1 CS
1 TS
per day, no appetizer with TS

Deluxe Plan
$69.99 per adult per day
2 Snacks
3 Meals
per day, includes appetizers with breakfast or lunch

Over on the DVC board we did an analysis. This plan had to be "losing money" Now while Disney might have been willing to "loss lead" with dining to fill it's rooms, the increase in tourism has made that probably not as necessary, plus they HAD to be subsidizing the managed resturants who don't care if Disney's "lodging division" is having record profits....

Could you post a link to the thread on the DVC board. I think that would be interesting reading.

The deluxe plan appears to be three meals per day and you can choose table or counter service, with the understanding that signature dining and dinner shows will still count as 2 meals. So there is a bit more to it than the fact that the appetizer is included.

Does lunch at a "signature" dining place count as two meals, or only dinner?

Does lunch at a "signature" dining place count as two meals, or only dinner?

Apparently any signature meal is 2 credits. I can't think of any signature dining locations that offer lunch anyway.

Edited - Brown Derby has lunch.

Apparently any signature meal is 2 credits. I can't think of any signature dining locations that offer lunch anyway.

Edited - Brown Derby has lunch.

So does Le Cellier. I just hadn't seen anywhere it said if all meals at signature establishments counted as 2 credits. I thought maybe the lunch menus were different.

So does Le Cellier. I just hadn't seen anywhere it said if all meals at signature establishments counted as 2 credits. I thought maybe the lunch menus were different.

Le Cellier is not signature dining...unless they've changed that for '08...

Personally, without tips included I don't have much interest.

I like the deluxe plan better, but not sure I'd pay 70 bucks a day to eat.

Decisions Decisions. The Deluxe plan intrigues me but I can't justify spending $70 for my 10y DD to eat per day. It is just too much. I love the idea of all the meals being included though and being able to do some 2TS meals without having to then pay OOP because I'm out of credits.

I just sat down and wrote out where we want to eat on our March trip:

Boma (D)
Le Cellier (D)
Crystal Palace (B)
Ohana (D)
Sci Fi (D)
Cali Grill (D, 2TS)
Coral Reef (D)

We are travelling with my parents but they are paying their own way. I am responsible for myself, DD10, DD8 and DS5.

As it stands we have 8TS credits above and will only have 6TS with the regular package.

I figured out if I paid OOP for Crystal Palace and Sci Fi, and I calculated what I would spend on appies at each dinner (I do enjoy an appy) plus I would buy 2 refillable mugs so I added that in too and came up with just over $200.

*I didn't calcuate tip at all because I will have to pay that seperate regardless if I choose Regular DDP or Deluxe DDP

When I calculated our package price on Disney.com for with the Regular DDP vs the Deluxe DDP the one with the Deluxe came out roughly $500 more.

So even if my $200 OOP estimate is low it is still quite a bit lower than what the Deluxe plan would cost me.

I just think for us this time the regular DDP is the way to go. There is no way the extras we'll have to pay OOP on add up to the $500 difference to the Deluxe plan.

I still think the Deluxe is a neat package but just not for us this trip.

Allyson :)

DH and I talked about the changes this evening and how they may impact us. We both agree that if Disney wanted to cut back and eliminate something, they should have given people the option of chosing either the appetizer or dessert. But then we looked at each plan as it stands now and decided that the basic is no longer a value for us and the deluxe has way too much food. So at this point I'm not sure what we'll do. Let's see what happens after all the contracts are signed and exactly what restaurants, if any, do not participate.

On the deluxe plan...I understand you get 3 credits. But how can they be used?

for example:
Breakfast: Crystal Palace Character Breakfast
Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner: Le Cellier

Would this count as your 3 credits?
:confused:

I'll be there 12.28 - 01/05.

Has anyone been there during a crossover when the DDP was different each year? How did (or might) they handle this?:confused3

I'll be there 12.28 - 01/05.

Has anyone been there during a crossover when the DDP was different each year? How did (or might) they handle this?:confused3

I just got off the phone with customer service, as my reservation is 12/31-1/5. She said that our 2007 Dining plan would be honored for the duration of our stay. There's a code on the information on the key card that the servers will be able to easily recognize how to charge us. So we still get our appetizers and don't have to pay the 18%. WOOHOO!! Good news eh?

On the deluxe plan...I understand you get 3 credits. But how can they be used?

for example:
Breakfast: Crystal Palace Character Breakfast
Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner: Le Cellier

Would this count as your 3 credits?
:confused:

As I understand it yes. You have 3 credits per day that can be used CS or TS.

Allyson :)

:thumbsup2 :cool1: :banana:
I just got off the phone with customer service, as my reservation is 12/31-1/5. She said that our 2007 Dining plan would be honored for the duration of our stay. There's a code on the information on the key card that the servers will be able to easily recognize how to charge us. So we still get our appetizers and don't have to pay the 18%. WOOHOO!! Good news eh?

Really??? That's GREAT!

We are going in Feb and thinking of doing deluxe- My dh, 3 kids and i will be there a week. My parents are coming for a day and not doing dining plan. My dh is going to play golf and i want my mom to help me take the kids to CRT. Can i just use dh's points for the day since he wont be there anyway?

thanks

If you read the PDF of the new 2008 plan- it says specifically that no you cannot use dining credits for people not on your reservation and on the plan.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's what the brochure says!

Laren

I'm out too. I still have all of my receipts from the past 3 trips. We always came out just a bit ahead after subtracting out items we normally would not order. I already have the DDE & will make more use of it on our next trip.

I have read that the snacks are changing in 2008. The brochure on Disney's website looks exactly like 2007 for the snacks. They only list a select few even though once inside the parks, lots of items are included.:thumbsup2 Have people seen an actual list of snacks included or are they just anticipating changes? :confused3 I thought you would have to wait until you get there in 2008 to see what was and what wasn't included. (Or just watch the Dis);)

I don't think the speculation about the snacks has any root other than conversation here. If there is, I haven't seen it anyway. I think we'll just have to wait and see what is eligible after the new year, because the current snack list isn't anything official to documented and the new one probably won't be either.

Could you post a link to the thread on the DVC board. I think that would be interesting reading.

Interesting was an understatement (you will notice the thread is closed) One person went so far as to call Virgin Vacations in London to "prove" the rumors about the changes were false LOL!

Anywere, there are some "hypothetical" numbers in here.....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1521615

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter