***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Does anyone know when will the Dec hours be released? There seems to be so many dining options, its so hard to choose! I'm especially interested in the Disney Springs restaurants... :P

Hello Everyone!

DH and I will be at WDW 11/24-12/3, staying at Pop 11/24-11/26 then moving over to OKW for the rest of the trip. It's our Honeymoon and DH has never been before! I havent been since be Magic Bands and FP+ so I think this is the hardest trip I have had to plan, plus with all the new things coming on line and the uncertainty with crowd calendars. :scared:

Ive got a rough sketch of a plan, but waiting for December hours to finish them up. Im concerned about dinner the day we arrive since its Thanksgiving day, and Im sure a lot of things will be filled up, then again, its been so long I will be happy with popcorn and corndogs on Main Street.
are you going to a park the day you arrive?

Does anyone know when will the Dec hours be released? There seems to be so many dining options, its so hard to choose! I'm especially interested in the Disney Springs restaurants... :P
Hopefully soon!!! My 180 days is coming up shortly..but I'm planning on a CP dining package for Black Friday..so can't do anything concrete :(

Do you recommend that I just book a restaurant, and then try to switch when package becomes available?
i'm too anal not to. esp how busy it will be that day! it may not be ultimately helpful but... i'm sure they are holding inventory back for the packages.

are you going to a park the day you arrive?

We arrive at MCO at 11am, so I figure head to MK for a short visit and either try for a restaurant at one of the MK resorts or head over to Disney Springs. We are planning on heading to POR to see Yehaa Bob's show. Didnt like Boatwrights too much the last time I was there, so not using that as an option.

We arrive at MCO at 11am, so I figure head to MK for a short visit and either try for a restaurant at one of the MK resorts or head over to Disney Springs. We are planning on heading to POR to see Yehaa Bob's show. Didnt like Boatwrights too much the last time I was there, so not using that as an option.
well I was going to suggest if you want traditional tgiving dinner, the wave or grand floridian cafe or something like that might be nice, they get pretty good reviews and might be less hectic.

well I was going to suggest if you want traditional tgiving dinner, the wave or grand floridian cafe or something like that might be nice, they get pretty good reviews and might be less hectic.

Both of those are on my list, as well as WCC, it will be a good reason to head over to WL and see the place decorated. I have stayed there for Christmas before and loved it, so it will be nice to go back, even with the construction. We are stuck to having a traditional dinner, I have been told that I will need to make turkey and all the trimmings for Christmas, so we can go without while at WDW. Raglan Road and The Boathouse are on the list also, so many choices at Disney Springs will be open so I am guessing it might be easier there too.

Both of those are on my list, as well as WCC, it will be a good reason to head over to WL and see the place decorated. I have stayed there for Christmas before and loved it, so it will be nice to go back, even with the construction. We are stuck to having a traditional dinner, I have been told that I will need to make turkey and all the trimmings for Christmas, so we can go without while at WDW. Raglan Road and The Boathouse are on the list also, so many choices at Disney Springs will be open so I am guessing it might be easier there too.
I think they pretty much all serve traditional dinner in addition to regular menu so you don't have to compromise to get both.

I think they pretty much all serve traditional dinner in addition to regular menu so you don't have to compromise to get both.

That will be good, since I've never been at Thanksgiving and most everyone will have a head start on their ADRs Im a little worried. Im sure it will be fine in the end though.

I would eat filet over turkey any day of the week lol
That will be good, since I've never been at Thanksgiving and most everyone will have a head start on their ADRs Im a little worried. Im sure it will be fine in the end though.
oh did I miss something? are you not booked yet? lol I can't keep track of my own life!

I just realize my ADR date (even if I'm in limbo still :sad1:) is June 6!!! That's now less than a month!! :scared: and I keep flip flopping on my dining choices... :rolleyes: It's me, DH and DS2... I'm hoping you all can give me some feedback on my plan in progress...

Dec 1- arrive at Orlando around 2pm (staying at RPR)

Dinner- Vivo Italian Kitchen

Dec 2
Breakfast- Universal Character Breakfast at Cafe La Bamba
Lunch- Harry Potter QS (whichever park we would be in)
Dinner Cowfish
Dessert - Toothsome Chocolate Emporium?

Dec 3- moving from RPR to AKL late afternoon (4ish)/ DxDP
Late breakfast- Grinch & Friends
QS Lunch
Dinner- Tiffins (7pm) 4 credits

Dec 4- Animal Kingdom, break after lunch
Lunch- Tusker House (11:30am) ROL package, hopefully 2 credits
Dinner- Yak and Yeti (6pm) 2 credits

Dec 5- EPCOT/ DHS
Breakfast - Akershus (9am?) 2 credits
Lunch- snack around WS
Dinner- Minnie's Holiday Dine F! (4ish) 2 credits

Dec 6- moving to CR, go to DS after checking out and head back to CR around 3pm and break before dinner
Lunch- Morimoto or another DS restaurant (12nn) 2 credits
Dinner- Narcoosee's (8pm) hoping to watch Xmas fireworks 4 credits

Dec 7- EPCOT
Lunch- Biergarten (11:30am)
Dinner- Coral Reef (6pm)

Dec 8- MVMCP
Breakfast- Kona (9:30am-10am)
Dinner- BOG (4ish)

Dec 9- DS break then DHS
Lunch- Raglan Road/ STK/ other DS restaurant - so hard to decide!!! (11:30am)
Dinner- 50s (6pm)

Dec 10- EPCOT, break then AK
Breakfast- Garden Grill (8am)
Lunch- Tokyo Dining (1pm)
Dinner- Flame Tree BBQ

Dec 11- MK... thinking for something special on our last night... sleigh ride maybe? or just sleep early...
Breakfast- Crystal Palace (8am)
Lunch- QS or LTT
Dinner- Ohana (5pm or 6pm)

Dec 12- home :(, flight will be around 2pm, private car to airport
Breakfast- Grand Floridian Cafe (9am?)

I know I stuck in quite a bit with a 2 year old but I feel like my 2 year old can handle it (at least he seems fine now and we eat out every week...). :rolleyes: I also feel table service would be easier with a child.

Somehow I feel like I do not have enough MK days?! I'm lost... so any help would be appreciated. :worship: then I can tweak my plans... AGAIN! :santa:

I probably shouldn't say this, but depending how many character meals you have- it may be worth it to cut one out for that.

If not, then that gives you the perfect excuse to return to KW another time :)

Look for deals..on almost everything. I.e sunset cruises, jet ski your, etc Sometimes you can get them!

Ugh, we don't even have any character meals planned this time, lol. I'm seriously gonna try my best to work it into the budget, because I really really want to do it. But we'll see, and if not, there's always next time!

I would eat filet over turkey any day of the week lol

oh did I miss something? are you not booked yet? lol I can't keep track of my own life!

Oh, we are booked, flights have been been purchased rooms paid for, we are just arriving on Thanksgiving day, so other will have had a head start on ADRs.

Has anyone heard anything about the Sense of Africa Tour? I know its pricey, but I would really like to do it.

I just realize my ADR date (even if I'm in limbo still :sad1:) is June 6!!! That's now less than a month!! :scared: and I keep flip flopping on my dining choices... :rolleyes: It's me, DH and DS2... I'm hoping you all can give me some feedback on my plan in progress...

Dec 1- arrive at Orlando around 2pm (staying at RPR)

Dinner- Vivo Italian Kitchen

Dec 2
Breakfast- Universal Character Breakfast at Cafe La Bamba
Lunch- Harry Potter QS (whichever park we would be in)
Dinner Cowfish
Dessert - Toothsome Chocolate Emporium?

Dec 3- moving from RPR to AKL late afternoon (4ish)/ DxDP
Late breakfast- Grinch & Friends
QS Lunch
Dinner- Tiffins (7pm) 4 credits

Dec 4- Animal Kingdom, break after lunch
Lunch- Tusker House (11:30am) ROL package, hopefully 2 credits
Dinner- Yak and Yeti (6pm) 2 credits

Dec 5- EPCOT/ DHS
Breakfast - Akershus (9am?) 2 credits
Lunch- snack around WS
Dinner- Minnie's Holiday Dine F! (4ish) 2 credits

Dec 6- moving to CR, go to DS after checking out and head back to CR around 3pm and break before dinner
Lunch- Morimoto or another DS restaurant (12nn) 2 credits
Dinner- Narcoosee's (8pm) hoping to watch Xmas fireworks 4 credits

Dec 7- EPCOT
Lunch- Biergarten (11:30am)
Dinner- Coral Reef (6pm)

Dec 8- MVMCP
Breakfast- Kona (9:30am-10am)
Dinner- BOG (4ish)

Dec 9- DS break then DHS
Lunch- Raglan Road/ STK/ other DS restaurant - so hard to decide!!! (11:30am)
Dinner- 50s (6pm)

Dec 10- EPCOT, break then AK
Breakfast- Garden Grill (8am)
Lunch- Tokyo Dining (1pm)
Dinner- Flame Tree BBQ

Dec 11- MK... thinking for something special on our last night... sleigh ride maybe? or just sleep early...
Breakfast- Crystal Palace (8am)
Lunch- QS or LTT
Dinner- Ohana (5pm or 6pm)

Dec 12- home :(, flight will be around 2pm, private car to airport
Breakfast- Grand Floridian Cafe (9am?)

I know I stuck in quite a bit with a 2 year old but I feel like my 2 year old can handle it (at least he seems fine now and we eat out every week...). :rolleyes: I also feel table service would be easier with a child.

Somehow I feel like I do not have enough MK days?! I'm lost... so any help would be appreciated. :worship: then I can tweak my plans... AGAIN! :santa:
I am still tweaking my plans (as you know). I find TS restaurants are good breaks for kids who do well at restaurants (some don't). I often see happy kids sitting in a seat eating goldfish crackers, smiling at everyone etc... My kiddo is old enough now that I can talk to him about things and although I won't do things just because he says so, I do like to take his wishes into consideration. When i was on the fence about DxDDP vs. regular DDP he told me "mom I like to go to waiter restaurants better than line restaurants." They do take a bit longer but we are doing MOSTLY buffets and there is no waiting for him there... the flow is great between food and characters, nothing is dragging. But I think you already knew all that, lol.

Right now I have a room at SSR our first night because nothing else was available. There are so many new DS restaurants popping up I wonder if I should keep it, or wait list for AKL (either jambo or kidani) or wait list for grand floridian villas (a very very slim chance i'd get it but hey, you never know right? lol). But part of me is thinking hm just stay near disney springs and enjoy the relative down day before diving into the real vacation the next day. But now I am turning your question into something about me, lol.

You know you have some overlap with me, esp for that hollywood and vine!I think you just need to tweak and tweak and tweak until you run out of things to tweak!

Oh, we are booked, flights have been been purchased rooms paid for, we are just arriving on Thanksgiving day, so other will have had a head start on ADRs.

Has anyone heard anything about the Sense of Africa Tour? I know its pricey, but I would really like to do it.
oh oh I see... sorry! Others will have a head start BUT I'd be shocked if every restaurant was completely booked up by 180 days out. You just have to book with the rifraf staying offsite lol. I think that the "second tier deluxe" restaurants tend to book up last but still have some of the best food. Forget getting BoG or Ohana or anything super popular but I bet you would still have LOTS of great choices.

I am still tweaking my plans (as you know). I find TS restaurants are good breaks for kids who do well at restaurants (some don't). I often see happy kids sitting in a seat eating goldfish crackers, smiling at everyone etc... My kiddo is old enough now that I can talk to him about things and although I won't do things just because he says so, I do like to take his wishes into consideration. When i was on the fence about DxDDP vs. regular DDP he told me "mom I like to go to waiter restaurants better than line restaurants." They do take a bit longer but we are doing MOSTLY buffets and there is no waiting for him there... the flow is great between food and characters, nothing is dragging. But I think you already knew all that, lol.

Right now I have a room at SSR our first night because nothing else was available. There are so many new DS restaurants popping up I wonder if I should keep it, or wait list for AKL (either jambo or kidani) or wait list for grand floridian villas (a very very slim chance i'd get it but hey, you never know right? lol). But part of me is thinking hm just stay near disney springs and enjoy the relative down day before diving into the real vacation the next day. But now I am turning your question into something about me, lol.

You know you have some overlap with me, esp for that hollywood and vine!I think you just need to tweak and tweak and tweak until you run out of things to tweak!

:thanks:We are the same page on the TS restaurants, I feel it's a good break and a nice way to see characters without waiting in line. I think the other thing I really need to keep in mind while tweaking plans is to take my DH into consideration. I think I most restaurants are not a repeat from our 2012 trip. I guess it's a hard balance of what the adults will like and what DS2 will like. Plus I need to sprinkle Asian food throughout the trip since that is basically comfort food for my 2 boys! :teeth:

I don't have the 2nd Hollywood and Vine anymore. I decided just to line up to see Disney Junior characters. :) I was considering Pirates and Pals Cruise but there's just no time... pirate:

I think wherever in Disney is a good start! LOL I think Disney Springs has a lot of food to offer. So if you arrive in the afternoon, it should be a great way to relax into your trip as well as get a good meal. AK is also a great way to start since there is plenty of new nighttime activities now. Sanaa is also a restaurant I was considering but could not fit in! (too many things to try! :rolleyes1). Of course, MK (if you get Grand Floridian) is a great way to start a vacation no matter how you look at it! :)

Hopefully soon!!! My 180 days is coming up shortly..but I'm planning on a CP dining package for Black Friday..so can't do anything concrete :(

I would just leave that meal open when making ADRs and book everything else and then once the CP package becomes available book it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter