***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

@Mal6586 that really sucks about universal! I agree with the others, if you could make another trip to head back to Universal, and add the extra day to Disney for this trip.

@Iowamomof4 you got this! No need to panic, just take your time and pace yourself, a little prep and packing each day

We go 11/26! :scared: I'm in a bit of a freak out over here. Just feels like there is so much to do and so little time, I'm almost frozen in panic. But, I'm sure it'll all work out.

Oh I know that feeling! Sort of spinning because there's so much to do and you don't know where to start!!o_O Are you a list maker? I'm trying something new for this trip, so I'm not sure how effective it is...But I'm taking my to do list and breaking it down. I'm working on assigning each item on the list to a particular day. Then it's not all floating around, if that makes any sense? Like...I don't have to worry about that TODAY, because I'm worrying about that on WEDNESDAY! haha It makes it feel more manageable to me, and slightly less overwhelming. Just an idea. :)

And even if you don't know how just yet, it WILL DEFINITELY all work out!! It's so exciting though how soon your trip is!! :cool1:

Oh no!!! I had heard about FJ a couple of days ago, but that is really expensive for the tickets!! Both Disney and United are almost forcing you to commit to multiple days because it brings down the cost so much. If you've already been there, could you go back for a 2 or 3 day trip after your friend gets the job?
That's what I'm thinking. We'll just do Universal another time when either he can help with tickets, or we can go for multiple days and spread the cost out some more. We talked with the rest of our travel party tonight. (My dad, stepmom, nieces, nephew, sister, and bro-in-law are with us that day.) I think we're all decided to just do another day in MK. It'll only be $15 each for roomie and I to upgrade to 5 day tickets, and it's cheaper for them by about $60 per person if we go that route.

That totally stinks. I would not pay that kind of money with the main ride down. How often do you go to Orlando? Do you think you could plan another trip to Universal alone at a later date? If it were me, I'd add another Disney day for the $15 each and use your savings towards a future trip or another fun Disney activity..
My thoughts exactly!

Oh I know that feeling! Sort of spinning because there's so much to do and you don't know where to start!!o_O Are you a list maker? I'm trying something new for this trip, so I'm not sure how effective it is...But I'm taking my to do list and breaking it down. I'm working on assigning each item on the list to a particular day. Then it's not all floating around, if that makes any sense? Like...I don't have to worry about that TODAY, because I'm worrying about that on WEDNESDAY! haha It makes it feel more manageable to me, and slightly less overwhelming. Just an idea. :)

And even if you don't know how just yet, it WILL DEFINITELY all work out!! It's so exciting though how soon your trip is!! :cool1:

Yep. I had/have 2 things that I need to get out of the way first:
1. Dentist. I have issues with going to the dentist and it was time for my cleaning and check up today. Got that done (phew!) and happily had no cavities. :)

2. Bug guy comes tomorrow (pest control). I have issues with strangers invading my castle (my home). I hate it and try really hard to make sure he comes during dh's lunch break so I can just go lock myself in our bedroom until he's gone. Once that's out of the way, hopefully I'll be able to focus on Disney again.

@Talby helped me get my BOG lunch ADR for Dec 6th. We had a successful ADR transfer. :woohoo:My husband doesn't know that I've got the reservation yet. He isn't a big fan of BOG. But I'll tell him that we are going to Disney Springs for a hot fudge sundae at Ghirardelli's later that day and he'll be fine with it.

We're planning to get some packing done on Thanksgiving weekend. It has been a really busy month and I'm really looking forward to the long weekend.

@Talby helped me get my BOG lunch ADR for Dec 6th. We had a successful ADR transfer. :woohoo:My husband doesn't know that I've got the reservation yet. He isn't a big fan of BOG. But I'll tell him that we are going to Disney Springs for a hot fudge sundae at Ghirardelli's later that day and he'll be fine with it.

We're planning to get some packing done on Thanksgiving weekend. It has been a really busy month and I'm really looking forward to the long weekend.

Yeah! So glad you go this and go @Talby for making this happen for woodnymph!!!

We're eating at BOG for lunch on the 6th...maybe we will see you there! Our ADR is for 1:10, but I keep trying to back it up to around noon with no success.

Oh yeah, I also talked to our neighbors today about snow blowing and generally watching the house and gave them our cell #'s and my sister's # (she's taking care of the kitties but will only come 3-4 times per week). I also got Dh's tracfone refilled so it's good to go. I went for a walk with my daughters as well. Dd8 was still capable of running when we returned, so I think she'll be okay at Disney. ;)

We go 11/26! :scared: I'm in a bit of a freak out over here. Just feels like there is so much to do and so little time, I'm almost frozen in panic. But, I'm sure it'll all work out.
Focus on ONE thing you can do. Do that. Find a NEXT thing you can do, etc. I get this was as well. I just tell myself, "focus on what I can do". It does help:thumbsup2

I can see I'm not needed here. . . :-)
Great ideas--I have told people to use lists, and break them up. VERY satisfying to cross something off the list! :banana:
Remember--anxiety actually gives us the energy to get things done and focus, as long as we use the energy constructively and not let it spin out of control!:dance3:
Even WDW can create panic. ::yes::

Great ideas--I have told people to use lists, and break them up. VERY satisfying to cross something off the list! :banana:
Remember--anxiety actually gives us the energy to get things done and focus, as long as we use the energy constructively and not let it spin out of control!:dance3:
I'm a big fan of lists. I take a few minutes on Sunday night to write down what I need to get done in the week. It works.

Yep. I had/have 2 things that I need to get out of the way first:
1. Dentist. I have issues with going to the dentist and it was time for my cleaning and check up today. Got that done (phew!) and happily had no cavities. :)

2. Bug guy comes tomorrow (pest control). I have issues with strangers invading my castle (my home). I hate it and try really hard to make sure he comes during dh's lunch break so I can just go lock myself in our bedroom until he's gone. Once that's out of the way, hopefully I'll be able to focus on Disney again.
Two huge things out of the way! I am calling pest control today if I didn't catch the mouse in the cellar!!! It is torturing our dog to hear it under the house. My son said, "the only mouse I like is Mickey!" I agree, hate feeling invaded.

That's our thing too; we're not big dessert eaters, but we LOVE apps. Makes the DDP not really worth it if we like that at Disney.

Hmm, depending on the time I may be interested in it. Let me know what you decide to do!

GRRRR, don't even get me started about FJ. :( I have to buy our Universal tickets this weekend; we're going to our local AAA office because they have discounted tix. Maybe you could check that out?
I'm still trying to add some people to it, but if I do cancel it, I will let you know so we can try and coordinate!

We're going 12/1-5; anyone looking to do a Memory Maker share?

I admit this trip is sneaking up on me, I'm very underprepared and plan on taking Thanksgiving weekend to make some final plans. We do have our FP+ reservations thanks to our TA along with 2 ADRs, but plan on bringing food in for the remainder and eating breakfast in the room. This is my first trip in 16 years, DH hasn't been in longer than that, and we're celebrating my son's 5th birthday on this trip (even though it's 12/22).

To do:

Autograph book (need to figure out what to do and get it made)
Map out days (should be getting info from the TA in the mail soon)
Put a hard stop break in on day 1 since we're doing MVMCP.
Make plans to meet up with an old friend from HS to have our kids swim together and we can catch up.
Figure out whether or not we're going to JBJB
Hit up the dollar store for ponchos, just in case. Already have glow sticks.
Read up and make notes on everything else I don't know.

I leave 11/26 and I, along with the rest of you, am in total panic mode.

I'm sure everything will be fine! I'm not a list makers. In fact lists actually give me anxiety.

@Talby 'Ohana sounds like a wise choice. Personally I'm a big fan of SOA but I think it's a nostalgia thing. I went several times as a kid and have taken my kids.

Glad today is Friday!

We're eating at BOG for lunch on the 6th...maybe we will see you there! Our ADR is for 1:10, but I keep trying to back it up to around noon with no success.
I'm grateful to Talby for finding the BOG ADR since we didn't have any reservation for it. But you should be able to find a better time as you get closer to your trip date. We've been to Disney a lot lately and all kinds of hard to get ADRs will be available in the days beforehand. And sometimes the CMs will let you in early. :)

I remember a friend in college saying that he always got more done when he was busy then when he had plenty of time. I call it being highly motivated. ;)

Here we go, rant time.

Just found out Universal increased ticket prices on Tuesday. 1 day Park to Park now $160+tax for the date we were going. Also, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is on refurb from Dec 1-18. Trying to figure out if a train ride and the one Harry Potter ride I haven't done before are worth $170 when I could just add a day onto our Disney tickets for like $15 each. Y'all, I am so mad. Plus, my local friend who worked through Halloween Horror Nights and got hired on afterward doesn't start his new position at Islands of Adventure until Dec 20. Why? Because his new job is at HP&tFJ! UGHHHHHHH. So we probably couldn't get any comp tickets or discounts because he's not working yet, and now the prices are higher AND one of the big two rides to ride is down. ***???? :furious:
I know! It's a major disappointment. But, there are many other rides we're looking forward too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter