2 questions about Pandora

littlbugmom

DIS Veteran
1) Is there a walkable path leading from Pandora to Lion King? I see it on the map but is it something we could take? If I'm trying to get from Pandora to my Tusker House ADR, would this be an option?

2) Are your legs locked into FOP? Are you leaning over? I've read some of the thread on pooh sized problems on FOP and while I'm far from thin, I'm more worried about feeling trapped. My claustrophobia is annoying......I'm wondering if it will kick in with locked in legs and leaning over the bike.

1) Is there a walkable path leading from Pandora to Lion King? I see it on the map but is it something we could take? If I'm trying to get from Pandora to my Tusker House ADR, would this be an option?

2) Are your legs locked into FOP? Are you leaning over? I've read some of the thread on pooh sized problems on FOP and while I'm far from thin, I'm more worried about feeling trapped. My claustrophobia is annoying......I'm wondering if it will kick in with locked in legs and leaning over the bike.
1. Yes. It is the path you see on the map.

2. There is a test seat outside the attraction. The seat is almost like sitting on a bike. There is a restraint that comes up on your back and then one on each leg. You don't have to lean over really. You can see images of the seat on the Pandora thread.

I can't answer your first question because I'm not sure, but I can answer your second question. Both your back and your calves get locked into place. I'm not sure if this will bother your claustrophobia or not.

I can get claustrophobic, but on FoP, I was too busy trying to handle the swoops, dips and drops to think about the leg and back restraints.

I'm not claustrophobic but I do suffer a little of cleithrophobia fear of being trapped and I was fine on the ride. The room you go in has about 10 ride seats and it is like sitting on a motorcycle.

You feel secure on FoP but you don't feel locked in like on a rollercoaster. And you're not really leaning over, it's like you're sitting on a bike

Once the ride started, I never noticed the back or leg restraints. Period. It was so exciting and exhilarating that I was oblivious to everything other than the ride.

Be aware that the path to Lion King is closed in the morning in the Pandora-Africa direction since they use it for the queue to FoP. I don’t know when it reopens, but we had to take the long route around after our rope drop FoP and breakfast at the canteen. Not sure what time of day OP was talking about.

Yes, there is a path from Pandora that leads over to the Lion King theater. It was closed in the morning when we were there in August, and opened up a bit later in the day. I am not exactly sure of what time, but I know it was closed at 10 when we finished Navi River Journey, and were heading out for the safari. Later on when we went back for FoP it was open.

Indeed, there are leg restraints on FoP. I didn't find them troublesome, and I can get a bit freaky about being restrained, but as others have suggested, there is a test seat outside of the ride, so you can give it a go, and see if they are going to bother you before you actually get to the ride.

When we were there 2 weeks ago the path was open by 9:45-ish. We hit the River ride first thing, walked around a bit and then headed to Africa for our Tusker House ADR.
The leg restraints are not real tight. I have knee problems sometimes and wasn't sure.... but had no problem at all! Think of it as getting in a ride backwards. you sit like on a chair or bike, and move forward up to the front brace, then the back comes up to you. The first time getting in seemed odd, but it was quite comfortable.

1. You've gotten good answers on path. Yes it's there, No it's not always open.

2. Have been on three times. Legs are locked, I quickly forgot about it. The back lock is what I was aware of more since it forces your posture. There is so much going on, you quickly forget about your seating structure.

The path is really beautiful and provides cool views of Africa.

Also, for FOP you are securely buckled in, however the ride is (from my understanding) in a sort of Imax theater, as opposed to a pod such as Mission space, so there is limited claustrophobia.

Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter