2002 Entertainment Book just $5.00!!!

Originally posted by magyar2
My final order showed that I was being charged $25 plus $5 shipping. Thinking that this was a mistake, I canceled the order and tried again, only to have the same price show up. I thought that maybe there was just a problem with the final check-out, so I finished the order, hoping that the correct price of $5 would show up in the confirmation e-mail.

It did not show up. I was charged $30 total.
I will be sending back my book "return to sender" if they don't honor the price that was on their website.

Uuhhh....from what I read, they did honor the final price...if you ok'ed what was on the final page and submitted the order, that is what you were okaying to be charged. That is why I ALWAYS print out my order confirmations. If the order confirmation isn't what I wanted to pay, then I don't order it.

By the way, the book is a heck of a buy even at regular price.

I'd be surprised if they ever run a promotion like this again, due to the 'stink' that it raised. Just can't be worth the couple bucks they make to have all the hassles with books being returned & nasty e-mails, etc.

My 3 books just arrived and I was charged $15 total. So, I got the free shipping as well. I believe last Wednesday was the last day you could get the $5 each with free shipping. I went there the next day to order another for a friend and the offer had been recinded. The price was then $25 each. The window closed quickly! Even on Wednesday, you had to enter the site using the special link or the price was $25. John K.

I placed two seperate orders, one for the $5 + $5 shipping, and one for the $5 total price. I received both, one through USPS and one through Airborne express. So they did honor at least some of the $5 total price orders.

I ordered a total of 9 books (FIL is a coupon junkie, he is sooooo cool) for $5 with free shipping, they were delievered today by AirBorne express and my CC was charged $45 just like it should be. I wouldn't worry too mush about being charged more than you agreed to pay. We as customers made the orders in good faith, the worst they could do to us as customers is decline to complete the order. It's the people who set up the alleged fraud that will have a problem. JMHO

Angela

I think I placed my order on the 7th. We're heading to LA this summer and got both LA books, plus another for the hometown all at the $5 free shipping offer. The books arrived last night. Thanks to everyone for posting this info. Good luck to everyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter