1st trip to DL, 1st Anniversary, 1st time on the coast...COMPLETED!!

I'm so glad you and your hubby had a great time and are home safely!!! Can't wait to read more!!!!

just joining in. I read your last report and part of your 1st but i haven;t finished. can't wait to hear about DL...I want to go soo bad someday too!!

Subscribing! Can't wait to hear about your trip! :surfweb: We haven't been to DL yet but hope to soon - my brother lives nearby! :cool1:

Great start so far, I'm hooked and looking forward to more. I'm also curious about your spray tan, I'm getting up the courage to get one done myself, how did it turn out?

Hey everyone...sorry I've been MIA! Last week, I had to catch up on my sleep and transition back to Central Standard time! Whewy that trip took a toll on me! I think I slept more last week than I have in my entire life!! :lmao: Then this weekend, I had the joy of cleaning the house since I didn't do it last week at all! Aaah life....:laughing:

Sooner Girl - Thanks! Sorry your cake didn't do right in the freezer! That's a bummer! The cake cutters along with the cake topper came from disneyshopping.com in 2006.

disney-inspired - the cake was SO GOOD! I loved it!!

Michele - we did have a great time! Cali was like nothing I have ever experienced before! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Disneymissy - Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the Christmas trip report and thank you for reading the Honeymoon one, too! I would LOVE to be a professional disney vacationer! Do they have those? Probably not but yea, I'd love that job!!! :laughing:

JaxJags - Thanks!! Glad your cake still tasted good, too! It's kind of scary thinking that it's been in the freezer for an entire year!! lol!

MA piglet fan - Thanks for understanding and being so patient with me!! I really do feel bad about last week but I could hardly hold my head up much less sit down at the computer and type out a trip report!

Jennifer48 - Thank you!! :thumbsup2 More is coming soon...

Dcanoli - Sorry about that...more is on the way right now, though!! :)

coconutsunshine - :laughing: I didn't want the cake to scream MICKEY MOUSE so I thought that having the touches in white icing on a white cake would work out perfectly! Thank you so much!

Disneygrl - Oh my goodness...you are going to LOVE Disneyland! I'm so excited for you!! You gotta start a planning journal so we can all follow along!

Spartangirl - Thank you! We do have a lot of fun together! DH is so silly sometimes and so random so that always makes for a good time! Thanks so much for following along with me! I know this won't compare at all to your amazing Cali trip report!! :rotfl2:

JLynn and caitty13 and Loriann70 - Thank you all so much! It's ok to stalk/lurk/whatever! I've done it before, too! I'm glad you are enjoying the trip reports! :goodvibes

jnjusoioa - Thanks for stopping by here! :thumbsup2

mt mommy - The trip was so much fun...more is on the way soon!

prettyprincessbelle - Thank you! Your trip is coming up real soon too, isn't it? You said 30 days I think!! :dance3:

k reile - Disneyland is great! The Cali weather is great, too!!

disneyfanatic - glad you followed me over here! Thank you!!

angel*lady - That would be so convenient! "Visit" your brother in law and go to Disneyland! "Hey, by the way, we're coming to visit...we think we'll spend most of our week in Disneyland, though!" :rotfl2: No seriously though...you would love it!

XTinabell - The spray tan worked well...you probably really can't tell in the pictures, but I certianly noticed a difference! I've never had a tan tummy before and all of a sudden, I had one! :rotfl2: I could still see it by the following weekend so I'd say it lasted at least a week!

Monday, April 7, 2008 - The day of our 1st Wedding Anniversary and Disneyland Departure day!!!!

We had many debates as to what time to wake up/plan on leaving the morning of our trip. We had to be in Houston, TX by noon. Well, 10:00 a.m. really because our flight out was at noon. It takes about 2 1/2 hours to get to Houston if you don't get caught up in traffic so we decided to give it a good 3 1/2 hours just in case! Our alarms rang at 5:00 a.m. I don't think that I've ever been that excited to wake up at 5:00 a.m.!! :rotfl2:

I was the first one ready...which is very unusual but anyway...I had packed the night before, too! So as DH was finishing up getting ready, I was busy taking pictures (of course)!!!

dl11.jpg

Our luggage all ready to go!

dl15.jpg

DH's Anniversary gift to me! I love it!!!

dl16.jpg

My gift to DH! He's working on a collection of CSI seasons!

dl12.jpg

DH finally ready to go! Our plan was to leave the house before 6:30 a.m.

dl13.jpg

Pixie and I!

dl14.jpg

Telling Pixie goodbye. She knows when I'm about to leave her...she gets all sad and won't give any kisses!!

dl17.jpg

We made it to the car by 6:27 a.m.! 3 minutes ahead of schedule...great!!

A little ways down the road into the next town (hitting morning traffic of course), I realized that I had forgotten to transfer my health insurance cards over to my Baggallini!!! WHAT was I thinking?! DH has his cards of course but they don't have my name on them! So this is how my thought process went: lose 15 minutes by turning around to get the cards and resuming our trip OR leaving them behind. IF I were to leave them at home, then that would mean that with my luck, I'd probably need the darn things! However, if we turned around to get them, and I had them on me the entire trip, then I more than likely would NOT need them!! Sooo, we opted for turning around to get them. As we drove back home, we saw the traffic building up and we decided to take the "other way" to the interstate, which is the way I take for work every morning. It was around 7:00 a.m. by this time and that's the time I leave for work so I knew that the interstate and the way to the interstate would not be crowded with traffic! Perfect!!

We stopped in Beaumont, TX for breakfast at a McDonald's. The reason we went there is because I wanted a ham/cheese/egg bagel sandwich. Well, unfortunately, this McDonald's did not offer the bagel sandwiches so I ended up with an Egg-McMuffin. Barf-a-rama!! It was SO greasy. I should have known ... McDonald's = GREASE!! I didn't bring my camera in because we only stopped for about 10 minutes, scarfed down our food, and were on our way again! I think Jason had a breakfast burrito but I can't remember!

...............................CONT............................

.........................CONT..............................

dl18.jpg

Anyway, with NO traffic whatsoever, we finally made it into Houston!!!!!

dl19.jpg

.......and, TWO toll roads later....with $2.50 spent, we finally made it to the airport!!! DARN GOOGLE MAPS! We decided next time that NO MATTER what, we are following the Garmin!!!

dl20.jpg

The Houston Airport!

dl21.jpg

It's an International Airport...I thought this was cool!

dl22.jpg

This airport was SO confusing to us but that's probably because we were more used to the New Orleans airport!

dl23.jpg

We found our "C" Terminal. Something different here...they have curbside luggage check in which was SO convenient!!! I had checked in online that morning so all we had to do was give the nice man our boarding pass to scan and viola....our luggage was taken care of!

Now that left us with the question...OK, where in the world do we park and HOW do we get into the parking garage?!?

dl24.jpg

We started driving again and I saw these airplanes...the same type that we'd be flying on in just a few hours! I think somewhere I saw a sign that said "Parking Cents"....so, I naturally assume that this was the airport parking area! Well, we kept driving and driving and driving until we were back at the very entrance of the airport! I was so confused! However, I looked to my left and saw a huge parking lot and I thought...."Ooooh, we're parking the CHEAP way!" Hey...it didn't matter to me at all! At least we had found a place to park!

dl25.jpg

We pulled in, got a ticket for our car, parked, and awaited the "shuttle bus" that would take us back to the airport! The sign out front said that parking was only SIX DOLLARS per day! Heck yes!!!!

dl26.jpg

The shuttle was not too far behind us!

dl27.jpg

We boarded and before too long, we were on our way!! DH and I on the shuttle!

dl28.jpg

We were given a little slip that showed where we were parked. I took a picture of it just in case...especially after the honeymoon fiasco when we returned to the airport!!

dl29.jpg

I hadn't been to this airport since my Senior Year in high school (2000) when we flew to Hawaii, so I had NO idea where to go! We found our way around OK, though! AND we made it through security with NO mishaps!!! :woohoo:

dl30.jpg

Our plane is ON TIME!! See? It's the one that says "Orange County"!!!

It was only about 10:45 a.m. when we were finished checking in, so we decided to look around the shops until about 11:00 a.m. and then grab a bite to eat for lunch. Our plane wouldn't be ready for boarding until 11:40 a.m.

dl31.jpg

DH wanted Wendy's because we had both heard that the plane food was horrible! I was told that it was like a hamburger that comes out of a vending machine...grosse!!!

dl32.jpg

I wasn't too hungry at the time though, so I decided on Starbucks!!! I had a piece of their lemon cake pastry...oooh so good! I've never had anything other than Banana Nut Bread from Starbucks and this place didn't offer the Banana Nut Bread, so I decided on the Lemon Cake! I'm glad I did!!

..................................CONT.................................

.............................CONT.............................

dl33.jpg

We finished eating and decided to sit and wait for our plane! This is it ready for boarding!!

dl34.jpg

Finally 11:40 a.m. rolled around and we were one of the first ones to board! We were kind of close to the back and they board from back to front.

dl35.jpg

Ready to go!

dl36.jpg

I had a window seat!

dl37.jpg

Bye bye Houston!! Cali, here we come!!!

Once the flight began, our flight attendant announced that we'd have a special feature playing for our flight to California!!

Best part.....

dl38.jpg

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

dl41.jpg

Can you guess what movie this is?! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I was SO excited!!!!!!

dl39.jpg

The clouds

dl40.jpg

Our food was passed out and the thing about the vending machine food was SO true!!! We had a breaded chicken sandwich, a salad with ranch dressing, a drink of our choice, and a miniature twix for dessert. We didn't eat any of our food...we both saved it for later when we arrived in Cali, especially since we were gaining two hours that day!!

Forgive me for being so silly, but the last time that I flew over the Western part of our country and the Pacific, the ONLY thing that I remember was the Grand Canyon. We flew over it at sunset and OMG it was AMAZING! Our captain was so nice on that trip to point out that we were flying over the Grand Canyon...otherwise, I'd have no idea where we were at.

Well, this trip, we were not given landmarks at all so I had no idea what we were looking at as we were flying over the country side, but I was AMAZED at the landscape!!!

dl42.jpg

Take this for example...I've NEVER seen anything like this in my life!! I'm 99% sure it's farmland, but I think it looks so neat!

dl43.jpg

...And this....ALL I've ever seen is FLAT FLAT FLAT land. If I see a hill or drive over a hill in Louisiana, I'm like WOOHOO a hill!! But no...these are like MOUNTAINS! I'm sure they really aren't mountains, but that's what the look like to me!! :rotfl2:

dl44.jpg

Something else I'm not used to seeing......a mountain with SNOW on top!! Well, I'm actually not used to seeing SNOW at all!!

I guess you could say that I really didn't watch much of the movie this trip because I was too busy gawking out the window!!! lol!

Hurricane Rita joke.......

dl45.jpg

As we were flying over the homes in California, DH said, "HEY LOOK! BLUE ROOFS!" :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

He knew they were really swimming pools but it was just too funny! Flying over Louisiana right after Hurricane Rita, that's ALL you saw was blue roofs, so this was just an opportunity that he couldn't pass up!!

dl46.jpg

Finally...we've landed! Are we in Cali?? I think so! Look at those PALM trees! Something else I don't get to see back at home!! We landed at 1:30 p.m. Cali time, 3:30 p.m. Louisiana time.

Up next.......our first day at the Disneyland Resort!!!

So many details wow! Awesome start to your trip. Was that National Treasure 2? I'm bad at movies but that would be my guess.

Yay!!! :yay: I love reading your TR's. It makes me feel like I am there too. I love your all your pictures. I am looking forward to hearing about your first day. :goodvibes

:woohoo: An update!! Great start, I love that you post so many pictures! Can't wait to read about DL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter