• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Well, if it's food and timing, sounds like CP is the winner. You'll already be in MK...right? Then you won't have to leave to go to a third location for dinner, won't need to cross your fingers and hope you get seated early...and what if you go to CM and get seated late? You will feel so rushed. Never eaten at CM...but every thing I read says CP food is better. And then there's Piglet and Eeyore......need I say more? Just my opinion....
This is the logical and obvious answer. But why am I having such a hard time giving up Chef Mickey's? LOL

Last edited:
So fun reading through these now that we are all so close and some are there!! My plane lands at MCO in 48 hours! I did get to see the dentist today and need a root canal, ugh, which they can't schedule me for it until after Disney. So he gave me an antibiotic and told me to take advil and say hi to Mickey for him.
Oh dear! Don't worry though, I had a root canal about two years ago, and my doc couldn't see me for a few days to do it, so I did the same, antibiotic and Advil, and honestly after about 24 hours I didn't even need the Advil. The antibiotic will help so so so much!

Ugh, why can I never be done with planning?!?!?:badpc:
On our 12/4 EMM day, we have Chef Mickey dinner at 7pm. Our plan was to get there 1/2 hour early and see if they could seat us, then jet over to Epcot to catch Illuminations after.
However, I realized yesterday that somewhere along in my travels, I picked up a 6pm Crystal Palace ADR.
Now I'm wondering which one we should do. We've eaten at both places so I can't use that as a deciding factor.
From a character standpoint we are seeing Minnie and Mickey at H&V on 12/6, plus we've got a breakfast at 1900 Park Fare where we'll see at least a couple of the Pooh characters.
So, it comes down to food, and timing. Why do I keep second guessing myself?!?!?
I have never been to CM because of the reviews and because for some reason the characters in chef outfits don't thrill me and the noise and chaos seems like too much for me too. I would be more inclined toward CP because I love that place, the food is alright (but not great, we are doing breakfast there this time which I think is better) and I love the pooh characters. We are not doing 1900 PF though but that is only pooh and tigger? while tigger is my favorite, I also love piglet and eeyore. I love them all. Also the timing works better for you to get over to illuminations, you could probably even avoid the uber at that time of day and just monorail from MK to TTC and grab the monorail to Epcot.

Oh god I am so sick. Coughing and hacking to bits. Seeing Dr tomorrow.
let us know what the doc says. Ugh I ALWAYS get sick on vacation. I've been waiting for it to happen. Over the weekend my ears felt stuffed and I thought it was going to be the big one. I bought purell minis over the weekend to try to protect myself from other people's germs and have been on a high dose of vitamin D for a couple of months now so hoping to have a functional immune system when I go!

Quick question.... I booked the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert party and the e-mail says to arrive at 8:30. Is that correct and early enough? I thought Illuminations was at 9:00, but now I think it is at 9:30 (Epcot is open until 9:30 on Wednesday, December 7th)

Quick question.... I booked the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert party and the e-mail says to arrive at 8:30. Is that correct and early enough? I thought Illuminations was at 9:00, but now I think it is at 9:30 (Epcot is open until 9:30 on Wednesday, December 7th)
it's at 9:30 when candlelight processional is running... the 8:15 CP show lets out right at 9 so it lets everyone find a spot and settle for Illuminations.

it's at 9:30 when candlelight processional is running... the 8:15 CP show lets out right at 9 so it lets everyone find a spot and settle for Illuminations.

Thanks!
You can see I'm still clueless and we're not going to CP so I hadn't realized the timing.

Thanks!
You can see I'm still clueless and we're not going to CP so I hadn't realized the timing.
this is my assumption, I don't know that it is true... but it has been this way for a very long time, like 15 years. Nowadays they stack the shows in ways you can't see both at once :P like at hollywood studios. sucky.

Oh god I am so sick. Coughing and hacking to bits. Seeing Dr tomorrow.
I hope you feel better fast. At least you have a few days before you leave to get over the worst of it.

So fun reading through these now that we are all so close and some are there!! My plane lands at MCO in 48 hours! I did get to see the dentist today and need a root canal, ugh, which they can't schedule me for it until after Disney. So he gave me an antibiotic and told me to take advil and say hi to Mickey for him.
Advil seems to work really well for tooth pain, for some reason. I hope the combination of antibiotic and Advil settles down the tooth for awhile.

Ugh, why can I never be done with planning?!?!?:badpc:
On our 12/4 EMM day, we have Chef Mickey dinner at 7pm. Our plan was to get there 1/2 hour early and see if they could seat us, then jet over to Epcot to catch Illuminations after.
However, I realized yesterday that somewhere along in my travels, I picked up a 6pm Crystal Palace ADR.
Now I'm wondering which one we should do. We've eaten at both places so I can't use that as a deciding factor.
From a character standpoint we are seeing Minnie and Mickey at H&V on 12/6, plus we've got a breakfast at 1900 Park Fare where we'll see at least a couple of the Pooh characters.
So, it comes down to food, and timing. Why do I keep second guessing myself?!?!?
I've read some pretty bad reviews of CM for dinner. The flow and timing of CP work much better for you. ::yes::

We haven't packed a thing yet. We are just so busy with having our kitchen remodeled at the same time. The cabinets are getting installed on Thursday. Maybe I'll have a kitchen by Christmas - I hope.

But I have purchased a couple of Disney gift cards at Target to use for food purchases. It is much easier to use a gift card at the kiosks and food booths than a MB. Trying to line up Mickey to Mickey and putting in a pin takes twice as long as just handing them the gift card. And the 5% discount on the cards is nice, too.

This is the logical and obvious answer. But why am I having such a hard time giving up Chef Mickey's? LOL
Maybe it's just the name? :-) Though he doesn't actually cook the food, hard to resist going to HIS restaurant.
Personally, I went to CP just to see Eeyore. But that's just me. I thought the food was better there, too.

Oh dear! Don't worry though, I had a root canal about two years ago, and my doc couldn't see me for a few days to do it, so I did the same, antibiotic and Advil, and honestly after about 24 hours I didn't even need the Advil. The antibiotic will help so so so much!

Thank you!! I've had one before, but never had to deal with a pending one before vacation. I'm dropping off my prescription this morning.

@areno79 I definitely agree with everyone else, I think cP is the way to go! Much smoother in your plans, and no rushing and stressing.

So, I should probably start printing my stuff out, eh? Lol. While I'm still at work this week, and can save myself some printer ink :rotfl:

I need to print out my overall itinerary, my pocket cheat sheet, and my packing list. Can't believe how close my trip is getting. One week from right now I'll be headed to Newark Airport! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Cannot believe tomorrow is my arrival day! A year and a half of planning and obsessing has come down to this. Thank you to everyone in this thread that has answered my questions and shared my excitements. This may be the last time I check-in on this thread before we leave. I hope everyone enjoys themselves and we all manage to have wonderful vacations filled with memories!

I will most likely be doing a trip report, so feel free to look for that after we get back!

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I need to find a food review with pics of CP. Is it bad that one of the main reasons I want to go to Chef Mickey's is for the Parmesan mashed potatoes? :tiptoe: :rolleyes1

Just popping in to say two more days for me :-):-) I am mostly packed and ready to go just some last minute tweaking to my plans. For anyone still looking for ADR's I have been stalking today and I've seen a lot of popular ones show up today...except the one I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter