• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

OMG, I love this thread... my plans are in limbo but planning a trip with DH and DS2 on Dec 1-3 RPR, Dec 3-6 AKL with DxDP, Dec6-12 CR... I sure hope we can go! :)
haha i was going to direct you over here but it was too many steps and my phone kept ringing to distract me. I'm glad you found it! I hope it works out for you to go!!

Well.... I think I have pretty much just decided to extend my trip by one day on the front end for a travel day. if I am pulling the kid out of school for a week, what's one more friday, right? Rather than taking the 6:30am flight on Saturday I'm thinking of taking the 1:25pm flight on Friday that gets in at 4:20. There is no way I can get another day at BWV now but I'm thinking I don't want to because then it would give me an extra day of deluxe dining I don't want to use lol.

I'm thinking of flying in on Friday and spending one night at saratoga springs... we'll probably get there around lateish dinner time, and can get our wolfgang puck express on OOP and then we'l have a FULL day at animal kingdom the next day rather than getting up in the middle of the night and flying in on a 6:30am flight and starting our vacation exhausted (but excited).

THEN with that full day at AK we can make the day before the xmas party a resort day if we want and swim in the poly pool if the weather is ok. We'd have the option to go to AK if we wanted to or even MK, but it would just be super flexible depending on how we feel on the second to last day of our trip.

It means 3 different resorts in the trip but at the same time SSR would just be a place to lay our heads the very first night, we will get in dinnertime and head over to AK first thing in the morning.

Then I can do TH for breakfast and Yak n Yeti for dinner... or even Tiffin for dinner if the menu seems interesting. MUCH more flexibility both at the beginning of the trip and at the end. It will probably result in me wasting one parkhopper day but oh well.

Opinions? I need someone to enable me.

Well.... I think I have pretty much just decided to extend my trip by one day on the front end for a travel day. if I am pulling the kid out of school for a week, what's one more friday, right? Rather than taking the 6:30am flight on Saturday I'm thinking of taking the 1:25pm flight on Friday that gets in at 4:20. There is no way I can get another day at BWV now but I'm thinking I don't want to because then it would give me an extra day of deluxe dining I don't want to use lol.

I'm thinking of flying in on Friday and spending one night at saratoga springs... we'll probably get there around lateish dinner time, and can get our wolfgang puck express on OOP and then we'l have a FULL day at animal kingdom the next day rather than getting up in the middle of the night and flying in on a 6:30am flight and starting our vacation exhausted (but excited).

THEN with that full day at AK we can make the day before the xmas party a resort day if we want and swim in the poly pool if the weather is ok. We'd have the option to go to AK if we wanted to or even MK, but it would just be super flexible depending on how we feel on the second to last day of our trip.

It means 3 different resorts in the trip but at the same time SSR would just be a place to lay our heads the very first night, we will get in dinnertime and head over to AK first thing in the morning.

Then I can do TH for breakfast and Yak n Yeti for dinner... or even Tiffin for dinner if the menu seems interesting. MUCH more flexibility both at the beginning of the trip and at the end. It will probably result in me wasting one parkhopper day but oh well.

Opinions? I need someone to enable me.
Alright, I'll be an enabler.. ;)

I originally extended my trip by 1 day for a view..and then decided to add another for Epcot.. So I completely understand. You have a great plan, and will be better to start the next morning fresh and energized!

Alright, I'll be an enabler.. ;)

I originally extended my trip by 1 day for a view..and then decided to add another for Epcot.. So I completely understand. You have a great plan, and will be better to start the next morning fresh and energized!
That's what I'm thinking! We'd get there at dinnertime and I started counting backward and we'd have to leave on the 8:15 ferry to get to the airport on time for the flight. that is a long day of travel, and I am trying to cram that into a morning before noon? Nuts (although I'd take the ferry the night before and drive up to the airport and stay at a hotel there but still, getting up at like 4:30am for a 6:30 flight? Also it will save me the cash for the hotel the night before and I can use points to stay at SSR. that will pay for half of the christmas party. or something. And we'll get to do wolfgang puck express, which i jettisoned for another breakfast, lol. I am going to put in for the day today. This I REALLY need to decide like, in the next week as I will be booking the plane tickets.

Also when I was asking on the restaurant board what people thought of doing Ohana for breakfast adn then Ohana for dinner the day of the xmas party (I had been planning to do AK the day of) someone mentioned what a great way to spend the day, at the poly. It will be thursday of our stay so we could be VERY low key that day and enjoy the pool if it is remotely warm enough. IF not we have the option to go to AK (I have the day on my parkhopper but since it was only $10 more won't be upset if I don't use it) or even just go to MK in the morning and come back to the hotel to rest. It seems like just removing that half day of travel gives me so much more breathing room in my plans!

that did not take much, lol.

Maybe i will also waitlist for AKV, either kidani or jambo. then we'll be more in AK themed area to kick off our vacation. Maybe do Sanaa my first night if i get it - I think the bread service would feed both of us!

That's what I'm thinking! We'd get there at dinnertime and I started counting backward and we'd have to leave on the 8:15 ferry to get to the airport on time for the flight. that is a long day of travel, and I am trying to cram that into a morning before noon? Nuts (although I'd take the ferry the night before and drive up to the airport and stay at a hotel there but still, getting up at like 4:30am for a 6:30 flight? Also it will save me the cash for the hotel the night before and I can use points to stay at SSR. that will pay for half of the christmas party. or something. And we'll get to do wolfgang puck express, which i jettisoned for another breakfast, lol. I am going to put in for the day today. This I REALLY need to decide like, in the next week as I will be booking the plane tickets.

Also when I was asking on the restaurant board what people thought of doing Ohana for breakfast adn then Ohana for dinner the day of the xmas party (I had been planning to do AK the day of) someone mentioned what a great way to spend the day, at the poly. It will be thursday of our stay so we could be VERY low key that day and enjoy the pool if it is remotely warm enough. IF not we have the option to go to AK (I have the day on my parkhopper but since it was only $10 more won't be upset if I don't use it) or even just go to MK in the morning and come back to the hotel to rest. It seems like just removing that half day of travel gives me so much more breathing room in my plans!
I agree, which is why I calmed down after being so mad that I had to do 4 nights instead of 3 at CR. It turned out to be a good thing. We will be up very early on to disembark the Fantasy, and I don't want to arrive to WDW and hit the park running til close. I'm still undecided on what to do that day, but it's going to be a relatively "easy paced" day.

I think in your case that opening up the possibility for a resort day is perfect! You can do marshmallows, maybe rent a watercraft, possibly a movie and watch the EWP and wishes from there, and of course- one of your million table meals ;).

..oh and yes the volcano slide if warm enough! I think you said you were from the NE, your son may not be bothered if the weather is cool and still want to swim.

I agree, which is why I calmed down after being so mad that I had to do 4 nights instead of 3 at CR. It turned out to be a good thing. We will be up very early on to disembark the Fantasy, and I don't want to arrive to WDW and hit the park running til close. I'm still undecided on what to do that day, but it's going to be a relatively "easy paced" day.

I think in your case that opening up the possibility for a resort day is perfect! You can do marshmallows, maybe rent a watercraft, possibly a movie and watch the EWP and wishes from there, and of course- one of your million table meals ;).
haha it would be a resort half day, not full day. We'll do the christmas party that night. Then our last night at the resort will be EWP and wishes from the resort. I am definitely into the split days lol

Lol on enabling extending! We just extended our trip one night on the end. It was cheaper to fly home the next day, so no brainier, right!!! We need to decide where to stay!!

Lol on enabling extending! We just extended our trip one night on the end. It was cheaper to fly home the next day, so no brainier, right!!! We need to decide where to stay!!
It's funny that in March the monorail resorts were almost full. I had to extend 1 night on the end just to be able to get a TPV at CR.. Then after free dining came out, I checked again and suddenly a ton of rooms opened up. I think a lot of people cancelled or switched dates. Hopefully that means it will be a little less crowded! Doubt it, but one can hope right? ;)

Our last trip and our upcoming trip were both extended by a day for the same reason Lisa! Don't want to get up a O dark 30 to arrive exhausted! Last year we added a night at pop before heading to the poly. This year we started out with adding night before at POP til I realized it was PW week. Then changed that to PORS, but after talking to TA she gave me a price that wasn't too much more to just add night to our package at BWI:) So - totally enabling here:)

30 days out is the deadline for canceling reservations without having your points go into a special holding account with limited use so if movement is going to happen it is generally around then :) good luck, keeping fingers crossed for you!

Oooh, that is good to know! I will cross my fingers and toes extra hard around that time! lol

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Keys..and most of all Key West!!!

Wait, did I mention how much I absolutely LOVE Key West????? Please go diving for me!! :)

Yay!!! I'm so happy to hear this! I've never been to the Keys but they've always been on my travel bucket list! I'm super excited for Key West, we got 2 nights at Coconut Beach Resort, literally right on the water, and right next to the Waldorf Astoria, I can't wait!

Oooh, that is good to know! I will cross my fingers and toes extra hard around that time! lol

Yay!!! I'm so happy to hear this! I've never been to the Keys but they've always been on my travel bucket list! I'm super excited for Key West, we got 2 nights at Coconut Beach Resort, literally right on the water, and right next to the Waldorf Astoria, I can't wait!

Nice!!! I always stay at the Casa Marina, which is one of the 2 Waldorf's on the island, the neighboring Reach being the other. You picked a PERFECT location!!!

Are you planning on doing Dry Tortugas one day? Please say "yes"!!lol. It's one of my favorite spots in the USA and an absolute Must Do!!!

Oh my goodness I just gained 5lbs and having some serious craving thinking about all of the delicious food in KW.

What a wonderful vacation you are going to have!!!!

Hello Everyone!

DH and I will be at WDW 11/24-12/3, staying at Pop 11/24-11/26 then moving over to OKW for the rest of the trip. It's our Honeymoon and DH has never been before! I havent been since be Magic Bands and FP+ so I think this is the hardest trip I have had to plan, plus with all the new things coming on line and the uncertainty with crowd calendars. :scared:

Ive got a rough sketch of a plan, but waiting for December hours to finish them up. Im concerned about dinner the day we arrive since its Thanksgiving day, and Im sure a lot of things will be filled up, then again, its been so long I will be happy with popcorn and corndogs on Main Street.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
It seriously rained EVERY SINGLE day during our week in September. But rain can't stop fun on that island! :)

Last edited:
Nice!!! I always stay at the Casa Marina, which is one of the 2 Waldorf's on the island, the neighboring Reach being the other. You picked a PERFECT location!!!

Are you planning on doing Dry Tortugas one day? Please say "yes"!!lol. It's one of my favorite spots in the USA and an absolute Must Do!!!

Oh my goodness I just gained 5lbs and having some serious craving thinking about all of the delicious food in KW.

What a wonderful vacation you are going to have!!!!

Ughhh, I had just discovered the Dry Tortugas National Park the other day, and got really excited about it! But then I saw the cost, $175/person, and I just don't know if we can swing the cost. We just spent $196 to be able to go to MVMCP. This trip is already going to be costing us a pretty penny. I'm hoping to find a way to swing/justify the expense but I just don't know if I can on this trip. Might have to wait til next time! :sad1:

Btw, love the pics!!!

Ughhh, I had just discovered the Dry Tortugas National Park the other day, and got really excited about it! But then I saw the cost, $175/person, and I just don't know if we can swing the cost. We just spent $196 to be able to go to MVMCP. This trip is already going to be costing us a pretty penny. I'm hoping to find a way to swing/justify the expense but I just don't know if I can on this trip. Might have to wait til next time! :sad1:

Btw, love the pics!!!
I probably shouldn't say this, but depending how many character meals you have- it may be worth it to cut one out for that.

If not, then that gives you the perfect excuse to return to KW another time :)

Look for deals..on almost everything. I.e sunset cruises, jet ski your, etc Sometimes you can get them!

Hello Everyone!

DH and I will be at WDW 11/24-12/3, staying at Pop 11/24-11/26 then moving over to OKW for the rest of the trip. It's our Honeymoon and DH has never been before! I havent been since be Magic Bands and FP+ so I think this is the hardest trip I have had to plan, plus with all the new things coming on line and the uncertainty with crowd calendars. :scared:

Ive got a rough sketch of a plan, but waiting for December hours to finish them up. Im concerned about dinner the day we arrive since its Thanksgiving day, and Im sure a lot of things will be filled up, then again, its been so long I will be happy with popcorn and corndogs on Main Street.
How fun!!! I think having corn dogs at MK on Thanksgiving is a perfectly good meal :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter