• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohanafamily said:
OK, so the question... What is everyone doing this week???

I'm boycotting the family thanksgiving this year, so it will just be us at home. I've been travelling somewhere for Thanksgiving for the last 10 years, and I'm tired of it! So we're going to "haul out the holly" as I like to call it and put up the tree and decorate.

Plus, I'll need to rest up for Friday. I started working on my game plan today. I hope to be at Walmart by 4:30am....they start the sale at 5am, and if I go to the Walmart over by Stacy's house (like 15 mins from here) I can be at Kohl's for 6am. Then I'll be hitting Target (in the same parking lot) and Toys R Us just down the street. I plan to take Emma to her swim class at 10 and have a nap by noon! :faint: :rotfl2:

If I'm successful and haven't gotten arrested for beating up people, I plan to reward myself by going to Michaels during nap time and hit the mall on Saturday to get the Higglytown Heroes at TDS. :cheer2:

#1Mouse said:
I mentioned it to John while he was still in Florida and all he said was check into it and let me know. He got home late Tuesday night and had a busy schedule for the next 3 days so I didn't pursue it. Friday afternoon he says - "So what time are we leaving?" Then I had to tell him that I figured since he was gone for 5 days working 12-16 hours a day, I didn't think he would be up for a 5 hour drive to Chicago - hmmm next time I'll just book the trip!!!! :goodvibes

DUHHH We were all there hoping to see you guys, Dale, Karen, Coleen and I were there on Sunday. I won a coffe mug and Karen won one of the Christmas decorations. Oh well hope to see you in a few weeks.

Squid

We will spend all day Wednesday at the high school getting it set up for a huge craft show. Thursday will be dinner at my sisters (hey Mary - iluvdisney) I'll kinda be in your neck of the woods! Friday will be back at the school while the crafters come in and set up and Saturday & Sunday are the craft show. Sunday night I can start dreaming of our cruise and WDW trip coming up in December.

Oh for all you Black Friday shoppers - Disney Store by us is going to be open at 4 AM! :earseek: I'm not quite sure that they have anything in there that would be worth getting there at 4 AM though

fireplug said:
DUHHH We were all there hoping to see you guys, Dale, Karen, Coleen and I were there on Sunday. I won a coffe mug and Karen won one of the Christmas decorations. Oh well hope to see you in a few weeks.

Squid

Then on Saturday night while we were out to dinner with friends - he mentions to them "Yeah, we could have been in Chicago tonight, but Gail forgot to book the trip" Sure, like I would forget to book a trip! Hey I was thinking about him and the long hours he was working.

Sure wish we could have made it - I'll know for next time

Haven't posted in a while, but I'm on constantly. After seeing the points chart, stops and spa news in print DBF and I are undecided about the cruise. I'll keep you all posted, but I hope I'm still welcome here?!?!?

Gail - I'm sooooooo glad I no longer work at TDS at least for the holiday season. I always worked black Friday & Saturday and 4:00AM is nuts! I wonder if that's country-wide? Our mall always had retrictions on what the stores could legally do so maybe I would've lucked out...who knows.

Diana - I'm planning my attack of which stores to hit when too. I'm enjoying my first "work commitment" free "day after Thanksgiving" in like 5 years. I 'll need to get a nap in too cause my girfiends and I have dinner plans and Disney on Ice tix for that evening. Oh, and did you know that Woodbury Commons (from what I've been told) will open at 10:00PM on Thanksgiving and stay open all night?!?!? My mom and I are in negotiations right now about if it's worth it. She's always wiped at the end of the day on Thanksgiving so I promised I'd pitch in :rolleyes: if it means I can snag some early bargains : )

I've been bouncing off the walls all day cause I got a roundtrip/non-stop airfare from Newark to Orlando in February for $78 per person!!! I'm totally psyched. :Pinkbounc It was just a fluke that I was checking online this morning all different weekends in Feb and hit the great deal for the weekend of the 12th. DBF and I have never spent Valentine's Day in WDW - ahhhh the new joys of having a second home in Celebration, especially when you can find dirt cheap airfare. We want to book a really nice V-Day dinner too (I'm thinking "Bistro De Paris" any thoughts)

Hopefully I'll check back before the holiday, if not, eaaaaattttttt and enjoy!!

alikat99 said:
Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time. Wish I could have been there in my old hometown. Oh well, the weather here in FL right now can't be beat!! :sunny:

We've had a rough weekend. First, Emily was sick all last week and only made it to school on Tuesday. Then, Friday, Madison started to get this same cold. And Saturday, I got it. It starts with a nasty head cold, congested, runny nose. Then, a couple days later, it moves to a nasty cough. That's where Madison is right now, in the cough phase. She was up a lot of the night coughing, I felt SO bad for her. I woke up with a sore throat, so I'm sure that my coughing will start today.

But, the good part is that Emily is back at school now. They have their Thanksgiving potluck lunch today for the families, so that should be fun. We have to remember the video camera, since they have some really cute Thanksgiving songs that they are singing. I have to leave in about an hour to go to see it all with Chris & Madison.

Chris was up until around 3am working on picture CD/DVDs from SSMC05 for some of you. He feels bad that he's been so busy with work and remodeling our bathroom that he hasn't been able to finish them up.

Well, I need to go check on Maddie, she seems just a little too quiet!!!

Gosh, Amy, it sounds like all of you could use a little boost!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: For a quick recovery & finishing up all those tasks Chris is working on.

OK, just called Member Services... To Verify...

Spa Services will be available, but the fitness room will be temporarily relocated...

:jumping2:

Diana Lyn said:
I'm boycotting the family thanksgiving this year, so it will just be us at home. I've been travelling somewhere for Thanksgiving for the last 10 years, and I'm tired of it! So we're going to "haul out the holly" as I like to call it and put up the tree and decorate.

Diana, I thought you were coming here for Thanksgiving. :( ;)

That's kind of our plan too. And, maybe we'll head downtown again over the weekend. Walker & Cameron really want to try skating at Millinium Park. It looked cool but I knew I couldn't handle it last weekend with my broken toe. Not sure I can this weekend either as I re-broke it yesterday. But, at least if I'm bundled up, I can watch and take pictures. Not such a bad deal actually.

We'll do our Christmas decorations.

I usually wait until Thursday night/early Friday to decide whether I'm heading out and tackling the crowds on Friday morning. I have a lot of days to decide between now and then exactly what I'm doing.

Bompy213 said:
Haven't posted in a while, but I'm on constantly. After seeing the points chart, stops and spa news in print DBF and I are undecided about the cruise. I'll keep you all posted, but I hope I'm still welcome here?!?!?

Stephanie, now stop that!! You will always be welcome....whether you sail with us or not. :flower:

Ohanafamily - thanks for the reminder that tomorrow is the 11 month window for Saturday night pre cruise I didn't have it on my calendar... off to set it now.

This week I am working like crazy cause it's year end - what it's not December yet? lol - as well as:

Headed to best buy to get Matt and I new cell phones since they have th Razr on special for $40 after rebate

Flying to Iowa on Wed for the family Thanksgiving
Driving with Mom/Grandma to Chicago on Friday for weekend of fun - Rockettes, Bridal gown shopping, food, Fields etc
Flying home on Sunday night

Poor Matt has to work (he's going in these days at 5 am) except for Thursday so he's hanging out with the :dog: and :cat: while I am gone.

chipscinderelly said:
Driving with Mom/Grandma to Chicago on Friday for weekend of fun - Rockettes, Bridal gown shopping, food, Fields etc
Flying home on Sunday night

:blush: I thought it was Diana coming here for Thanksgiving dinner. It's Julie. :cheer2: :cheer2: ;)

You are going to love the Rockettes!! Have you seen their show before?? :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :banana:

We are opening at 5am on Friday because Best Buy and other big stores by us are opening early.
So Im going to be at work at 430am,
I have no clue what my family wants and my DH hates to do the wander around and shop thing, Ill probably go home and collapse because we are going to be so busy.
Mary and Cindy (the TP Queen), your day in Chicago sounded like so much fun except for the $5 sodas.. YIKES!!
Ohana Fam sorry you have to work on your Bday, hope you its magical after work.

mrsdon said:
Ohana Fam sorry you have to work on your Bday, hope you its magical after work.
I keep telling DW that...;)

Seriously, I do enjoy my job... so it is no big, but... (read as DOT DOT DOT from the musical "MOMMA MIA!")

:jumping2:

cgcw said:
:blush: I thought it was Diana coming here for Thanksgiving dinner. It's Julie. :cheer2: :cheer2: ;)

You are going to love the Rockettes!! Have you seen their show before?? :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :banana:

Julie--sounds like you are going to have a great time! I didn't know the Rockettes were anywhere else but in NYC. But until I was 18 I really didn't know anything else existed west of the city! I didn't know anything was north either, and I live here now!

A friend of mine made a proposition to me today, that if I can find someone to watch the girls on Wednesday, she is going into the city to see the Christmas Show and shop and has an extra ticket. Cindy--are you busy Wednesday? :rotfl: I really wish I could go, just so I can check out the World of Disney store if nothing else!

Bompy213 said:
Oh, you're always welcome here!!!! :love:

Bompy213 said:
I've been bouncing off the walls all day cause I got a roundtrip/non-stop airfare from Newark to Orlando in February for $78 per person!!! I'm totally psyched. :Pinkbounc It was just a fluke that I was checking online this morning all different weekends in Feb and hit the great deal for the weekend of the 12th. DBF and I have never spent Valentine's Day in WDW - ahhhh the new joys of having a second home in Celebration, especially when you can find dirt cheap airfare. We want to book a really nice V-Day dinner too (I'm thinking "Bistro De Paris" any thoughts)
You're going to love it at WDW at Valentine's Day. One year, DH and I couldn't find a reservation anywhere in the Tampa/St. Pete area for 2/14, so we decided to head over to WDW and we were able to get a ressie for Alfredo's. It was great!!!

cgcw said:
Gosh, Amy, it sounds like all of you could use a little boost!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: For a quick recovery & finishing up all those tasks Chris is working on.
Thanks Cindy!! It's been rough! I'm glad that Emily is finally better, and Madison and I are on recovering side of this thing, I think. Maybe another few days and we should be better. Just hope Chris doesn't get sick.

On a side note, he is almost done and ready to burn the DVD/CDs for SSMC05. He redid something last night, so he's actually working on his PC now.

chipscinderelly said:
Ohanafamily - thanks for the reminder that tomorrow is the 11 month window for Saturday night pre cruise I didn't have it on my calendar... off to set it now.
I didn't know that either. I'll have to call MS to get my Saturday ressie for VWL, so that I at least have somewhere to stay the night before the cruise. We may think about changing once the 7-month window comes around.

We're pretty low-key for Thanksgiving. My mom, Chris's mom, Chris's brother and his partner are coming to our house for dinner. I make the turkey, stuffing and potatoes and everyone else brings the rest. Makes it easier for me.

I'm hoping to maybe watch the Macy's parade a little and put up some Christmas decorations.

For Black Friday, Chris wants to go to Walmart to get the HP laptop, and then we need to check any of the other adds to see what we may want. You all know how much I LOVE Walmart, so we'll see how that goes. I may send him on his own. I went a couple of years ago to WM on BF and it wasn't TOO bad. We went to get an HP PC (which happens to be what I'm on now), and I was preggo with Maddie at the time. So, people were at least nice to me and didn't push me around for the most part. But, now that we have 2 at home, I may just stay home and let Chris do the early BF shopping.

4Gus-Gus&Figaro said:
Wow! All those Berwyn ties are a bit frightening! :scared1: I don't know a great deal about Curt's youth. I do know that he went to a Catholic school in Cicero, and that they lived just a few blocks from the school. I'll have to ask him about everything, and let you know what he says. Maybe we will be a part of "The DisBoard Zone"... Just yesterday, I mentioned to him that he should jump into this thread, as well. Maybe now he will.

I had a dream the other night that I got through to MS on call-in day, and secured a cabin then and there. I sure do hope that it was prophetic! :wizard:

Karen

Would you be referring to Our Lady of the Mount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter