***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Oh, sweet PlutosUnDr8d, I could keep you busy for years with my ex drama and family of origin nonsense! Very Jerry Springer-ish.o_O But what you're totally needed for around here is your awesomeness, charm and wit! :D

That sounds like my family, but I do love a good Springer drama discussion!
You are TOO kind--and you inspire me with your positivity and kindness!

So...last night on my 2nd MDE, I booked Biergarten lunch CP Package on 12/5. I already have a Garden Grill CP package for the same day (20 mins earlier.) :tiptoe:

Now I have to decide...GG or Biergarten. Thoughts/suggestions/please tell me what to do?!?!

Never been to GG and didn't even look at lunch or dinner options since we have breakfast. Was at Biergarten in January and everything was good. I like some good sausage and they had that and more. spaetzle... mmm...

DD's program was amazing! We just got home and the girls are both passed out! I'm currently roasting some turkey legs in the oven to prepare for gravy. :) I also have some Christmas music playing and DH is setting up the tree!

I still haven't done my big Target run, but I'm hoping to do that this evening after the girls are in bed. I need to remember to buy ponchos for DH and I.

Anyway, Happy Friday! Have a great start to the weekend!

(P.S -- I'm not sure I'll be on much between now and when we leave for WDW, so I hope all of you have an amazing, pixie-dust filled vacation! )

DD's program was amazing! We just got home and the girls are both passed out! I'm currently roasting some turkey legs in the oven to prepare for gravy. :) I also have some Christmas music playing and DH is setting up the tree!

I still haven't done my big Target run, but I'm hoping to do that this evening after the girls are in bed. I need to remember to buy ponchos for DH and I.

Anyway, Happy Friday! Have a great start to the weekend!

(P.S -- I'm not sure I'll be on much between now and when we leave for WDW, so I hope all of you have an amazing, pixie-dust filled vacation! )
So glad the program went well and you have an idyllic scene at your house! Lovely! Happy Friday to you as well!

I have eaten at both, once each. I enjoyed both, but Biergarten gets my vote:
1) musical entertainment (there is a schedule for it)
2)buffet--choose what you like
3) and what I should have started with. . . grapefruit beer!
And it did not smell like sauerkraut, or I would have heard complaints from my very sensitive child who notices every smell at 50 paces.
:thumbsup2

Never been to GG and didn't even look at lunch or dinner options since we have breakfast. Was at Biergarten in January and everything was good. I like some good sausage and they had that and more. spaetzle... mmm...

Thank you both for the feedback! I need to find some pics of the food. I think I would be more tempted to keep it if I could SEE what it is I'll be eating.

Also, I'm back to considering renting a car again. I can get a car for about $100 total for almost the whole week, which would mean we'd only have to take ME back to MCO. I figured out our approximate Uber costs, and it will be at least $100, so it's a break even. The only thing I'm unsure of is that on our EMM morning we were going to Uber to the Contemporary and walk over to MK. If we have a car, I'm not sure where to park now. We hate the TTC/MK parking and would try to avoid that if possible. We do have a dinner res at Chef Mickey's at 7pm that same night so not sure if we could park at the Contemporary all day. LOL

The only thing I'm unsure of is that on our EMM morning we were going to Uber to the Contemporary and walk over to MK. If we have a car, I'm not sure where to park now. We hate the TTC/MK parking and would try to avoid that if possible. We do have a dinner res at Chef Mickey's at 7pm that same night so not sure if we could park at the Contemporary all day. LOL

I believe the only way you can park there all day if you're not staying there is to use the valet parking. Just did a quick Google search and it looks like valet costs $25 for the day. Maybe you could Uber just that one day?

I have eaten at both, once each. I enjoyed both, but Biergarten gets my vote:
1) musical entertainment (there is a schedule for it)
2)buffet--choose what you like
3) and what I should have started with. . . grapefruit beer!
And it did not smell like sauerkraut, or I would have heard complaints from my very sensitive child who notices every smell at 50 paces.
:thumbsup2
Good to know....I hate sauerkraut! But DH might want to try this on our next trip.

I'm a little disappointed that I never got my gift card from DVC. Back in September I got an offer in the mail offering a $25 disney gift card to call and get info on the DVC. I called, did the phone interview, got the stuff in the mail but never got the gift card. I called about 3 weeks ago asking if was sent and the CM told me it wasn't and she was submitting it again. Still no card. I should probably just give up hoping it'll be in my mailbox each day.

On another note I can join the "I got my magicbands" club. I got them yesterday and like everyone else they're smudged and scuffed a little. No big deal.

Today was clean up MDE day. I cancelled illuminations dessert party and one of the JBJB parties (I had 2 but I decided on which day would be better). I also had an extra yak and yeti to get rid of. I picked up a BOG breakfast for 12/9 but I don't know why because that is our HS day.

This weekend I have some returns to make at the outlets and I'm done with clothes for this trip. I'm all over the place size wise and I've bought the same pants in 3 sizes. Cray cray. The outlets were a zoo last weekend I can just imagine what they'll be like this weekend.

Oh and I slapped together a xmas card and ordered that. Not my best work but I wanted to make sure I had time to stuff them and mail them before we leave.

Last edited:
I am doing an ADR clean up. I grabbed a lot of BOG ADRs until I could make something work. Time to let them go to new homes!

'Ohana Dinner

Date: Sunday, November 27, 2016
Time: 9:10 PM
Guests: 2 Adults

Be Our Guest Lunch - QSR
Date: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Time: 1:00 PM

Be Our Guest Dinner
Date: Thursday, December 1, 2016
Time: 6:20 PM

Be Our Guest Lunch - QSR
Date: Saturday, December 3, 2016
Time: 1:30 PM

Gone! Be Our Guest Lunch - QSR
Date: Sunday, December 4, 2016
Time: 11:20 AM

Last edited:
I am doing an ADR clean up. I grabbed a lot of BOG ADRs until I could make something work. Time to let them go to new homes!

'Ohana Dinner

Date: Sunday, November 27, 2016
Time: 9:10 PM

Be Our Guest Lunch - QSR
Date: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Time: 1:00 PM

Be Our Guest Dinner
Date: Thursday, December 1, 2016
Time: 6:20 PM

Be Our Guest Lunch - QSR
Date: Saturday, December 3, 2016
Time: 1:30 PM

Be Our Guest Lunch - QSR
Date: Sunday, December 4, 2016
Time: 11:20 AM
Boy, I wish we had the same travel dates....you drop good stuff!!!

I'm a little disappointed that I never got my gift card from DVC. Back in September I got an offer in the mail offering a $25 disney gift card to call and get info on the DVC. I called, did the phone interview, got the stuff in the mail but never got the gift card. I called about 3 weeks ago asking if was sent and the CM told me it wasn't and she was submitting it again. Still no card. I should probably just give up hoping it'll be in my mailbox each day.

On another note I can join the "I got my magicbands" club. I got them yesterday and like everyone else they're smudged and scuffed a little. No big deal.

Today was clean up MDE day. I cancelled illuminations dessert party and one of the JBJB parties (I had 2 but I decided on which day would be better). I also had an extra yak and yeti to get rid of. I picked up a BOG breakfast for 12/9 but I don't know why because that is our HS day.

This weekend I have some returns to make at the outlets and I'm done with clothes for this trip. I'm all over the place size wise and I've bought the same pants in 3 sizes. Cray cray. The outlets were a zoo last weekend I can just imagine what they'll be like this weekend.

Oh and I slapped together a xmas card and ordered that. Not my best work but I wanted to make sure I had time to stuff them and mail them before we leave.
Christmas cards are on my post-trip to do list. Thinking a picture of Santa Goofy might just need to be included somehow!!!

That sounds like my family, but I do love a good Springer drama discussion!
You are TOO kind--and you inspire me with your positivity and kindness!

:o (blushing) That's very sweet and made my day! :) :flower3:

I imagine that with our trips getting so close, this will be a busy weekend!! Cheers to scratching things off/making dents in our to do lists! :-)

:o (blushing) That's very sweet and made my day! :) :flower3:

I imagine that with our trips getting so close, this will be a busy weekend!! Cheers to scratching things off/making dents in our to do lists! :-)
Hoping to get to a bigger Walmart today to get more clothes for Dd8 and a few pairs of stretchy gloves to be sure we have enough. Hope I'm not forgetting anything important!

I couldn't sleep last night so I got out of bed at 12:30am and went to the Disney website to make a dinner reservation for our December trip. DH wants a relaxing trip without a lot of things planned and I had planned a nice visit to Mizner Lounge at the GF, where we are staying, for drinks and appetizers. I've read that you can hear the orchestra playing from the lounge. But the lounge has been turned into a grab and go spot because Gasparilla's is closed for refurbishment. So I decided that we need a real sit down dinner on Sunday night. I spent some time last night checking out menus and settled on the Wave at the Contemporary. The restaurant has been getting good reviews lately and we liked the meal we had there a few years ago. So now we have two dinner ADR's for our four night trip. That leaves one night for dinner at Crews Cup Lounge at the YC and one night for the Territory Lounge at WL. Yak & Yetis is Monday night.

I hope everyone can post some mini trip updates once they are at Disney. I know that we will all be busy enjoying our trips. And I often avoid the internet when I am on vacation. But it would be fun to read how things are going for those of us you have a few spare moments to post something. :)

Talby....you rock!!!!:thanks:

Logged in at ten this morning and talby let me know that a better BOG time was open...and I got it! Just a little over an hour earlier than our original ADR, but it will fit our schedule so much better!
So now I have a BOG lunch to drop...lunch for two on 12/6 at 1:10....any takers???

I hope everyone can post some mini trip updates once they are at Disney. I know that we will all be busy enjoying our trips. And I often avoid the internet when I am on vacation. But it would be fun to read how things are going for those of us you have a few spare moments to post something. :)

You can count on me at least! Lol. Since I'll be traveling solo I'll have plenty of time to post updates while sitting down for snacks and meals and the like, lol.

Happy Saturday Disney fam! I am currently seated at the salon getting ready to get my funky oil slick dye job, woot! Can't wait to see the end results! The rest of the day will be spent cleaning so that next weekend I'll be good to go to set up Christmas decorations!

Last edited:
My Teepublic shirts for MVMCP finally shipped! I was starting to get a little nervous because I ordered them 5 days ago and hadn't heard any updates. Might start doing a little packing this weekend! I've been trying to get my fiancé to watch Tangled with me before we go because he's never seen it and he hasn't been too interested until last night when he asked me where the movie is, so we might finally watch it this weekend!

You can count on me at least! Lol. Since I'll be traveling solo I'll have plenty of time to post updates while sitting down for snacks and meals and the like, lol.

Happy Saturday Disney fam! I am currently seated at the salon getting ready to get my funky oil slick dye job, woot! Can't wait to see the end results! The rest of the day will be spent cleaning so that next weekend I'll be good to go to set up Christmas decorations!

I think that your arrival day is our departure day. It will be nice to read about your trip. It will extend the fun a little longer for me.

We have been busy cleaning out the basement. We have a huge dumpster in front of our house and we want to take advantage of it while we can.

We plan to start packing for Disney next weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter