• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$20 for non character breakfast, is BOG really worth it?

I just preordered breakfast and only had the choice of one drink per meal. How do you request the second drink?

What is included? I can go to Contemporary and eat the breakfast buffet all you can eat for 18.99

You can choose the orange juice, Apple juice, milk, bottled water. They come with their own container.

And They have self service. It's your second drink choice. Coffee, hot chocolate, iced tea, lemonade, soft drinks.

------------

Breakfast at Be Our Guest is a Quick Service credit. If you pay Our of pocket it's not a good deal.

---------
Breakfast for 2

437973400.jpg

578989272.jpg

853572401.jpg

440404273.jpg

Last edited:
$19.99 seems high, but as noted, it's a nice entrée, refillable drink (if you have coffee and/or fountain drink, anyway) and a pastry tray that includes several things. I consider myself a big breakfast eater who loves a buffet, but when our group went to BOG breakfast, we ended up leaving food on the table. The entrees were finished, but again, there were enough pastries to fill out pretty much everybody to their heart's content. Throw in the fact that you're eating breakfast in a castle (if a castle had a cafeteria), and you're paying for a bit of "experience," too....and if you can snag a seat in the West Wing, the experience is even better. And not to be overlooked is the fact that you get to sit down at a table inside an air-conditioned room with nobody trying to rush you out.

The breakfast options inside the MK are pretty minimal -- Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, Starbucks, Gaston's for a cinnamon roll and Sleepy Hollow for a waffle sandwich. BOG serves the quick service breakfast niche in a nice way. It's not for everybody, but we enjoyed it.

What's the size of the kid's French Toast? I would like to do this if we can get a pre-park open but my husband won't do creeps and breakfast out has to be a carb.

will he do the croissant doughnut? I tried it at Epcot and it was yummy! (well, definitely better than then monstrosity they call French toast at CRT nowadays) Now I am torn between the crepes and the doughnut...

will he do the croissant doughnut? I tried it at Epcot and it was yummy! (well, definitely better than then monstrosity they call French toast at CRT nowadays) Now I am torn between the crepes and the doughnut...

Did they change the CRT French Toast? I had it back in 2013 and thought it was the best thing ever. We didn't get to go to CRT the last 2 years and I have been bummed. I crave that CRT meal.

I had the BOG donut this year and could barely eat it. It was hard on the bottom But maybe I got a bad one.

I was thrilled to get an ADR for BOG on our first MK morning. And then I checked the menu for pre-ordering. Holy mackerel - everything is $19.99. And it doesn't even sound all that great. Especially for my girls. I'll keep checking daily for a lunch ADR but thought it would be fun to eat in Beast's castle, but not at that cost. Perhaps we'll hit up Kona and take the monorail to MK afterwards. Much better bang for your buck I'd say. Unless you can convince me otherwise!

2 years ago we went for lunch. It was okay but we more went to see the place. Plus we were on the dining plan. This year we did breakfast. We were OOP this time. Food was totally NOT worth it in our opinion however my mom had never seen the inside so we wanted to go there for that. The ambiance is totally worth it! I would probably do lunch again next time! We had an 8:00am reservation so it was nice to be there at rope drop and ride rides with normally long waits. Not sure it was worth $72 breakfast!

Did they change the CRT French Toast? I had it back in 2013 and thought it was the best thing ever. We didn't get to go to CRT the last 2 years and I have been bummed. I crave that CRT meal.

I had the BOG donut this year and could barely eat it. It was hard on the bottom But maybe I got a bad one.

Oh, that I don't know.....but in the early 2000s, it was this magical actual kinda deep fried puff with yumminess on the inside, and it was expected for you to order seconds!.....when I went in 2014, it was more like a large coffee cake crumble muffin with a small plop of some creamy thing on the inside....it was way too much straight carbs for me....didn't finish half.....

if the croissant doughnut is like the one at Epcot, I will probably enjoy it.....the question is will I enjoy it more than the crepes? haha

I have ADRs for 8:05am. How long do you think it will take to eat? We went ahead and pre-ordered. We would like to take some pics in MK before or after and catch a ride or two right at RD. For those of you that have had the BOG breakfast, is that feasible?

I was thrilled to get an ADR for BOG on our first MK morning. And then I checked the menu for pre-ordering. Holy mackerel - everything is $19.99. And it doesn't even sound all that great. Especially for my girls. I'll keep checking daily for a lunch ADR but thought it would be fun to eat in Beast's castle, but not at that cost. Perhaps we'll hit up Kona and take the monorail to MK afterwards. Much better bang for your buck I'd say. Unless you can convince me otherwise!
My thoughts are if you have a pre-rope drop it is worth it!

You can choose the orange juice, Apple juice, milk, bottled water. They come with their own container.

And They have self service. It's your second drink choice. Coffee, hot chocolate, iced tea, lemonade, soft drinks.

I am still torn. Is it really ok to order an orange juice AND help yourself to tea or coffee or soda at the self service station? I love both at breakfast but I don't want to take anything that isn't mine...

1) To us, $20 for a bowl of cereal is ludicrous.
2) Whether OOP or DDP, it is a HUGE waste of money.
3) But, Disney relies on the P.T. Barnum theory, is it is busy there.

I have ADRs for 8:05am. How long do you think it will take to eat? We went ahead and pre-ordered. We would like to take some pics in MK before or after and catch a ride or two right at RD. For those of you that have had the BOG breakfast, is that feasible?
Very feasible.:)

Be at MK by 7:30 AM-they will let you in around 7:45 AM.

We were finished eating by 8:30 AM and they opened SDMT to BOG Guests around 8:35 AM-we got 3 rides in on SDMT before the Maingate line arrived.:)

From other reviews that I have read (and seen), the portions are small. Breakfast is my hubby's favorite meal, so he wouldn't do well with the smaller portions. Price seems really high, to me. I would be going to Kona. That's our favorite breakfast place. Much less expensive and better food.

From other reviews that I have read (and seen), the portions are small. Breakfast is my hubby's favorite meal, so he wouldn't do well with the smaller portions. Price seems really high, to me. I would be going to Kona. That's our favorite breakfast place. Much less expensive and better food.
I agree-the only thing that makes BOG Breakfast worth it IMHO is the early access to SDMT.:)

Does anyone know if they have "to go" containers for the pastries? We have a reservation there before park opening one day, but after eating my entree, I know there's no way we'll be able to eat the pastries too!
Is the orange juice the type that has to stay refrigerated? I know there are two kinds.

I have a zilpoc bag in my purse/backpack to bring the pastries with us (you pay for it). We have a good snack for the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter