2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to thrilling spring hill Fl for thanksgiving. I want my bonus rewardzone points so I'm going to try and get to bestbuy.

-Cheryl

We are setting up for Christmas this week.... The kids are off from school, so no pesky dropping off and picking up to do (woo hoo) and we can really sink our teeth into it. DD6 still has a fever... but perks up when it comes to decorating.

We decorated the stairs today, and later tonight I will put together the tree and start the fluffing process. I love to fluff!!! I also want to pull out all the Christmas boxes and see what we have.... Since we will have 2 trees this year, I kinda want make one a Disney Tree and the other the 'other tree' lol I dont want to buy a lot of orniments but since we are going from one tree to two, I think I will have too.

Thursday we are heading over to my SIL for dinner... eating a 3. DH will be in Football world pretty much all weekend.

I told the girls this weekend we will decorate outside. I personally dont think it is too early to start decorating, but I think everyone around here thinks it si a bit to early... I just dont know what we are doing for the outside decorations yet. I have some, but need to buy others. I am hoping for some inspiration from decorating the inside! LOL

Plus I want to take the final photos for my house thread. January it will be a yaer that we have been back, so if I get the pictures up before then, thats fine... right? :rotfl2:

Hi all - we just got back from Harry Potter. Good movie.

As for plans for this week. Two more days of work. Then Thursday we're heading over to family in Woodridge for Thanksgiving. Friday I'm off but Mark has to work so I'll be cleaning house getting ready to decorate. Then we'll decorate this weekend.

BTW - did anyone watch Oprah today? It was her favorites things show. My boss's DH was there. They actually filmed it last week. So she has all those wonderful things. Couldn't happen to two nicer people.

WDWLVR said:
BTW - did anyone watch Oprah today? It was her favorites things show. My boss's DH was there. They actually filmed it last week. So she has all those wonderful things. Couldn't happen to two nicer people.

WOW! I heard the audience was full of Katrina rescue workers. Very deserving folks! I can't believe I missed it. I tape it every year, and didn't even think to look for it. I usually sit there and cry through the whole thing. Happy tears....not "I wish I was getting all that stuff" tears.....well, maybe a little of both!

WDWLVR said:
Stacy- too funny about the turkeys. I forgot we were all coming over for dinner. :rotfl2: On a serious note - wish you parents a Happy Thanksgiving from me. I miss your dad's posts.

I will definately let them know you send warm wishes! :goodvibes

cgcw said:
Don't worry, next time she'll remember me as the toilet paper roller lady. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
So will everyone else!!!!(she's on the left, for anyone who hasn't met yet...)

TP.jpg

Diana Lyn said:
WOW! I heard the audience was full of Katrina rescue workers. Very deserving folks! I can't believe I missed it. I tape it every year, and didn't even think to look for it. I usually sit there and cry through the whole thing. Happy tears....not "I wish I was getting all that stuff" tears.....well, maybe a little of both!

I know exactly what you mean. Her DH went down with a group from his Church. They spent an entire week in MS helping a church group down there clean out houses. It was great to see all those gifts going to such deserving people.

MarkRG said:

TP.jpg

Mark that photo is worth it's weight in gold!!!!

Cindy - you are the WOMAN and the next time we need some TP I'll be hollering your way :rotfl:

Cindy - I have seen the rockettes before but not with my grandma and I am excited for her to experience the show! What time should we be over for dinner? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Diana - isn't it cool they take their show to Chicago as well as the classic NY?

MarkRG said:

TP.jpg

I think I just found a new Wallpaper for my computer!! :rotfl2:
I can't believe Cindy didn't kick butt in that contest!

Well this weeks plans will look something like this. Work tomorrow & Wednesday, Thursday at Mom & Dad's (leaving Nick there for the night) and not sure which store we will hit first on Friday morning. Still working on our game plan.
I may even run into Diana since she will be in my neck of the woods on Friday!!!

WDWLVR said:
Hi all - we just got back from Harry Potter. Good movie.

As for plans for this week. Two more days of work. Then Thursday we're heading over to family in Woodridge for Thanksgiving. Friday I'm off but Mark has to work so I'll be cleaning house getting ready to decorate. Then we'll decorate this weekend.

I did watch Oprah today. I just LOVE her favorite things episode. All that stuff went to a great group of people.

Stitch#1 said:
I may even run into Diana since she will be in my neck of the woods on Friday!!!

I plan on hitting just about every store in Clifton Park! You'll recognize me because I'll have boxing gloves on and full body armor!! :rotfl2:

Cindy.....I see magnets of that picture on many, many DIS doors on SSMC06!! :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Diana Lyn said:
Cindy.....I see magnets of that picture on many, many DIS doors on SSMC06!! :rotfl2: :rotfl:
Now THAT sounds like a terrific idea. Or, if we don't want to use that picture, maybe we just need a picture of some Charmin. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

alikat99 said:
Now THAT sounds like a terrific idea. Or, if we don't want to use that picture, maybe we just need a picture of some Charmin. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I second that Amy!!

The rockettes/Radio City Christmas show is also in Orlando this year (I must have seen the commercial a billion times when I was down there last week). An image of one huge line-up of kicking legs reaching from NYC to the mid-west just popped into my mind. Hmmmm, how many rockettes are there anyway? Note to Shelf: Research this as it may come up as a question at my library's reference desk this holiday season :rotfl:

Cindy - Thanks for your comments on my sticking around.

Laurabearz - Good luck w/ the x-mas decorating. Some of my neighbors took advantage of the nice weather yesterday and about three houses on my block are lit up like the Osborne's Spectacle, but they still have their inflatable turkeys and real pumpkins mixed in - very weird.

OK, I can't resist...

Laurabearz, It will be OK, what do the neighbors know anyway... I bet they will expect you to take the decorations down before July anyway...Some People...We have some people in Dallas who go a little overboard...but I am sure you won't have anything as drastic as the Osbourne Lights...

Cindy, Question, can't seem to remember... Is there Toilet Paper in the bathrooms of the ship?!? (actually, there was an old Bob Newhart show episodewhere Susan and he got some visitors from France, and the female came running out of the bathroom screaming something in French about them actually having Toilet Paper) ... I think My DS could give you a run for your money at that game... Oh, and I think Holiday Ornaments with the picture on it, or maybe T-shirts.....

Good Night all, see you at 9:00 EST after I get off the phone with MS...

:jumping2:

ohanafamily said:
OK, I can't resist...

Laurabearz, It will be OK, what do the neighbors know anyway... I bet they will expect you to take the decorations down before July anyway...Some People...We have some people in Dallas who go a little overboard...but I am sure you won't have anything as drastic as the Osbourne Lights...

Are you poking fun at me??? ;) I am figuring it this way... we are having Christmas at our house on Christmas Eve, and we dont get back from Disney until December 22nd. I need it all up and running before we leave on the 15th, and that really isnt that far away.... plus this is the first year to decorate this house (I have already made a few mistakes) and it takes longer... lol

Plus, this way I have more time to bake cookies!!!

ANd the number one reason to put up Christmas Decorations this week.... Kids are off of school.....they wanna help, so they are angels.....they are cleaning up after themselves(cant have a messy Christmas wonderland now can we??), and being sweet as pie, since the reality of Santa is setting in.. judgement day....... Love it. Well behaved kids and all I had to do was start putting up Christmas decorations.

Good morning everyone!

Cindy was a great sport about the game - especially since she really didn't volunteer. That was done but Gary, Cameron and myself :) Plus she got a Radio Disney t-shirt for it.

It really was a fun event. Who knows maybe they will have some games like this on the next cruise and then Cindy will be a shoe-in!

We've gotten our package from Disneyland and I'm getting excited that we'll be leaving in a just 3 weeks for that. Best news is that by the time we go hopefully we'll already been booked on SSMC06. Can't wait to see how they decorate Disneyland for the holidays. We've done WDW before and loved it.

MarkRG said:

TP.jpg

Gee, thanks, Mark. I thought I was safe as Gary hadn't posted one yet. Guess not! :earboy2:

Diana Lyn said:

Diana! I'll just full size that one I left for you of Shrek!! ;) (Actually, isn't that the one that walked over to Gail's door for a while??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter