for my sister and activated it for her with no problem. I was also getting APs for my sons and me, and the CM did not say anything about me having to use a Salute ticket. Very smooth transaction!

This link was posted on the budget board: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/blog/disney-military-discounts/disney-armed-forces-salute-extended-through-september-2012/. (Hope its ok to post this link, sorry if its not) :thumbsup2 So Cheshire, would you mind keeping us updated? :worship: I'm really curious if we'll be able to use the promotion again, if we've already used the 2010/2011 one. Usually, they extend it after its expired, so you can, but now its extended before its even close to being over... :confused3

Thank you!!!!

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

This link was posted on the budget board: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/blog/disney-military-discounts/disney-armed-forces-salute-extended-through-september-2012/. (Hope its ok to post this link, sorry if its not) :thumbsup2 So Cheshire, would you mind keeping us updated? :worship: I'm really curious if we'll be able to use the promotion again, if we've already used the 2010/2011 one. Usually, they extend it after its expired, so you can, but now its extended before its even close to being over... :confused3

Thank you!!!!

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Thanks for posting this! I read the updates at the bottom that we can take advantage even if we used in 2011:

UPDATE:

Just talked with Disney Military Sales

The extension of the military discounts for Disney are official!

They have not determined blockout dates yet for the October 2011 – September 2012 offer yet.

Ticket options and pricing will remain the same.

And the best news: If you used the ticket offer in FY11 you are eligible for tickets again in FY12.

Thanks for posting this! I read the updates at the bottom that we can take advantage even if we used in 2011:

UPDATE:

Just talked with Disney Military Sales

The extension of the military discounts for Disney are official!

They have not determined blockout dates yet for the October 2011 – September 2012 offer yet.

Ticket options and pricing will remain the same.

And the best news: If you used the ticket offer in FY11 you are eligible for tickets again in FY12.

Thank you. Just saw the update myself... Now for pricing, blackout dates and how many days!

Hope to hear prices soon, I am trying to decide what ticket option will be most cost effective for our Dec trip.

Suzanne

Right now I have not seen anything on Disney's web site. And checking the link, that source is not any official site, Disney or Military.

Will be using this next month AND January 2012. Woot! Maybe even DL in Sept. 2012.

So excited. We have decide to switch to November because of this. Can't wait because we'll be celebrating my sons 16th b-day.

We have planned to visit WDW with the in laws Oct '12. FIL is an airforce retiree. I wonder if we shuold move our date up to take adventage of this. Does anyone know if they end the program Sept 30, does it mean the days on the tickets have to finish on September 30, or if you activite them on Sept 30, can yo still use them until all the days are used/ or 14 days after??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter