***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I probably shouldn't say this, but depending how many character meals you have- it may be worth it to cut one out for that.

If not, then that gives you the perfect excuse to return to KW another time :)

Look for deals..on almost everything. I.e sunset cruises, jet ski your, etc Sometimes you can get them!

So, I just had to tell you, I was talking to my awesome, enabler boyfriend tonight, lol, and telling him all about how awesome the Dry Tortugas sound but that I thought the excursion was too expensive to add onto our trip, and he totally was like we absolutely should do that! We saved a bit already in the hotel area so it's totally justified. So, it looks like we'll be going! :love::cool1::hyper:

Well the kid said he was "ok with" SSR but really wished we could stay at AKL. So yesterday I'm looking at availability and there is a 1 bedroom standard at jambo available. I'm sitting there considering whether I want it (I can spend the points for one day, that is not the problem - more that a 1br is way too much for the two of us and who wants to downgrade after your first night to a studio? lol) while I am thinking about it and dealing with stuff at work, it disappears and I'm thinking oh well, still have SSR. But a couple of minutes later a standard studio pops up. I'm guessing whoever snagged the 1br dropped the studio because EVERYTHING else except for SSR is booked completely solid. So, I snagged it.

I can't believe we are moving twice but honestly was planning to spend that night in a hotel anyway, just near the airport. Won't unpack at all, I will just put complete outfits and pjs at the top of the suitcase and close that back up again. Too bad it's not a savannah view but we won't be there til after dark anyway so I think we will just have dinner at boma, look at some animals with the night vision glasses and enjoy the christmas decorations and have a very low key evening after a long day of travel. It is probably better to do that than walk around disney springs!

So, I just had to tell you, I was talking to my awesome, enabler boyfriend tonight, lol, and telling him all about how awesome the Dry Tortugas sound but that I thought the excursion was too expensive to add onto our trip, and he totally was like we absolutely should do that! We saved a bit already in the hotel area so it's totally justified. So, it looks like we'll be going! :love::cool1::hyper:
Wonderful!!! Oh my gosh you won't regret it! Honestly, the price is steep, but it is worth it. How many times does one get to go to an island miles and miles off the coast? :). It's such a beautiful place. Even the boat ride there is incredible.

We got rained out (stormed out more accurately) last year. I was devastated, my son had never been -and he practiced snorkeling, learned the story of the fort, and about the marine life we would see all summer in preparation. Next time I'm putting it in the beginning of our trip to be safe!

The only positive- it is refundable if is cancelled due to weather. (But only if the boat never leaves KW)

Anyway, I'm so excited for you!!

Wonderful!!! Oh my gosh you won't regret it! Honestly, the price is steep, but it is worth it. How many times does one get to go to an island miles and miles off the coast? :).

I live on one. it gets old quick ;) (ok not miles and miles and I just had to deal with an annoying and difficult ferry situation but....)

Well sheesh! I've missed a lot. I came on the board just to check it out. I had been receiving emails about postings on the board and then haven't after the weekend. I've been thinking all this time that nothing new has been posted.

I'm still trying to narrow down our plans. Mostly, which day at which park. I wish the schedules would come out. I guess that won't happen until after my ADR date anyway. So I need to get on it. I've also decided to leave Friday. Really wanting to start early on Saturday. We just have a 7 hour drive, so we'll drive most of the way Friday, that way we won't be driving all day Saturday.

Well sheesh! I've missed a lot. I came on the board just to check it out. I had been receiving emails about postings on the board and then haven't after the weekend. I've been thinking all this time that nothing new has been posted.

I'm still trying to narrow down our plans. Mostly, which day at which park. I wish the schedules would come out. I guess that won't happen until after my ADR date anyway. So I need to get on it. I've also decided to leave Friday. Really wanting to start early on Saturday. We just have a 7 hour drive, so we'll drive most of the way Friday, that way we won't be driving all day Saturday.
It can be hard to nail down each day because Disney changes things all the time! I find it quite annoying! Just be flexible and you'll be good!

It can be hard to nail down each day because Disney changes things all the time! I find it quite annoying! Just be flexible and you'll be good!
It's true, there are so many moving targets. That said, everyone else is in the same boat and will be scrambling to shift around so that ups your chances of getting what you want lol

It's true, there are so many moving targets. That said, everyone else is in the same boat and will be scrambling to shift around so that ups your chances of getting what you want lol
The only two things that are nailed in stone for us is MVMCP Dec 1st and Kennedy Space Center Dec 4th.

I really really need to figure out our ADR situation. I thought we were set, but apparently not.

June 2nd is rapidly approaching!

The only two things that are nailed in stone for us is MVMCP Dec 1st and Kennedy Space Center Dec 4th.

I really really need to figure out our ADR situation. I thought we were set, but apparently not.

Mine has been set about 10 times and for months lol. still tweaking.....

I'm glad I'm not the only one still tweaking..... I keep laying out ideas in my head and really love them, then change my mind. I think I'll just write it out on paper and then post it here. That'll give me some accountability.

I still tweak it every now and then after the 180 mark.

I won't have that flexibility now that I'm booking dining for a party of 12! :faint:

Same here! June 6 for me... but I seem to have changes everyday... :badpc:

On that note, I'm looking to switch some dining on my first full day and head to MK in the morning before taking an afternoon break...

So question 1: My options for lunch are WCC or Kona or Grand Floridian Cafe or Sanaa. Which would you prefer?

Question 2: Any speculations about ROL dining package? Will it just be Tiffins and Tusker House? I can't decide whether to do a dining package or just a Fastpass+??!?

Same here! June 6 for me... but I seem to have changes everyday... :badpc:

On that note, I'm looking to switch some dining on my first full day and head to MK in the morning before taking an afternoon break...

So question 1: My options for lunch are WCC or Kona or Grand Floridian Cafe or Sanaa. Which would you prefer?

Question 2: Any speculations about ROL dining package? Will it just be Tiffins and Tusker House? I can't decide whether to do a dining package or just a Fastpass+??!?
How is Sanaa on that list? :rotfl:

there was pricing accidentally released for TH so that seems for sure, also Flame Tree. Not sure about Tiffin. waiting for menu on that place, it may or may not be on my list.

I have like 7 character meals booked and asked my kid what meal he is most looking forward to. of the ones he's been to before: CA Grill. Of the new ones: Narcoossees. whut???

my famly and I will be there Nov 29 - Dec 6 . We wont be there with Pop Warner, we are going with Dance the magic, which might be just as bad as Pop, but our girls look more graceful being loud and crazy. We will be staying at POR

Last edited:
How is Sanaa on that list? :rotfl:

there was pricing accidentally released for TH so that seems for sure, also Flame Tree. Not sure about Tiffin. waiting for menu on that place, it may or may not be on my list.

I have like 7 character meals booked and asked my kid what meal he is most looking forward to. of the ones he's been to before: CA Grill. Of the new ones: Narcoossees. whut???

Wow 7 character meals? What are they? I think I have 5 and BOG. Haha

Sanaa was on the list because we are going back to AKL for a break. :) I think I would stick with that :)

Where would u put in Narcoosee's?

Wow 7 character meals? What are they? I think I have 5 and BOG. Haha

Sanaa was on the list because we are going back to AKL for a break. :) I think I would stick with that :)

Where would u put in Narcoosee's?
first day Tusker House breakfast
second day none
third day maybe Chef Mickey's breakfast
definitely H&V dinner (kiddo just reaffirmed he wants to do this meal - I was hoping to swap cm for H&V and do mama melrose instead, maybe still will... two meh in one day may be too much for me lol)
4th day cape may breakfast
5th day garden grill breakfast
6th day ohana breakfast (may do that on the H&V dinner day and do kona this day instead, paying OOP at this point in the trip... but if I want to do chef mickey's a non park day under DxDDP is best time to do it so just not sure)
7th day CP breakfast
8th day room service breakfast before leaving.

first day Tusker House breakfast
second day none
third day maybe Chef Mickey's breakfast
definitely H&V dinner (kiddo just reaffirmed he wants to do this meal - I was hoping to swap cm for H&V and do mama melrose instead, maybe still will... two meh in one day may be too much for me lol)
4th day cape may breakfast
5th day garden grill breakfast
6th day ohana breakfast (may do that on the H&V dinner day and do kona this day instead, paying OOP at this point in the trip... but if I want to do chef mickey's a non park day under DxDDP is best time to do it so just not sure)
7th day CP breakfast
8th day room service breakfast before leaving.

Wow, that's quite a line up! I'm not too far off in terms of number but I've switched my Tusker House to dinner. I have Akershus breakfast too (not sure about this but it's a different experience and I do see positive reviews for breakfast...) :) I guess good luck to us on ADR day! :) When is your ADR day?

Just bought our flights down! It killed me to do it, because the price was a little (ok, a lot!) higher than I wanted, and it looked like the plane was really open still...but we need 6 tickets, 4 for kids ages 11 and under. We had to make sure we could be together. But DH and I got a good laugh. We just filled 10% of the plane with our family! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter