2009 DDP, DxDP and QS plans - Everything you always wanted to know

OK so typically I'd say the regular DDP is a better deal....

BUT

I could save $270 by doing the quick service for 5 nights family of 5...1 child counts as an ADULT.

$539.75 for QSDP

$709.75 + $100 tips TS meals = $809.75 TSDP

What do you think?? Still worth it to do the TSDP?

Or would we save even more by just not doing the DDP and throwing in maybe 1-2 less expensive TS meals [Ohana Dinner for example]?

Thanks.

Ok I think I have it clear, but just want to double check if my thinking is right....:confused3

We are on the QSDDP and we are pop for 3 TS meals. I just did a rough guess of what kind of meals we'd be eating each day. Now on a couple days I'd like to use our credits for 3 meals (on a single day) [B,L, & D].

As long as I have the credits this is fine yes? or are you limited to only 2 QS meals a night/day?

Thanks!

I thought I remebered that when we used the reg DDp in June it just counted down each time we used our credits based on A and C. If that is so then I think this works yes.:scratchin

Is there a finalized list of restaurants that are on the dining plan? I saw one that had a parital, but can not se to find that one, but I know that they were going to have everything sorted out by mid January. Thanks if someone can point me in the right direction.

Is there a finalized list of restaurants that are on the dining plan? I saw one that had a parital, but can not se to find that one, but I know that they were going to have everything sorted out by mid January. Thanks if someone can point me in the right direction.

Since this is more of a 2009 DDP FAQ Question we moved this post up to the FAQ Sticky.

You'll find links to the different dining plans in the first post of this thread.

I notice some of the counter service places don't have children's menu. When they don't does a child CS credit count towards any meal there? Or can you not use a child's CS credit there? When we went back in 2006 the CS credits were not broken out into adult vs/ child, so just trying to figure it all out. :)

I know that some of the WDW restaurants may require use of 2 TS credits, as opposed to just one, and also that some, eg. Polynesian Resort's Luau Cove dinner show (2 TS) will only give you a category 2 or 3 (not category 1).

But are there any WDW table service/buffet restaurants excluded from the Dining Plan? If so, which ones?

Same question for the counter service meals (not snack options, just CS)?

:cheer2: :coffee:

I know that some of the WDW restaurants may require use of 2 TS credits, as opposed to just one, and also that some, eg. Polynesian Resort's Luau Cove dinner show (2 TS) will only give you a category 2 or 3 (not category 1).

But are there any WDW table service/buffet restaurants excluded from the Dining Plan? If so, which ones?

Same question for the counter service meals (not snack options, just CS)?

:cheer2: :coffee:

If you check out the plan brochures (the links are in the first few posts) and the brochure will specify which restaurants are on the plan and how many credits you need to dine there.

Very few restaurants are excluded. Some that I can think of off the top of my head are Fulton's, Bistro de Paris, Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex, Victoria & Albert's, and anything at the Swan and Dolphin. The best way to find out an exact list is to check the DDP Brochure for the specific plan that you are interested in.

What I was trying to figure out, was, are there other restaurants within the 4 parks not listed there that I might not want to miss, if I'm not on the DDP?
That's why I worded it that way.

I'm thinking it would be few if any. But, if I decide to pop for the DDP, I'd rather know what ones were excluded so I didn't go in, wait, sit down, and then find out they'd expect OOP payment.

I've learned what restaurants WDW has from using Dining plan.. but I'm not sure if there are actually any others.

I was kind of thinking the list of non DDP restaurants might be shorter that the list of DDP restaurants....

I thought Bistro de Paris was a 2 TS in 2008?

We are going to be on the QSDP with 2 adults and 2 children. We always eat at least once at Casey's and looking at the FAQ Casey's doesn't have a child's menu.

So the question is how do we get them to take 2 adult and 2 child credits? Do we need to explicitly tell them or will they do it automatically based on the number of people in the room? I'd hate to have them charge us 4 adults credits.

Thanks!

What I was trying to figure out, was, are there other restaurants within the 4 parks not listed there that I might not want to miss, if I'm not on the DDP?
That's why I worded it that way.

I'm thinking it would be few if any. But, if I decide to pop for the DDP, I'd rather know what ones were excluded so I didn't go in, wait, sit down, and then find out they'd expect OOP payment.

I've learned what restaurants WDW has from using Dining plan.. but I'm not sure if there are actually any others.

I was kind of thinking the list of non DDP restaurants might be shorter that the list of DDP restaurants....

I thought Bistro de Paris was a 2 TS in 2008?

Bistro has not been on the list ever as far as I know, at the very least it's not been on the list for years. (Since 2005 and the birth of this dining plan at least)

I can't think of any other restaurants that aren't on the plan other than the ones that I listed above. Bistro is definitely the only park restaurant that isn't included in the dining plan.

Just re-bumping my question. Hope ti find an anser so I can plan accordingly. THANKS!!!

Ok I think I have it clear, but just want to double check if my thinking is right....:confused3

We are on the QSDDP and we are pop for 3 TS meals. I just did a rough guess of what kind of meals we'd be eating each day. Now on a couple days I'd like to use our credits for 3 meals (on a single day) [B,L, & D].

As long as I have the credits this is fine yes? or are you limited to only 2 QS meals a night/day?

Thanks!

I thought I remebered that when we used the reg DDp in June it just counted down each time we used our credits based on A and C. If that is so then I think this works yes.:scratchin

You can use as many credits on a single day as you like; once you check-in, they can be used at any time. But once you run out, you run out.

Bistro has not been on the list ever as far as I know, at the very least it's not been on the list for years. (Since 2005 and the birth of this dining plan at least)

I can't think of any other restaurants that aren't on the plan other than the ones that I listed above. Bistro is definitely the only park restaurant that isn't included in the dining plan.
Thanks Tricia!

Hello,
is the new T-Rex restaurant available with the Dining Plan?

Is the list of 2009 restaurants accurate on the dis? I dont want to miss out on any opportunities if its not listed! I couldnt find another list on any other sites.

Hello,
is the new T-Rex restaurant available with the Dining Plan?

Is the list of 2009 restaurants accurate on the dis? I dont want to miss out on any opportunities if its not listed! I couldnt find another list on any other sites.

I moved this to the 2009 DDP FAQ thread. The links from the first posts are to the Disney website with the most current & accurate information about participating plans.

T-Rex is not available on the DDP or the DxDDP, but is part of the premium and platinum plans.

We are staying at Boardwalk using our DVC May 3-10. We have to change rooms after our first 2 nights, as they did not have a standard room for our entire stay. My question: can we then purchase the deluxe plan for our first 2 nights and purchase the regular dining plan for the other 5 nights? I have 2 seperate reservation numbers. This would be great...since the credits don't expire until midnight...we can make ADR's for 3 signature restaurants for our first 3 days. Hmmmm..I'm thinking...CRT, California Grille, and the Yachtsman Steakhouse....

We are staying at Boardwalk using our DVC May 3-10. We have to change rooms after our first 2 nights, as they did not have a standard room for our entire stay. My question: can we then purchase the deluxe plan for our first 2 nights and purchase the regular dining plan for the other 5 nights? I have 2 seperate reservation numbers. This would be great...since the credits don't expire until midnight...we can make ADR's for 3 signature restaurants for our first 3 days. Hmmmm..I'm thinking...CRT, California Grille, and the Yachtsman Steakhouse....

Yes, we've used this strategy ourselves:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter