2 child cs for 1 adult cs?

Yup, those numbers sound familiar. So $25 versus $8 is a little more than 3-to-1.

bicker said:
Yup, those numbers sound familiar. So $25 versus $8 is a little more than 3-to-1.
Not to be rude but this is getting kinda old but the above post is saying $25 for a table service $8 for a counter service (not $25 for adult $8 for child) So if disney allows $8 for an adult counter service and it is $4 for a child counter service I think that is 2-to-1. But like you said I quess we should agree to disagree. Have a great day :sunny:

twinkletoesmom said:
Not to be rude but this is getting kinda old but the above post is saying $25 for a table service $8 for a counter service (not $25 for adult $8 for child) So if disney allows $8 for an adult counter service and it is $4 for a child counter service I think that is 2-to-1. But like you said I quess we should agree to disagree. Have a great day :sunny:

The numbers I posted are real numbers, from 2005. Do you have any basis for your $4 figure for kids CS meals ? The snack is valued at around $2 and the child meal plan costs $11. Assume Disney allows $4 for a child CS meal. That leaves $5 for a child's TS meal.Doesn't sound right to me. Character child meals cost around $15 with tax and tip.

Using the same ratio that's used for adult meals I'd expect something like $2.25-$2.50 for CS meals and $6-$7 for TS meals. Back out the $2 snack and the cost difference betwen a child meal plan and adult is almost exactly 4 to 1.

It really doesn't matter, Disney doesn't let you upgrade/downgrade credits from child to adult or from CS to TS. Given the problems in just separating credits I wouldn't expect to see these kind of refinements any time soon.

Your question is valid, should Disney offer a way to upgrade child CS credits for adult. The ratio would probably be 4 to 1 and I suspect guests would, wrongly, think Disney is cheating them.

Lewisc said:
The numbers I posted are real numbers, from 2005. Do you have any basis for your $4 figure for kids CS meals ? The snack is valued at around $2 and the child meal plan costs $11. Assume Disney allows $4 for a child CS meal. That leaves $5 for a child's TS meal.Doesn't sound right to me. Character child meals cost around $15 with tax and tip.

Using the same ratio that's used for adult meals I'd expect something like $2.25-$2.50 for CS meals and $6-$7 for TS meals. Back out the $2 snack and the cost difference betwen a child meal plan and adult is almost exactly 4 to 1.

It really doesn't matter, Disney doesn't let you upgrade/downgrade credits from child to adult or from CS to TS. Given the problems in just separating credits I wouldn't expect to see these kind of refinements any time soon.

Your question is valid, should Disney offer a way to upgrade child CS credits for adult. The ratio would probably be 4 to 1 and I suspect guests would, wrongly, think Disney is cheating them.

Perhaps the ratio is the reason they don't offer something like this. I have never payed much more than double for my meal than my kids at counter service places. I could see it at dinner, but 4 to 1 is a bit much. Maybe if my kid got $5 nuggets and I got a $20 steak. But these numbers probably have little to do with the Disney ratios and calculations etc.

Probably the most basic thing is that profit from volume of customers usually outweighs profit from overhead. In other words Walmart would rather sell 10 thousand strollers at 50 bucks each, making only a small profit on each while another store may sell one thousand at 60 bucks each. The higher price store makes less money. In the restaraunt industry it is cheaper to increase the portion size and charge a little more. We see it all the time. Mc Donalds has a cheeseburger for 89 cents and a double for $1.00. 10 cents for another burger patty. They probaby would rather have all the kids eating adult meals at Disney places than having them eating off site or bringing stuff from super markets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter