2 Rooms or 1 at ASMovies?

WL has rooms with bunk beds so each kids gets his own bed and you and hubby get a queen instead of a double.

The difference between a queen and a double is 3". Doubt it's going to make much difference for a 6'2" man! :rolleyes1

WL has rooms with bunk beds so each kids gets his own bed and you and hubby get a queen instead of a double.

The difference between a queen and a double is 3". Doubt it's going to make much difference for a 6'2" man! :rolleyes1

....from someone whos DH IS 6'5" and used to sleeping on a queen bed at home ......those 3 inches in width, (not to mention the extra length) DOES make a difference in his morning attitude.

:thumbsup2

We stayed at Pop 2 years ago and loved it. My mom was with us *back then it was just the kids and I - so 4 total* and we each had our own bed. I brought this bed for DD ~*~*~ *it fit between the 2 dbls in the room and this bed for DS *~*~* *we moved the table/chairs a bit and set it up against the wall. During the day we set DD's bed on one of the doubles and DS's bed was "standing" up, leaning against the tv entertainment ctr/dresser. All we did in our room was sleep, shower and get ready.

Stay at ASMu and get a family suite (is roughly the same price as booking 2 rooms). Will give you plenty of space plus a kitchenette (w/micro and fridge included)...and the same option for tv watching/resting. Plus 2 bathrooms makes for quicker showering.

I skimmed the other answers, and didn't notice this but just in case it hasn't been said: adjoining is side by side, without a door between rooms. Connecting means a door between rooms. With little kids, I would want connecting.
We were told in May that connecting was "guaranteed" for our party at Pop. I was pretty sure it wasn't based on the fact that we had several adults in our party. But our reservation did say connecting, and we did get connecting. We have always got our request for connecting at Pop.
We have not at deluxes. For example, on our May trip we did get connecting at Pop but when we moved to WL three days later, we did not. I had told them connecting was very, very important to us as DD had three small kids and was traveling without her husband, and expecting a fourth baby. We anticipated she would tire easily and I wanted to be connecting so I could help her. We did not get it. We did not raise a fuss, as we knew it was only a request and not guaranteed. Point is, it seem's like it's a lot easier to do at the values.

Great catch, cdrn1. Thank you! That was my mistake using the terms interchangably. The TA sent a follow-up confirmation ressie and it does indeed confirm "connecting rooms".

Thanks to those of you for the tip on the Family Suite at ASMusic & offsite locations. Lots of great options! For us, the theming at Movies is a must and the idea of 4 full size beds is a big part of the 2 room appeal. I also do not want to drive at all on vaca so want to stay onsite. We'll rent a mini fridge for $12 per night and be good to go. Now if I can just find a fix for my coffee addiction!

Thanks again for all of the tips. Very greatly appreciated!

I'm surprised at all the votes for 2 rooms (on the budget board). I've always travelled with my kids, Disney or elsewhere, and stayed 2 adults, 2 kids in one room. At the All Stars several times, starting as young as 3 & 6, and we would do it now with them at 14 & 17. In addition to being the cheaper option, we enjoy the togetherness. It's sort of like a slumber party. We usually have breakfast in the room, so someone can shower while others are eating.

Another option is to rent DVC points and get a 1-bedroom. At AKV or BLT, you would have 2 bathrooms. All the other DVC 1-bedrooms only have 1 bathroom. But they all have full kitchens. AKV, BLT and OKW have a pull-out couch and a pull-out chair in the living room (so they sleep 5). There would be 2 TVs also (one in the bedroom and one in the living room). A studio would give you a little more space, as would a mod or deluxe. Mod and deluxes have a fridge in the room. (And I believe they all have queens instead of doubles.) DVC studios have a kitchenette. But all of those still only have one bathroom. We did a 1-bedroom at OKW with 3 kids and 2 adults, only one bathroom, and we did fine (kids showered at night or afternoons after swimming and we showered in the mornings). Would have liked to have had another bathroom, but it really wasn't a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter