2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
curtdennis said:
Ok, moving on. I promised and I will deliver.

MOVIE CHALLENGE
Since we are getting closer and closer to departure time for everone I will depart from the no hint rule and will say that this is NOT a baseball movie.

CHALLENG-15.jpg

The clock starts NOW!

Is it a football movie? I'll guess Invincible

chipscinderelly said:
Is Lost still on cause it seems I am talking to myself here

:dance3: :rolleyes1 :eek: :charac2: :ssst: :chat:

There seems to be some baseball game being played that appears to take precedence over the Member Cruise :rolleyes:

Tiger Lily 03 said:
I'm still trying to catch up on the day's posts. I feel I'm not going to succeed again.

Anyway, I'm packed but still need to put in makeup and my exercise wear. Hairdresser yesterday, nails today...one more work sleep then it's 2 weeks of vacation sleeps!
:banana: :dance3: :banana:

It's all starting to get even more exciting, especially when people are starting to leave for their trips. Enjoy your week before we get there!

bcvprincesses said:
AnnMarie I'm glad you were able to get the costume. :cool1: Tom is on the other computer looking at about 10 different ones. If he is going to order one, he better do it soon.

If you are looking at www.buycostumes.com I have a 10% discount code you can use, plus they are offering $.99 shipping but I think it ends tomorrow (10-12).

bcvprincesses said:
Just finished watching Lost. Why does it seem like that show is only on for a few min? I always want more. Time to go read spoilers while watching the Tigers win.

All I can say is Hooray for Sun. About time one of The Others got taken down.

#1Mouse said:
If you are looking at www.buycostumes.com I have a 10% discount code you can use, plus they are offering $.99 shipping but I think it ends tomorrow (10-12).

Thanks, I had checked there but could not find anything that Ann Marie would be seen in public with me :rotfl2:

Diana Lyn said:
You're right Mary. During games we may tease each other and put the other team down, but when it comes right down to it, it's one big baseball family.
Well said Diana! This is a very sad story. My heart goes out to his family.

socks68 said:
They are flip flops that light up. Last year Walmart sold them and a lot of us bought them before the cruise. The part that goes over your foot at toe thing would flash randomly -or not for some of us- as we walked in them.

Thanks! I don't like to wear flip flops because of the between the toe thingy, but it will be interesting to see everyone else's.

curtdennis said:
Ok, moving on. I promised and I will deliver.

MOVIE CHALLENGE
Since we are getting closer and closer to departure time for everone I will depart from the no hint rule and will say that this is NOT a baseball movie.

CHALLENG-15.jpg

The clock starts NOW!

The Lord of the Rings?

tinkerbelle77 said:
I dont think its been posted yet, But I just received an email from DVC, telling us about getting $15 off a point to add on...and at the bottom it says watch out for your set of DVC post cards coming to your mailbox soon! I wonder what those look like...More gifts I love gifts!

Or more items to be sold on Ebay! :lmao: I received the same message.

IleneF said:
Diana, Congrats on getting your docs....FINALLY!

Thank you to everyone for the kind comments about my paint can. It was fun! Diana sent me the little punched out mickeys so I put them to good use.

I LOVE the Carousel of Progress song/show too. Which brings me to a major gripe about old Disney vs new Disney. I have the answer to why many of the new attractions don't have the same impact as older ones that are sadly gone. I could make Disney so GREAT if they only would hire me. Here's the answer. MUSIC...yup it's almost that simple. Almost all of the attractions my family and I remember it's because we take the song home with us. It burns a special place in our memory. Songs are emotional links. The old horizons, the old Listen to the Land boat ride,and the old figment ride all have that in common. The newer attractions lack that. OK off my soapbox!

I agree with you Ilene! I hope Disney is listening!

Only in an attempt to inflate the overall postcount I just wanna blow our own horns a little.​
Karen busted 400 today, I busted 600 and most importantly
THE TIGERS WON GAME 2!!

bcvprincesses said:
Just finished watching Lost. Why does it seem like that show is only on for a few min? I always want more. Time to go read spoilers while watching the Tigers win.
I totally agree. That hour goes by so fast! Lost is one of my favorite shows. I haven't read the spoiler thread yet.

Seems like all I am doing is reading lately!:surfweb:

This is going to be a busy week before we leave. Taekwondo almost every night because we have Graduation the week after we return so DD needs to get her form and board breaks down.

DH is busy at work and will be until we leave.

Neighbor came over with a TA planning challenge. A 5-6 week trip to China, Australia and New Zealand. They want to leave in 6 months. Lots of research for me so I guess I will be working.;)

DD and I went to Dinner's Ready today. She was a great helper and really liked measuring and putting our dinners together.

Night everyone! We will see wo hits the milestone tomorrow.

Curt my off the wall guess is " I don't know" :goodvibes

cgcw said:
Oh Yeah, Cameron's still in mourning about that. Cameron's bedroom is all White Sox and I just snapped a picture of the poster he has no desire to remove. :(

oct112006304.jpg

Your kid has great taste in baseball players! And he really did have some amazing seasons with the Sox. It's funny, because sometimes fans here in Detroit will start up the "Oh-we-oh - Maggg-lio" chant. Not sure how he feels about that, since he didn't leave on the best of terms... :confused3

And please understand that I'm not trying to steal the poster off of Cameron's wall! I just thought, someday, if he ever gets tired of it, well, you know... :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter