2009 DDP, DxDP and QS plans - Everything you always wanted to know

If your receipt shows 2 Adults and 2 Children on on the plan, you'll only be able to order two children's meals at one time.

This post has a lot of information about ordering for kids on the DDP.

Another option is to eat the kids meal for yourself, and give your child the adult meal. You can also supplement their meal from your meal.

There are also some places that don't have chicken nuggets or PBJ on the kids menu. I went through the kids menus a few months ago, prepping for our upcoming trip where we're using the QSDP. Below is a list organized by kids menu item, then sorted by park, that I used for a quick reference guide.

Entrée Restaurant Park

Cheese Pizza Pizzafari Animal Kingdom

Cheeseburger Yak & Yeti Animal Kingdom

Cheeseburger Restaurantosaurus Animal Kingdom

Cheeseburger Tamu Tamu Refreshments Animal Kingdom

Chicken Bites Yak & Yeti Animal Kingdom

Chicken Drumstick Flame Tree BBQ Animal Kingdom

Chicken Nuggets Restaurantosaurus Animal Kingdom

Hot Dog Flame Tree BBQ Animal Kingdom

Hot Dog Dino Diner Animal Kingdom

Macaroni and Cheese Pizzafari Animal Kingdom

Pork Egg Roll Yak & Yeti Animal Kingdom

Tuna Salad Pita Tamu Tamu Refreshments Animal Kingdom

Turkey and Swiss on Focaccia Tamu Tamu Refreshments Animal Kingdom

Cheese Pizza Catalina Eddies Disney Hollywood Studios

Cheese Pizza Toy Story Pizza Planet Disney Hollywood Studios

Cheeseburger ABC Commissary Disney Hollywood Studios

Cheeseburger Rosie's All-American Café Disney Hollywood Studios

Chicken Drumstick Studio Catering Company Disney Hollywood Studios

Chicken Nuggets ABC Commissary Disney Hollywood Studios

Chicken Nuggets Backlot Express Disney Hollywood Studios

Chicken Nuggets Rosie's All-American Café Disney Hollywood Studios

Ham and Cheese Wraps ABC Commissary Disney Hollywood Studios

Macaroni and Cheese Studio Catering Company Disney Hollywood Studios

Peanut Butter & Jelly Starring Rolls Disney Hollywood Studios

Peanut Butter & Jelly Studio Catering Company Disney Hollywood Studios

Sloppy Joe Backlot Express Disney Hollywood Studios

Turkey Leg Toluca Legs Turkey Co Disney Hollywood Studios

Baby Sausages and Chips Cookes of Dublin Downtown Disney

Cheese Pizza Wolfgang Puck Express Downtown Disney

Cheese Quesadilla Wolfgang Puck Express Downtown Disney

Chicken Fingers Wolfgang Puck Express Downtown Disney

Chicken Tenders and Chips Cookes of Dublin Downtown Disney

Fish and Chips Cookes of Dublin Downtown Disney

Grilled Cheese Sandwich Earl of Sandwich Downtown Disney

Linguini with Tomato Sauce Wolfgang Puck Express Downtown Disney

Peanut Butter & Jelly Earl of Sandwich Downtown Disney

Pepperoni Pizza Wolfgang Puck Express Downtown Disney

Pizza Sandwich Earl of Sandwich Downtown Disney

Roasted Turkey & Swiss Earl of Sandwich Downtown Disney

Shrimp and Chips Cookes of Dublin Downtown Disney

Bratwurst Sommerfest Epcot

Cheeseburger Electric Umbrella Epcot

Chicken Drumstick Sunshine Seasons Epcot

Chicken Drumstick (Bejing BBQ) Lotus Blossom Café Epcot

Chicken Nuggets Cantina de San Angel Epcot

Chicken Nuggets Liberty Inn Epcot

Chicken Tenders Tangierine Café Epcot

Fish and Chips Yorkshire County Fish Shop Epcot

Frankfurter Sommerfest Epcot

Garden Salad with Chicken Liberty Inn Epcot

Grilled Cheese Quesadilla Cantina de San Angel Epcot

Hamburger Tangierine Café Epcot

Macaroni and Cheese Sunshine Seasons Epcot

Menu Varies Boulangerie Patisserie Epcot

Mini Sub Sunshine Seasons Epcot

Peanut Butter & Jelly Kringla Bakeri Og Epcot

Peanut Butter & Jelly Liberty Inn Epcot

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sunshine Seasons Epcot

Sweet and Sour Chicken Sunshine Seasons Epcot

Terriyaki Chicken Yakitori House Epcot

Turkey Pinwheels Electric Umbrella Epcot

Beef & Macaroni Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station Magic Kingdom

Cheese Pizza Pinocchio Village Haus Magic Kingdom

Chicken Nuggets Columbia Harbour House Magic Kingdom

Chicken Nuggets Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café Magic Kingdom

Chicken Nuggets Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station Magic Kingdom

Corn Dog Nuggets Casey's Corner Magic Kingdom

Garden Salad w/ Chicken Columbia Harbour House Magic Kingdom

Garden Salad w/ Chicken Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café Magic Kingdom

Garden Salad w/ Chicken Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn Magic Kingdom

Hamburger Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn Magic Kingdom

Hot Dog Casey's Corner Magic Kingdom

Macaroni and Cheese Columbia Harbour House Magic Kingdom

Macaroni and Cheese Pinocchio Village Haus Magic Kingdom

Macaroni and Cheese Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station Magic Kingdom

Peanut Butter & Jelly Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café Magic Kingdom

Peanut Butter & Jelly Main St Bakery Magic Kingdom

Peanut Butter & Jelly Pinocchio Village Haus Magic Kingdom

Peanut Butter & Jelly Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station Magic Kingdom

Quesadillas El Pirata y el Perico Magic Kingdom

Turkey Leg The Launching Pad Magic Kingdom

I looked for a similar situation to mine in the numerous pages of this thread and do not see one. Here is my deal....I am a DVC member with a points ressie in May, 2010 for 4 nights. There will be 6 adults in our party with 2 having a 10-day non-expire park hopper ticket and the other 4 having a 3 day regular park hopper ticket. My DW and I will have the non-expire tickets. We will not purchase an AP as we will not go to WDW enough in one calendar year to justify it vs a non-expire ticket. I am trying to decide whether to purchase the DDP for all 6 of us for the May, 2010 trip. If I understand this correctly, because we are staying on DVC points, we do not have to purchase the DDP for all 4 nights of our stay; we can purchase DDP for the 3 days we will be at the parks. In addition, we can link an ADR reservation at Disney Studios Mama Melrose's or Hollywood & Vine with the Fantasmic dinner plan and use one TS credit on the DDP for this meal. Are my assumptions correct? How much will I pay for the Fantasmic dinner plan since the meal is covered under the DDP? TIA for your help.

I looked for a similar situation to mine in the numerous pages of this thread and do not see one. Here is my deal....I am a DVC member with a points ressie in May, 2010 for 4 nights. There will be 6 adults in our party with 2 having a 10-day non-expire park hopper ticket and the other 4 having a 3 day regular park hopper ticket. My DW and I will have the non-expire tickets. We will not purchase an AP as we will not go to WDW enough in one calendar year to justify it vs a non-expire ticket. I am trying to decide whether to purchase the DDP for all 6 of us for the May, 2010 trip. If I understand this correctly, because we are staying on DVC points, we do not have to purchase the DDP for all 4 nights of our stay; we can purchase DDP for the 3 days we will be at the parks. In addition, we can link an ADR reservation at Disney Studios Mama Melrose's or Hollywood & Vine with the Fantasmic dinner plan and use one TS credit on the DDP for this meal. Are my assumptions correct? How much will I pay for the Fantasmic dinner plan since the meal is covered under the DDP? TIA for your help.
Your understanding is incorrect, DDP must be purchased for all nights of the stay for all members of the party no matter how long they are or are not staying. The passes have no affect on the DDP options other than as they pertain to you reservation planning.

We are on our last day of our 8 day Disney vacation and tried the Dining Plan this time. We had a counter service, snack and table sevice each day. The only day where out actual food costs(if we paid in cash) were higher than the cost for the dining plan were at the Chef Mickey buffet, We are 3AD 1 CH, the problems I see are that my kds like real food, almost every place you go the kid menu is chicken nuggets or pizza, gets old after dy 2 plus if you kids like real adult food like mine do then they won't want the kids menu, even for dinner wher you get, wait for it...chicken nuggets. We will end up with unused kids meals because my youngest daughter, 8, likes real food with taste. I can say there is a counter service in AK in Harambe that has no kids menu, they order from the adult menu, that was best lunch all week.

If you know the restaurant you are going to, check Disboards menus and see what youe meal will cost you vs dining plan.

The other thing with the dining plan is that you get dessert with every meal...I usually don't get desert with lunch, the first time it was nice, the 2nd time, ok, then it got old, we gave it away because its the same dessert everyone for the most part. Looking back now, if I add the cost of each mela with dessert and dinner I am coming up just short of what I paid for dining plan. Now assuming I won;t get dessert at eery lunch, that shaves $14 per lunch off my costs for 8 days which then brings me well below what I paid for meal plan....I will stop analyzing because its hurting my Disney high right now. I have talked to others while here this week and many feel the same way.

my .02

Brian

briand, w/o the 8yoCH issue, was the AD DDP worth it? :confused3 We used it in October, with my 2 'kids', AD priced, and had a great experience! LOVE having prepaid meals! Loved Le Cellier, that we NEVER would have paid for OOP. We tried to MAX our credits at the most expensive restaurants, and tried several we never tried before - BUT, I DID feel we were tied into eating the whole trip! THAT was our only drawback. :confused3 Toss up, I guess.

Even though you can Max out your value on restaurants, we found nights where we would have been content getting a pizza by the pool, or we were in AK having fun and had to stop what we were doing to get to Epcot to go to dinner in Italy. If you eat at an expensive restaurant each night then you may find value in it, look at where you will eat and what items off the menu you will eat, if you eat dessert at every meal - lunch and dinner - then you will make out.
Looking back I see that if you break it down for 4 AD - approx $165 per day -, most counter service lunches will cost you no more than $40 - thats a cheeseburger, double cheeseburger, chicken caesar salad, etc... and a drink, no dessert - we do not eat dessert with lunch usually and found ourselves throwing away the included dessert after a couple bites or giving it away to another family. Say we all get 4 Mickey Bars - $14 - Now I have $111 to spend on dinner - and tip is not included - we ate in Italy and if we all had the most expensive item off the menu we were at $120(sirloin at $30 each).
With this scenario I am JUST ahead. Not ont he night we ate at ESPN club the bill came to $85, we all had what we wanted to eat and were happy, but that night I was behind.

I look at it like this, and we love everything Disney so this is not a knock on Disney, but they are a business, in business to make money...does any business do anythign that will not bring THEM a profit?
I think many people(from reading posts) leave unused credits on their plan.

I think the dining plan is a convenience for those who prepay it months in advance knowing when they finally get to Disney they will have minimal out of pocket expenses. We won't do it again, but thats us, everyone is different.

Even though you can Max out your value on restaurants, we found nights where we would have been content getting a pizza by the pool, or we were in AK having fun and had to stop what we were doing to get to Epcot to go to dinner in Italy. If you eat at an expensive restaurant each night then you may find value in it, look at where you will eat and what items off the menu you will eat, if you eat dessert at every meal - lunch and dinner - then you will make out.
Looking back I see that if you break it down for 4 AD - approx $165 per day -, most counter service lunches will cost you no more than $40 - thats a cheeseburger, double cheeseburger, chicken caesar salad, etc... and a drink, no dessert - we do not eat dessert with lunch usually and found ourselves throwing away the included dessert after a couple bites or giving it away to another family. Say we all get 4 Mickey Bars - $14 - Now I have $111 to spend on dinner - and tip is not included - we ate in Italy and if we all had the most expensive item off the menu we were at $120(sirloin at $30 each).
With this scenario I am JUST ahead. Not ont he night we ate at ESPN club the bill came to $85, we all had what we wanted to eat and were happy, but that night I was behind.

I look at it like this, and we love everything Disney so this is not a knock on Disney, but they are a business, in business to make money...does any business do anythign that will not bring THEM a profit?
I think many people(from reading posts) leave unused credits on their plan.

I think the dining plan is a convenience for those who prepay it months in advance knowing when they finally get to Disney they will have minimal out of pocket expenses. We won't do it again, but thats us, everyone is different.
My personality is to try to get the best value out of such a program if/when we use it. So we tend to do it for shorter stays and/or when we are doing more expensive options. We've been to Disney enough that we don't really care if we have to work the trip around meals it's not big deal and we often do DDP or not given that we love food options. IMO though the value is made up more on the CS side and snacks more than the TS side.

I find the DP makes us overeat.. And last time we left 6 snacks untouched and 3 Counter service! I hate planning my days and meals ahead..prefer to eat where 'I happen to be' but with the Dining plan and ADR's, that's become tricky.:confused3

I am a TA and keep telling Disney I hate it..but as mentioned above, I guess it makes them some serious money and they tell me keeps people on property more...:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter