• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st Time Disneyland Trip Solo & Last Minute (9/11)!!!!

shannonstar

StarGirlJapp
Please hit me up with any advice, insight, best foods, best drinks (adult) and not to miss things. I have been to World so many times, but never Land. My girl's trip fell through and I used the credit to make a last minute Bucket List trip to Disneyland for two days. Husband and DS 18 have never been interested due to the lack of Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

Help a girl out!

That’s so exciting! I looove DL-much more than WDW although I love them all. Where are you staying? Parkhoppers?
Just two days. At the Castle Inn because I got it for a very reasonable price and got one free night to boot. I didn’t get PH because of the Halloween party closing the park early. I didn’t know if it was worth it.
I want to make sure I hit everything that makes Land different from World.

That sounds exciting, to do a solo trip without any family responsibility and just enjoying yourself.

You mentioned you have 2 days, is that a 2 days/1 night trip or 3 days/2 night trip? That info would help to taylor advice for your trip.

You’ll have a great time at DL. Remember though that while there may only be 2 parks, there are actually more attractions than at WDW’s 4 parks. So you’ll need to be selective on what you see and do with only 2 days. Plus with 1 park per day tickets, you’ll really only scratch the surface at DL in one day. The 2 parks are within a few hundred feet of each other so hopping is much much easier but that’s up to you.
So at Disneyland, rides that I like better than the versions at WDW are:
Space Mountain, Pirates, Buzz Lightyear, Disneyland Railroad, Haunted Mansion. All these are in DL
Similar but different rides I prefer at DL
Indiana Jones (better version of Dinosaur)
At DCA
Radiator Springs Racers (much better version of Test Track), Grizzly River Run (better version of Kali)
Unique rides at DL
Mt Toads Wild Ride, Matterhorn (similarish to Everest), Storybook Land Canal Boats, Alice in Wonderland, Smow White, Casey Jr Circus Train. There are others.
Unique rides at DCA.
Incredicoaster, Guardians of the Galaxy (reskinned Tower of Terror), Web Slingers (and the whole Marvel Land, never visited it myself), Pixar Pal-around (Ferris wheel), Emotional Whirlwind (simple hub and spoke ride) and Jessies Critter Carousel. There will be some items I missed above but I’ll let others fill in the gaps and/or disagree.
As far as dining goes, I found quick service and dining generally better at DL than WDW. I also thing wandering around the Anaheim Parks is much nicer, less expanses on concrete and more attractions per square foot so it seems like more is going on. Plus the history and atmosphere in DL can’t be beat.
To be perfectly honest, I’d get parkhoppers. Or try to at least add a day to your tickets so you can have 2 days at DL and 1 at DCA. Preferably, I’d suggest 3 day parkhoppers.
Hope that helps, have a great visit.

That sounds exciting, to do a solo trip without any family responsibility and just enjoying yourself.

You mentioned you have 2 days, is that a 2 days/1 night trip or 3 days/2 night trip? That info would help to taylor advice for your trip.

It’s 3/2, but I have to be at the airport by noon on the third day, so I probably won’t get to hit a park.

@shannonstar 3/2 is perfect to see the main differences between WDW and DLR

1) Park Hoppers - It's just a one time additional $55 fee but totally worth it to use for both days.

Unlike WDW, where it can take an hour or two to park hop pending buses, boats or monorail. In Disneyland, you can easily walk from the farthest points in Disneyland to Disney California Adventure within 10 minutes. So treat it as one park with Park Hoppers.

2) Make sure you ride Pirates, Space Mountain, Small World, Winnie the Pooh and Splash Mountain. Even though they have these rides at WDW, I think the Disneyland versions are much better.

3) Doing a solo trip, make sure you take advantage of the Single Rider lines. Just ask the cast members at the entrance of the rides if they have single rider or not.

Check out this Disneyland Information and Planning thread I updated in August....

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...d-information-thread-updated-8-14-21.3843617/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter