2 people 1 wheelchair?

Having had this same experience was why we thought we would get away with it too. I have that sort of luck though, I can be in a group all doing the same thing and I'll be the one singled out. :headache: (true story- I was once behind/ahead of the same cars for a few miles, and the officer came into the middle of the run of cars to pick exactly me and let the rest all go... it's what my every day feels like.)

I have a friend who is now - after a long career in law enforcement, the police chief in a nearby town. He told us one time that the most asked question he got when stopping a speeder is "why did you stop me, and not that other guy who was also speeding?" (BTW, that gives away that you *know* you were speeding LOL). His answer has always been "Do you catch every single fish in the pond when you go fishing?" 😉

I promise - I'm laughing *with* you, not at you; I'm that same person. If someone is gonna get busted for anything, it *will* be me, even if the person right next to me is/was/will be again doing whatever it is that was wrong...

I have a friend who is now - after a long career in law enforcement, the police chief in a nearby town. He told us one time that the most asked question he got when stopping a speeder is "why did you stop me, and not that other guy who was also speeding?" (BTW, that gives away that you *know* you were speeding LOL). His answer has always been "Do you catch every single fish in the pond when you go fishing?" 😉

I promise - I'm laughing *with* you, not at you; I'm that same person. If someone is gonna get busted for anything, it *will* be me, even if the person right next to me is/was/will be again doing whatever it is that was wrong...

Many years ago, I was riding my bike and made a turn into a contraflow bike lane (bike lane where the bikes are going the opposite direction to vehicle traffic) on a one-way street. A car also made the same turn and was pulled over by cops. Because of how the cars ended up parked, I had to stop and move my bike around. As I did so, I heard the driver say "But she turned here and you're letting her go". At that point, I shamelessly listened in. After the cop stopped laughing he pointed out that (a) "But she did it" is not a great defence and (b) I was on my bike in a contraflow bike lane - I was doing exactly what I was suposed to be doing.

It depends on the manufacturer. We were rear ended and I double checked that with them because one seat was empty. Chicco requires that all seats in any accident be replaced.

That makes it easy - don't buy from them anymore? I guess they don't make car seats like they used to, which could be said of many things these days. Everything is made to throw out.

That makes it easy - don't buy from them anymore? I guess they don't make car seats like they used to, which could be said of many things these days. Everything is made to throw out.
It's not they are made to throw out, they are supposed to be replaced if in a serious accident. If you want to blame anyone blame the lawsuits and attorneys. You can find some great info from the NHTSA; Car Seat Use After a Crash

Our seats were unoccupied but there were visible cracks in one of them. Insurance paid immediately for them. Like that same day. So we could overnight new ones.
Weird fact: in 2013 we were in an incident where airplane landing gear crumpled and caught fire on landing after something hit it at takeoff. Really rough landing/bump/ hard brake but no injuries. This was just before I had my kids. Women across the aisle had her son in a Car seat. Flight crew had her leave it behind when we deplaned. Attendant said even minor aircraft incident they are no good anymore.

My bet is modifying the seat voids replacement since modifying the seat can cause damage or weaken the inherent structure.

I’ve gone on three trips with a permanently disabled family member in a Whill wheelchair who always had a lap kid, including in queues. No one has ever said a word, even cast members. This is the first time I even heard of this one rider rule.

Maybe it helped that this was obviously a permanent device and was well driven/controlled.

I’ve gone on three trips with a permanently disabled family member in a Whill wheelchair who always had a lap kid, including in queues. No one has ever said a word, even cast members. This is the first time I even heard of this one rider rule.

Maybe it helped that this was obviously a permanent device and was well driven/controlled.

No... It's been a rule for a long time. It hasn't always been enforced in the past, but it is (from recent reports) being enforced now. (as are some other rules that Disney had gotten a bit lax about).

I would anticipate this rule being enforced in the future, given what we are seeing on the ground there right now. And I try to never encourage someone to visit and expect pixie dust based on my experiences, because not every Guest gets the same pixie dust! 🙂

At WDW right now - I've seen the rule enforced, and I've seen 2 scooters go zipping by faster than allowed, with 2 people on each one. That was scary, as they tried to cut perpendicularly through a flow of exiting guests at HS last night.

At WDW right now - I've seen the rule enforced, and I've seen 2 scooters go zipping by faster than allowed, with 2 people on each one. That was scary, as they tried to cut perpendicularly through a flow of exiting guests at HS last night.
And that's why even when I was the one getting yelled at, I totally got WHY they are working on enforcement for that one. Honestly part of me wondered if we get yelled at because we have the happy/innocent look of people who will suck it up and follow instruction rather than start a screaming match.

We’ve all seen somebody get away with things that go against Disney policy. Heck, the first time I stayed at POP, I witnessed an entire family of five piled onto one ECV, driving at top speed around and around the quiet pool, all yelling “BEEP BEEP” at the top of their lungs. A lot of people could have gotten hurt; it was just dumb luck nobody did. Who knows why they get away with it? In the end, it doesn’t really matter. You can’t go into it counting on having an exception made for you.

I didn't know about the no trailer/towed rule. My powerchair has a trailer chair that my 5 yr old granddaughter uses when we go somewhere. It's made specifically for my powerchair. Are they going to refuse me entrance with it?

I didn't know about the no trailer/towed rule. My powerchair has a trailer chair that my 5 yr old granddaughter uses when we go somewhere. It's made specifically for my powerchair. Are they going to refuse me entrance with it?
Probably.
anything towed behind is a tripping hazard for people walking behind you. It’s also pretty likely that your chair plus the trailer chair will be too long to fit the size limit for wheelchair - no larger than 36 inches wide and 52 inches long.
Devices bigger than those dimensions won’t fit in lines.

And that's why even when I was the one getting yelled at, I totally got WHY they are working on enforcement for that one. Honestly part of me wondered if we get yelled at because we have the happy/innocent look of people who will suck it up and follow instruction rather than start a screaming match.
Gosh, this is me to a T

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter