• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 bedroom dedicated HA assessable with roll in shower locations. AKL Kidani please help!

ain0004

DIS Veteran
I booked a dedicated 2 bedroom. Roll in shower. Indicated it does not have a tub. I can find nothing on locations . Disney will not give me ideas on location. All I can find is information on lock off. View is standard. There must not be many dedicated 2 bedroom villa for HA. It went to waist list shortly after booking at 11 months. Please help. I may consider switching to OKw at7 months. Mother traveling is amputee. She needs a wheelchair or scooter

I booked a dedicated 2 bedroom. Roll in shower. Indicated it does not have a tub. I can find nothing on locations . Disney will not give me ideas on location. All I can find is information on lock off. View is standard. There must not be many dedicated 2 bedroom villa for HA. It went to waist list shortly after booking at 11 months. Please help. I may consider switching to OKw at7 months. Mother traveling is amputee. She needs a wheelchair or scooter
So have you waitlisted your two bedroom at AKV or did you waitlist and it came through and you currently have it reserved? If you try to switch to OKW, you need to book through medical needs since most of the buildings do not have an elevator and you must reserve a handicap accessible villa. Even with OKW, you won't know the exact location until you check into the resort.

So have you waitlisted your two bedroom at AKV or did you waitlist and it came through and you currently have it reserved? If you try to switch to OKW, you need to book through medical needs since most of the buildings do not have an elevator and you must reserve a handicap accessible villa. Even with OKW, you won't know the exact location until you check into the resort.
We have it booked. And noted that after booking it is waist only.

Waist list. Is for the same room I have booked.
I am trying find old postings. I looks like there is only 1 dedicated 2 bedroom on the 4th floor.
Not sure where.
Okay. You mean WAIT LIST, not WAIST LIST. So you don't have a villa booked, just hoping it will come open before your trip. If your vacation is waitlisted, you don't have a reservation at this point until someone cancels and it becomes available to you via the wait list. Or you have a non-handicap accessible two bedroom booked and are waiting for the HA to become available. Gotcha.

I don't know where they are but out of all the things DVC does rather poorly with HA room designs the locations do not usually to fall into that area and they tend to place them close to the lobbies or elevators. That would be my expectation at Kidani. The other thing - if she uses a Scooter or electric wheelchair it really becomes a non-issue. She'll have motorized transportation and long or short trips don't make any difference in effort, just a little more time. If it's a manual wheelchair then the pushers are the ones that have to work a bit more. ;) My mother used a manual wheelchair and we wandered around Jambo more than once so I can confidently say that while it takes effort over the carpet it's really not that difficult. My sister uses a motorized wheelchair and we don't worry at all about the location of rooms or really anything.

Also, I don't know if you are aware but the parking at Kidani is under the building so even if the room were a little further out in a wing you could likely park almost right under the area where it is.

I found this yesterday. I just can’t read it to see where it’s located

Attachments

• B0BE477B-3AA9-4CA1-8A96-926B4E000315.png
    B0BE477B-3AA9-4CA1-8A96-926B4E000315.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 14
I wonder why I was able to book standard view when they are savanna?

That link shows a savannah view on the 5th floor overlooking the Sunset savannah - essentially across the hall but one floor up. I have found the Touring Plans doesn't necessarily have information on all the DVC rooms so I wouldn't consider it impossible that there are a couple of others. Also note that the search is on savannah view 2BR's but it shows what has to be a standard view looking towards the parking lot. I'd kind of guess that the 4th floor has one too that is actually across the hall from the standard view. And the 5th may have a standard view HA. Just guesses though.

Last edited:
I am still confused on if you have to room booked or wait listed and what your actual question is.

I am still confused on if you have to room booked or wait listed and what your actual question is.

They have it booked at AKV-Kidani. They assume there are not many because very quickly at the 11 month window there was no more availability for the HA with roll in shower (ie - they went back to check and it now required a waitlist).

That's how I understand it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter