***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I am so excited about this review...gluten free...so I don't really care about the snacks. Give us chocolate covered strawberries and we are happy...a fruit serving for the day! Don't care if the fireworks are off center...a chair more than makes up for that for me. Give me lower crowds and I'm good!
Super excited too about tom's review of Minnie's seasonal at H&V...getting pumped about this trip! 13 days...more than most of you, but I'm happy!:rainbow:

I am so excited about this review...gluten free...so I don't really care about the snacks. Give us chocolate covered strawberries and we are happy...a fruit serving for the day! Don't care if the fireworks are off center...a chair more than makes up for that for me. Give me lower crowds and I'm good!
They accommodate allergies! You will probably get an "allergy box" but they do accommodate allergies at the dessert parties.

OMG! I can officially say NEXT WEEK (As I'm sure most of us can)! We leave on 11/30!!!! Beyond excited! This week is nuts with beauty appointments and I've been meaning to get a base tan a few nights a week as my legs are blinding!!! Plus Thanksgiving!! At least work is usually pretty slow on holiday weeks so I can relax a bit here :) Spent all night last night trying on outfits and what I'll be taking. Seems like I way overpacked, will have to go back through it! EEEEK!!
I haven't even started packing yet....and we go NEXT WEEK TOO! EEEEEEEK!

LOL, how do ppl do it with small little kids, I feel like I have to pack everything including the kitchen sink!

I overpack...but since we stay offsite ...we have a washer/dryer so I figure I don't have to pack a full 9 days of clothes..and we plan on visiting walmart on our first day so I can pick up anything we forget/don't have time to pack.

Okay Star Wars fans, just an fyi here: yulilin3 just posted that the stage show (Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away) will be going under refurb from 11/29-12/7. This was on my "catch it if we happen to walk by when it's happening" list, but I'm glad to know I should make it a priority for my 11/28 day rather than leaving it for 12/3. Ugh.

Okay Star Wars fans, just an fyi here: yulilin3 just posted that the stage show (Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away) will be going under refurb from 11/29-12/7. This was on my "catch it if we happen to walk by when it's happening" list, but I'm glad to know I should make it a priority for my 11/28 day rather than leaving it for 12/3. Ugh.
:headache: first the fireworks and now this? I'm sorry but FU whoever decided this.

I like the zinc that comes in an orange - flavored tablet. I get the Walmart brand, you find it in the cold medicine aisle. You let the tablet dissolve in your mouth and you aren't supposed to chew it. No eating or drinking for 15 minutes after and not citrus for 30 minutes. Don't take it on an empty stomach though.

he takes a pill supplement but it is probably the same essentially as what @Iowamomof4. I don't think the drops are high enough dose. edited to add, better than nothing but switch him to a regular supplement when you get home.

Wow, surprised so many people use the zinc! I used the Zicam nasal swabs and then they took them off the market because they were resulting in loss of smell??!!?? switched to cold Eze and just deal with metallic taste. now they are back with the zicam nasal swabs so I am using those. I think the studies have shown that it needs to coats your mucus membranes so swallowing a pill won't work as well.

DH hacking all over and I'm ok so far (knock on wood)

I hope all of you who are under the weather are feeling better tonight and on the way to being yourselves for your trip. I have a pretty hardy immune system and very rarely get sick but I do usually end up with a little cold from the plane. I've learned over the years a few tricks that seem to work for me. I always bring along some lysol or chlorox wipes and wipe down the tray table, arm rests, even the seat quick. I also will put some aquaphor right inside my nose so any germs that might be in the air get stuck to the aquaphor and don't make it all the way up my nose. Once we land I blow my nose real good to get it all out. Another trip is to bring your own drink or at the very least don't get ice in your drink from the flight attendant. That ice is brought on board from who knows where (probably the same goes for restaurant ice but I don't go too crazy). On long flights I've been known to hid under my sweatshirt or a scarf to avoid breathing in the recycled air.
One more thing I do is once in the hotel I take a few chlorox wipes and I wipe down the bathroom, the remote, and the nightstands. Oh and I always wear flip flops on the hotel floor unless it's wood or tile.
Just a little PSA I thought I'd share about my idiosyncrasies. Does anyone else have their typical steps they take when traveling to prevent germs?

@Maryemcd - my friends dads friend lost his smell from the original zicams. I think he was involved in the lawsuit. I used to like those too and never had a problem.

LOL, how do ppl do it with small little kids, I feel like I have to pack everything including the kitchen sink!

I have no kids (well, except for my large 40 year old husband LOL), and I feel like I'm packing everything I own!! I planned on one for each of us, plus extra suitcase for whatever on the way down and souvenirs on the way home, and I'm thinking I may need a 4th suitcase! I also have everything I piles. I haven't actually put anything in suitcases.
I'm so bummed...I can't find my Disney Crocs! :( I've torn apart my upstairs and my mud room but they're nowhere to be found. It sucks especially because even though they're ugly, they are the most comfy shoes for my feet and legs. Pretty sure I can't break in a new pair in a week, but even if I could my local Crocs store doesn't have them anymore. So bummed!

Help! I need some Disney Wishes fireworks advice from you pros. We're not doing a party and will be in the Magic Kingdom one night (Monday 12/5) for our only shot at fireworks. I have a plan for the day, but realized I have NO PLAN for where to view them. Can you help? We're not doing a desert party because (1) it's sold out, and (2) even if it weren't sold out I'm not sure I can stomach the money for our family of 4 with two young kids who don't need to eat that much sugar that close to bedtime, LOL!

So, where should I plan on watching? Some initial thoughts:
  1. Would love a good view, but don't want to be too squished (yes, I know it will be a super crowded day) or have my DH complain too much about the mobs of people.
  2. We're having dinner at 7 at BOG and then will do a few more rides before Wishes. We don't particularly want to be staking out a fireworks spot for too long.
  3. We'll probably leave afterwards so not sure if I should take exit strategy into account?
Ok, go!

I hope all of you who are under the weather are feeling better tonight and on the way to being yourselves for your trip. I have a pretty hardy immune system and very rarely get sick but I do usually end up with a little cold from the plane. I've learned over the years a few tricks that seem to work for me. I always bring along some lysol or chlorox wipes and wipe down the tray table, arm rests, even the seat quick. I also will put some aquaphor right inside my nose so any germs that might be in the air get stuck to the aquaphor and don't make it all the way up my nose. Once we land I blow my nose real good to get it all out. Another trip is to bring your own drink or at the very least don't get ice in your drink from the flight attendant. That ice is brought on board from who knows where (probably the same goes for restaurant ice but I don't go too crazy). On long flights I've been known to hid under my sweatshirt or a scarf to avoid breathing in the recycled air.
One more thing I do is once in the hotel I take a few chlorox wipes and I wipe down the bathroom, the remote, and the nightstands. Oh and I always wear flip flops on the hotel floor unless it's wood or tile.
Just a little PSA I thought I'd share about my idiosyncrasies. Does anyone else have their typical steps they take when traveling to prevent germs?

@Maryemcd - my friends dads friend lost his smell from the original zicams. I think he was involved in the lawsuit. I used to like those too and never had a problem.
Always use the scarf trick on a plane. I don't get sick often, but when I do it lasts for weeks...even months. Got to keep these lungs as germ free as possible. Big on hand sanitizer too.

Help! I need some Disney Wishes fireworks advice from you pros. We're not doing a party and will be in the Magic Kingdom one night (Monday 12/5) for our only shot at fireworks. I have a plan for the day, but realized I have NO PLAN for where to view them. Can you help? We're not doing a desert party because (1) it's sold out, and (2) even if it weren't sold out I'm not sure I can stomach the money for our family of 4 with two young kids who don't need to eat that much sugar that close to bedtime, LOL!

1. Would love a good view, but don't want to be too squished (yes, I know it will be a super crowded day) or have my DH complain too much about the mobs of people.
  2. We're having dinner at 7 at BOG and then will do a few more rides before Wishes. We don't particularly want to be staking out a fireworks spot for too long.
  3. We'll probably leave afterwards so not sure if I should take exit strategy into account?
Ok, go!
I'm not sure how crowded it gets, but maybe the Plaza Gardens?

We don't know yet where the cabana (Mickey's Refugeeland) people will be for their reserved spots for the fireworks. I wonder if the gardens will still be open for the riffraff?

Ok, go!

Sit in the open viewing section that is right in front of Casey's. Sit toward the back of the section. It is never crowded in the back of these sections and the view is good because you don't have people right in front of you. If you are lucky you can sit down. Then exit the section to your left when the fireworks are over and cut through Casey's and the store. You'll come out in Town Square and miss tons of traffic.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter