"2007" soveniers only at WDW?

Blessed_wth_Triplets

DIS Veteran
My family is going to WDW for the first time (I was there 10 years ago and many times as a child) in Sept. and I was wondering if there are many cool things that you can only get at WDW..not at the Disney store back at home. I planned a lot of $$$ in my budget for souveniers (yes..I know I'm spelling this wrong!) :) ...and really want to get a lot of stuff..shirts...stuffed animals for the kids...that say "2007"..ya know? So how is the shopping? thanks!

There are tons of items that are only available at the Disney parks and resorts. Some of those items say 2007 on them, most of them don't. They are still exclusive to WDW though.

There is tons and tons of stuff you can get there that you cannot get in the Disney Store. My DD got a t-shirt that says First Trip to WDW as well as lots of cool hair accessories, DH got a 2007 hat with Mickey, I bought photo albums and scrapbooking stuff and our autograph books.

I like that the clothing garments say Walt Disney World. You can only get stuff that says that there.

The "Disney Store" you find in malls around the country is not actually owned by Disney anymore. They sold it, which is why even though you see a ton of character merchandise, you won't see park merchandise other than park tickets in Disney Stores, and why you can't get an AP discount at these stores either. There might be a few things like those washcloths and some dishes but not much, and they won't say they are park mdse, they just look the same as what is sold in the parks.

There are several "WORLD of DISNEY" stores, one at Downtown Disney and one on 5th Avenue in NYC that are actually still owned by Disney. These stores sell park merchandise and you get a 10% AP discount. The NY store also has mdse specific to that store, like Minnie dressed as the Statue of Liberty, Donald as a FDNY fireman, and Mickey and an NYPD officer, as well as pins only sold in the NY store.

If you look at the tag on plush toys bought from a Disney Store they say "Disney Store". Plush bought at the parks say "Disneyland Disney World". The Mickeys and Minnie I got in NY say "NYC World of Disney" on the tags.

How is the shopping at WDW? FANTABULOUS! :)

northie

Last summer I bought a grey v-neck shirt with 2006, in each of the number there are Disney characters. I am hoping that they have a similar one for 2007.

My son bought the Donald in the fire gear and Mickey in the police uniform at the Disney fire dept, in Magic Kingdom on our last trip to DisneyWorld-two years ago-in case someone is interested in them. So cute....

My son bought the Donald in the fire gear and Mickey in the police uniform at the Disney fire dept, in Magic Kingdom on our last trip to DisneyWorld-two years ago-in case someone is interested in them. So cute....

Where is this? I have never heard of it. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter