20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Linda!

Thanks for the PM! I'm going to look into Costco and Small World Travel sometime today to see which can give me the better discount. :D

-jindy

I was hoping someone in our group is lucky enough to end up getting a cat. 1, 2, or 3 we can have a big party in their suite.

Or, we should have some shareholder clout, maybe we could just crash one of those Disney Executives suites who will no doubt be on this cruise. Wouldn't that be funny!

How about a group Palo Cruise brunch on one of our sea days?

Okay, I gotta get to work.

Linda

Originally posted by seaulater
I was hoping someone in our group is lucky enough to end up getting a cat. 1, 2, or 3 we can have a big party in their suite.

Or, we should have some shareholder clout, maybe we could just crash one of those Disney Executives suites who will no doubt be on this cruise. Wouldn't that be funny!

How about a group Palo Cruise brunch on one of our sea days?

Okay, I gotta get to work.

Linda

No reason to not schedule a group brunch, however I'd limit to about 20 people max. While the reservations themselves might be easier to come by, I remember the cruise last october where they had about 60-70 people and it became a mess.

If you're interested in organizing it though, let me know and I'll post it to the events list. I'd definitely attend. Their brunch kicks butt! (Not as good as dinner - which we had twice on the last 7 day cruise - gotta love palo times 4 on a 7 day cruise)

Fellow "Kingdom to Kingdom" cruiser here!!!

We have two GTY 12. One for me (Rebecca 27) and DH (Craig 28). The other room will me my mom (Darla) and DH's sister (Sarah 26). We all live in Oregon (well SIL is moving to IL but she will always be an Oregonian at heart ). This will be our 4th cruise (two land/sea and one eastern). Mom's second and SIL's second.

We are so excited!!!!! As you can see by my counter we leave tomorrow morning for trip #3!!! Now I have something to look forward to again!!!!

Can't wait to meet you all on our Voyage through The Ditch!!!

Originally posted by DisneyDreamer8
Fellow "Kingdom to Kingdom" cruiser here!!!

We have two GTY 12. One for me (Rebecca 27) and DH (Craig 28). The other room will me my mom (Darla) and DH's sister (Sarah 26). We all live in Oregon (well SIL is moving to IL but she will always be an Oregonian at heart ). This will be our 4th cruise (two land/sea and one eastern). Mom's second and SIL's second.

We are so excited!!!!! As you can see by my counter we leave tomorrow morning for trip #3!!! Now I have something to look forward to again!!!!

Can't wait to meet you all on our Voyage through The Ditch!!!

Welcome. I see you're almost off on another trip. Send me all the info and we'll get you up on the site. I've got a few pictures up as well.

Hoping those GTY 12's mean upgrades for ya. If not, we promise we'll shut down by 2:30 am above you ;)

Don't worry about us!!! We all are night owls plus I have no problems sleeping on a ship :tongue: Plus I don't plan on being in my room much so I could not justify paying more for something I won't use. Much rather spend the extra money on shore excursions and souviners!!! ::yes:: I'll send a pic when I get back from our trip. We are all on late seating for dinner. DH and I live in Turner Oregon. Mom lives in Sisters Oregon and SIL will be living in Decatur Illinois.

Originally posted by DisneyDreamer8
Don't worry about us!!! We all are night owls plus I have no problems sleeping on a ship :tongue: Plus I don't plan on being in my room much so I could not justify paying more for something I won't use. Much rather spend the extra money on shore excursions and souviners!!! ::yes:: I'll send a pic when I get back from our trip. We are all on late seating for dinner. DH and I live in Turner Oregon. Mom lives in Sisters Oregon and SIL will be living in Decatur Illinois.

Ok, I think I got you added to the site as well. Let me know if it looks ok.

We're going!

Hubby and I and our DS (23 months, at cruise time).
Deck 5.

Can't wait!

Originally posted by Psiklops

We'll have somebody stomp on the floor when it's time for one of our DIS meets :teeth:

- Jim
LOL
You all better stomp pretty hard... I'm all the way down in steerage! At least I think I am... I have a "guarantee" what the heck does that mean... I'm on the ship but it might be in the cargo hold?? :confused:

Originally posted by DisneyPinDiva
LOL
You all better stomp pretty hard... I'm all the way down in steerage! At least I think I am... I have a "guarantee" what the heck does that mean... I'm on the ship but it might be in the cargo hold?? :confused:

It means your room will be that category (most likely) or higher. If your a guarentee category 12, you theoretically can end up in any room on the ship.

:wizard:
Ahhhh... well that sort of sounds like a good thing then?? I don't really care where we are... as long as we are on the ship! :boat: The last couple cruises we spent ZERO time in the stateroom. I actually love the inside cabins because it's so nice and dark to sleep or whenever you want to ... uh.. take a nap or something.
:blush:
When do they actually tell you where you will be? When we get to the port and check in? I've never done it this way before, we've always known our stateroom, but I guess it really doesn't make too much difference. Will being Castaway Club members help at all. I've never had the pleasure of an upgrade... but I can always dream... :laughing:

Add us to the list. Two friends from CA jumping onboard to be a part of Disney history!

BEAV (Brian) 45
Gary 50

We are in a cat 6 and have late seating.

We sailed the Panama Canal (west-to-east) last Fall aboard the Celebrity Summit.

Here's a link to the photos going through the Canal for anyone interested.

Panama Canal Sept 2003

This will be Gary's 32rd cruise (3rd on Disney) and my 22nd cruise (3rd also on Disney).

I really like the "kingdom to kingdom" thing! We should have group T-shirts made up with that slogan...

I'll try to locate the most flattering photo I can find. Will also hit up Gary for one.

Great pictures..

I Bet the Brunch thing Will BE easy to Pull off with a large Group on this Trip as We have So many days at Sea....

Cruise #8 Disney.... for us

ON our october cruise coming up we are not even trying to plan a Group Brunch at Palo since the mess that happened last year...

DECK 6 RULES lol

Have Been in the Roy Suite , But just kinda end up in there to check it out.... then the rightful Owners came to the room and Kindly asked me to leave.... No They were Very nice And DIS BOARD MEMBERS ... IT is Very nice......

would think the Canal day would be best for me....

ALSO HERE IS THE LINK TO THE LIST... That Jeff is keeping and Also His Email so u may send him the info... If u Wish
http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal/

jeffc@tiggerfan.net
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We are on this sailing! Currently, we have 5 cabins linked (and counting! - this is what I get for asking my friends & family if they want to cruise with us!). Let's see:

Deck 7 - 2 cabins
Deck 2 - 3 cabins

Our next Disney cruise is 8/21/04 and another one 11/04. Can't wait to meet you all!

-Sarah

We were lucky enough to be first in line at the cruise desk on the Wonder on 5/5. It was very exciting when the Captain made the announcement to the entire ship that the Magic was heading West.
Stephanie had a heck of a time getting into the system to book us. After a bit of a wait and a bunch of chewed off fingernails later, we were booked in 6078.

My DH, Ed (34) & myself (Leslie - 32) are SO there!

This is going to be an incredibly fun year of planning and excitement!

We had so much fun on our first four day last week....I can barely contain myself with the thought of 14 days!!!! WoW!:jumping1:

Got you two on the list as well. E-mail me the photo when you get a chance and let me know if I got any info wrong.

Originally posted by BEAV
Add us to the list. Two friends from CA jumping onboard to be a part of Disney history!

BEAV (Brian) 45
Gary 50

We sailed the Panama Canal (west-to-east) last Fall aboard the Celebrity Summit.

Panama Canal Sept 2003

This will be Gary's 32rd cruise (3rd on Disney) and my 22nd cruise (3rd also on Disney).

I really like the "kingdom to kingdom" thing! We should have group T-shirts made up with that slogan...

I'll try to locate the most flattering photo I can find. Will also hit up Gary for one.

Originally posted by TikiGirl
We were lucky enough to be first in line at the cruise desk on the Wonder on 5/5. It was very exciting when the Captain made the announcement to the entire ship that the Magic was heading West.
Stephanie had a heck of a time getting into the system to book us. After a bit of a wait and a bunch of chewed off fingernails later, we were booked in 6078.

My DH, Ed (34) & myself (Leslie - 32) are SO there!

This is going to be an incredibly fun year of planning and excitement!

We had so much fun on our first four day last week....I can barely contain myself with the thought of 14 days!!!! WoW!:jumping1:

Another Deck 6 DISer. Welcome aboard.

Again the list is at http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal/

I'll probably repost that a few hundred times, so don't worry about bookmarking it.

Hi Everyone! :wave:

If anyone was on a recent DCL cruise and purchased a "Shopping In Paradise" VIP Passport Duty Free Shopping Book, you'll be happy to know you really got your $20 worth! I purchased mine on our 4/17 Eastern cruise & it was well worth it for St. Maarten & St. Thomas. I see Acapulco & Cabos San Lucas are in the book too! Lots of pages of discounts/free stuff for Cabos! For those of you with the DI charm bracelet- you can collect a charm in Cabos too. Looks like Cabos is the shopping port!

Experienced Canal cruisers - Linda, Brian & Gary~ What can you tell us about the Ports we will be visiting? Were they the same on your previous cruises? Very cool pics of the Summit in the locks! The Magic will look even better!

BTW -The DISers on Deck 7 will try really hard not to keep you guys on Deck 6 awake- no promises though, 'cuz this is a PARTY cruise!

With 13 nights onboard, hopefully the Palo's ressie rush won't be so bad! Brunch is our favorite, so count us in! Maybe I'll finally be able to experience High Tea after 4 cruises too! Always filled up when I go to book...

This cruise is going to be great!

Originally posted by dianthus
Hi Everyone! :wave:

If anyone was on a recent DCL cruise and purchased a "Shopping In Paradise" VIP Passport Duty Free Shopping Book, you'll be happy to know you really got your $20 worth! I purchased mine on our 4/17 Eastern cruise & it was well worth it for St. Maarten & St. Thomas. I see Acapulco & Cabos San Lucas are in the book too! Lots of pages of discounts/free stuff for Cabos! For those of you with the DI charm bracelet- you can collect a charm in Cabos too. Looks like Cabos is the shopping port!

Experienced Canal cruisers - Linda, Brian & Gary~ What can you tell us about the Ports we will be visiting? Were they the same on your previous cruises? Very cool pics of the Summit in the locks! The Magic will look even better!

BTW -The DISers on Deck 7 will try really hard not to keep you guys on Deck 6 awake- no promises though, 'cuz this is a PARTY cruise!

With 13 nights onboard, hopefully the Palo's ressie rush won't be so bad! Brunch is our favorite, so count us in! Maybe I'll finally be able to experience High Tea after 4 cruises too! Always filled up when I go to book...

This cruise is going to be great!

You won't keep us up. Don't worry. I don't think the Palo rush will be bad at all, particularly with ALL the sea days, but I agree with Hygiene99, after last october, I wouldn't try to get more then 20 people together at a time for Palo brunch.

Originally posted by BEAV

BEAV (Brian) 45
Gary 50

Panama Canal Sept 2003

Welcome you two! Three more from CA here..me, Jim, wife Tracy, and daughter Taylor. Looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter