***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Ikr? I'm not sure what to expect with disney food. We usually cruise and cruise food I find is great! (Buffet is meh but we don't eat buffet often)
It's good but since we eat out a lot, it's good but not spectacular food-wise. Atmosphere is definitely very unique and great :) Mind you, I have not gone for 4 years and DH was spoiled by Las Vegas and Chicago the same year we went. Might have clouded our judgement. :)

so roll call on who is still tweaking ADRs?
I still have a bunch of backups I can't let go. Not sure what i am hoping for though lol.
I've got two I'd like to move one hour, but they're going to be tough to get. I have a 5:20 at H&V on 12/5...then a F! fp...would like to move that to 4:30 or 5:00 to make sure we have enough time. If not, it's only two adults...I'm sure we can finish a buffet in an hour if we have to.
Then I have BOG lunch at 1:10 on 12/6...would like to move that to around 12:00. Dinner is at 5:30 so we can be done before MVMCP. Would like more time between lunch and dinner. Not a big deal. We are only planning a small dinner, leaving room for the mickey pants sundae around 10:00.

Move to Charlottesville...lots of meh here! We do have a few really good pricey places, but the mid-range restaurants are meh. We do have the BEST bagels outside of NYC!!
Ohh, I'm glad we actually have quite a bit of good low to mid price places here in Toronto. Lots of places popping up lately too, trying to keep up with New York. LOL! Plus, I can't live without good cheap Asian food so I'll stay here, LOL! :)

:wave2: Hello DIS friends!

I finally have a moment to log in and catch up! On the non Disney front, I've got everything done for DD's class. The program is adorable! Thanksgiving is coming along great too!

It's official, we cancelled our JBJB party for 11/30. I saw the Disney Food Blog post about it, and I knew then it wasn't something I wanted to spend $200+ on. My checking account will be please!

I've got the preliminary stuff packed. I need to do a large Target run today, and then we'll be set!

12 days!

I still have a bunch of backups I can't let go. Not sure what i am hoping for though lol.

I felt like a hoarder and let most of my backups go. The only extra one I'm still holding is breakfast on our last day. I had cape may for 6 and then snagged ohana for 6 ppl. I want to do the ohana but haven't dropped the cape may because my friend hasn't confirmed the switch is ok with her.

The only thing I'm still seardhing is Chef Mickey. I got a 6:55 and I have a touring plan set to see if i could snag a few minutes later. We want to see the frozen castle lighting (moved from 6:15 to 6:30) and I'm worried my crew will be too slow walking even with the 15 minute ADR grace. If I can snag one at 7:05 I'll be happier but if not we'll walk fast!

I finally have a moment to log in and catch up! On the non Disney front, I've got everything done for DD's class. The program is adorable! Thanksgiving is coming along great too!

It's official, we cancelled our JBJB party for 11/30. I saw the Disney Food Blog post about it, and I knew then it wasn't something I wanted to spend $200+ on. My checking account will be please!

I've got the preliminary stuff packed. I need to do a large Target run today, and then we'll be set!

12 days!
Back when I was taking my whole family, I know I'd never pay $200+ for a dessert party. For that kind of money, we'd better be having an entire meal, preferably with a giant mouse!!!

I felt like a hoarder and let most of my backups go. The only extra one I'm still holding is breakfast on our last day. I had cape may for 6 and then snagged ohana for 6 ppl. I want to do the ohana but haven't dropped the cape may because my friend hasn't confirmed the switch is ok with her.

The only thing I'm still seardhing is Chef Mickey. I got a 6:55 and I have a touring plan set to see if i could snag a few minutes later. We want to see the frozen castle lighting (moved from 6:15 to 6:30) and I'm worried my crew will be too slow walking even with the 15 minute ADR grace. If I can snag one at 7:05 I'll be happier but if not we'll walk fast!
Hey...our last meal is at Cape May! Minnie over Stitch in this house....but I think Ohana does have better food....haven't been to either...just my impression from reading the boards. Besides, I'd prefer the family style at Ohana to the buffet at Cape May. But, alas, it's got to be Minnie Mouse for this group.

Back when I was taking my whole family, I know I'd never pay $200+ for a dessert party. For that kind of money, we'd better be having an entire meal, preferably with a giant mouse!!!
It's crazy! Plus, with DD2 now, there isn't any way she'd do well in a setting like that. The girl is on the move! We'll be watching from afar. :)

12 days!
12 more days for us too! It looks like we have similar plans as you.... split stay with YC and AKL!

Hey...our last meal is at Cape May! Minnie over Stitch in this house....but I think Ohana does have better food....haven't been to either...just my impression from reading the boards. Besides, I'd prefer the family style at Ohana to the buffet at Cape May. But, alas, it's got to be Minnie Mouse for this group.

I've never eaten at cape may but have eaten at ohana (before kids) and liked it. We started with Chef Mickey brunch on our departure date but had to cancel it due to us deciding to take the auto train home. At that point the only thing I could find for 6 ppl was cape may. But then a month or so ago I found the ohana.

We are doing tons of character meals (at least one per day, yes it's overboard!) and this would be the first time to see stitch. I figure we'll see Minnie at Chef Mickey. We would have seen Goofy and Donald at Chef Mickey and Tusker. Plus with the littles I prefer family style so I don't have to manage the kids and buffet plates.

We'll see what my friend says.

Yep, I am. Not sure why though. Mentally I've ruled out ROL...but then I heard something about Disney showing it to Execs last night. :sad2:
I actually am contemplating my Garden Grill CP lunch on 12/5. DH and I agreed to that, but I know he really wanted to do Biergarten or Coral Reef because we'd never been to either of those restaurants. I nixed Coral Reef because it was a little more expensive (and the menu doesn't seem very big) and I nixed Biergarten because I don't think I'll like the food. Now I'm feeling guilty because I've gone a little overboard on this trip and there wasn't much he asked for. I'm contemplating switching to one of those places if I can keep the 5:00 CP show and if it's around noon like our current ADR, and surprising him.
We're eating at BOG that night for dinner so I didn't want food similar to what we'd get there (likely steak..which is what I'd probably get at Coral Reef.)

Yep, I am. Not sure why though. Mentally I've ruled out ROL...but then I heard something about Disney showing it to Execs last night. :sad2:
I actually am contemplating my Garden Grill CP lunch on 12/5. DH and I agreed to that, but I know he really wanted to do Biergarten or Coral Reef because we'd never been to either of those restaurants. I nixed Coral Reef because it was a little more expensive (and the menu doesn't seem very big) and I nixed Biergarten because I don't think I'll like the food. Now I'm feeling guilty because I've gone a little overboard on this trip and there wasn't much he asked for. I'm contemplating switching to one of those places if I can keep the 5:00 CP show and if it's around noon like our current ADR, and surprising him.
We're eating at BOG that night for dinner so I didn't want food similar to what we'd get there (likely steak..which is what I'd probably get at Coral Reef.)

The latest I'm hearing (over on wdwmagic) is December opening. I'm preparing to hit up either Disney Springs or Epcot emh after we're done at AK on 11/29. Ds15 wants to stay at AK til closing because of how empty the park supposedly gets. He loves riding EE over and over and over and over...

WOOT WOOT! :yay: Touring Plan strikes again!! I swear, it NEVER gets old to snag a stalked ADR! Just got a 3:50 'Ohana dinner for our last day! :banana: There's a but! lol

I know there's no shortage of great opinions here, so I'm hoping I can get some from you guys. Could you pretty please with a Mickey bar on top help me think through plan A and plan B? This is for our last park day, a Saturday, and we plan on MK all day.

Plan A
CP at 10:15
Spirit of Aloha 5:15 dinner show
Wishes Dessert Party*

Plan B
CP at 10:15
'Ohana 3:50
Wishes Dessert Party*

*I stole @Lisa F's sorta recent great idea to get a dessert party for this night to be sure we have good Wishes viewing considering it's a Saturday.

I'm a little torn between 'Ohana and SOA. What should I consider to help make this decision? :scratchin:scratchin:scratchin

This is probably it for tweaking ADRs! :badpc: (Hmmm...that sounds familiar, like maybe I made a really big deal about being done before??:lmao:) I do have a couple extra Yak and Yeti's, completely dependent on what RoL does. I feel hopeful about RoL though. Like everyone, I'm hoping those much-discussed soft openings really ARE right around the corner!! :flower1:

That would be a sweet surprise! I read somewhere that Biergarten smells like sauerkraut...I have never been, but that would be a HUGE problem for me. Maybe someone else in the group has experience eating there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter