1st time caribbean beach resort

DawnRome

Mouseketeer
hi this will be our 1st time staying at Caribbean beach resort. can you all tell me about it and maybe show some pictures of this resort plz. thank you soooo much. we also upgraded our room to the pirate room

I have stayed at CBR 4 times :thumbsup2. The last time we stayed in a pirate room pirate:, my sons were 4 and 2.9 at the time. They were in love with the beds and the whole theme of the room! If you have children, they will love it!

The pirate rooms are in Trinidad South. Looking on the map it looks like they can be quite far. However, our longest walk to the main pool and food area was about 8 to 10 minutes and that was with little wanderers in tow (they stopped to check out ducks, birds etc. so it was very leisurely).

The main pool area is pirate themed:thumbsup2. There is an additional kiddy pool with pint sized water slides which was a huge hit with my boys! THey wanted to go there everyday to cool off. Also there are play areas and beaches for great down time for the little ones too.

Enjoy your trip to CBR! It is a beautiful resort:cloud9:

Well we just booked a stay there too. We've never been either...so I'll have my eyes on this thread. When are you going?

I would love some info/pics on CB too! I've never been there before, but there's a chance that I'll be staying there either summer 2012 or summer 2013. I would definitely be in the pirate room, because I love the movies so much:goodvibes

I don't know how to upload photos to this thread, but if you go to the photos section you can find photos of the resort :cool1:

However, the pictures don't do it justice...it is beautiful!!!

Hey there! I just posted quite a few pictures in my trip report a few days ago. I also posted many many pictures on the CBR pics thread. My trip report link is in my signature below. I'll go find the CBR picture thread link and post it for you.

Here are a few pictures that I found on Photobucket just to get you excited:

SANY3015.jpg

SANY3008-1.jpg

SANY3009-1.jpg

SANY3010-1.jpg

SANY3011.jpg

SANY3012.jpg

SANY3013.jpg

SANY3023.jpg

SANY3022.jpg

SANY3021.jpg

SANY3026.jpg

SANY3027.jpg

SANY3029.jpg

SANY3036.jpg

SANY3033.jpg

We stayed at the Caribbean Beach in October of 2009. And, as everyone has mentioned, it is beautiful. The rooms and grounds are all well maintained and really have a relaxing island feel. Our only complaint was the overall size of the resort. We stayed in Jamaica, and although the walk to the bus stop was brief, the walk to the pool/food/shops was a bit longer; about 12-15 minutes. I discribe it to friends as "by the time you finally get there you are just starting to get fed up". :lmao:

All in all, we liked the CBR and would certailny stay there again...enjoy!!!

Doug

We just stayed at CBR for the first time for our first WDW family vacation. We liked it, but we didn't love it. I don't think there is anything wrong with the resort at all, it is beautiful, peaceful, relaxing and the CMs and mousekeeping were great.

For my family, the problem was the "peaceful" part. Although we were exhausted during the end of the day it would have been great to be nearer to the spas (hot tubs) and/or the bar. In the morning, it would have been nice to be closer to breakfast.

If you are looking for a great place to unwind, then CBR is great. Unfortunately our touring schedule didn't allow us to take advantage of the awesome looking hammocks and beach chairs and the stuff we could enjoy seemed a little far away.

There are also no elevators as we were on the 3rd floor and my poor hubby had to haul everything up the steps while I wrangled the kids 2 years ago!

We just stayed at CBR for the first time for our first WDW family vacation. We liked it, but we didn't love it. I don't think there is anything wrong with the resort at all, it is beautiful, peaceful, relaxing and the CMs and mousekeeping were great.

For my family, the problem was the "peaceful" part. Although we were exhausted during the end of the day it would have been great to be nearer to the spas (hot tubs) and/or the bar. In the morning, it would have been nice to be closer to breakfast.

If you are looking for a great place to unwind, then CBR is great. Unfortunately our touring schedule didn't allow us to take advantage of the awesome looking hammocks and beach chairs and the stuff we could enjoy seemed a little far away.

Did you get a preferred room?

There are also no elevators as we were on the 3rd floor and my poor hubby had to haul everything up the steps while I wrangled the kids 2 years ago!

There aren't 3rd floors at CBR? All of the buildings are only 2 floors. I believe Port Orleans French Quarter has 3 floors though. And I think the values are all 3 floors. But I know CBR is only 2 floors.

We're staying in a Pirate room in April and are very excited. This will be DS's final trip as an only child and he's going to be 5. I'm hoping it will be the perfect age for him. You could have a bit of walking, but I've never been bothered by the walking. The pp who was in Jamaica and walked the 12-15 minutes must have been in the far away Jamaica buildings, which I hear are actually a bit further away than TS. That kind of stinks :(

I have only stayed at a different resort once in all my trips since CBR opened. My family loves it and considers it our "home" in Disney. We were at POR in 2009, and while it too is beautiful, it definitely wasn't the same. We are big fans of the proximity of the pool and food court at CBR. Often times, we'll hang out by the pool for a day or two, taking a break from park touring. My dad will head over in the morning and get a cup of coffee and sit by the pool, reading the paper and drinking his coffee. As the morning progresses, we all make it over there, grab some breakfast, the LO's go swimming and the adults sit at a table and chat. We can go in quickly to get a refill on a drink, grab a snack, use a restroom, browse the gift shop, or just plain cool off if it's a hot day, and then head back out to be with the family.

I hope you have a great time! We have a great time every year, and I'm anticipating another wonderful trip this spring :)

This is the choice for people who think a Caribbean beach holiday should be packed with action. A massive complex which has everything, 300 rooms, 150 villas, 3 beaches including one private, 14 pools in different designs with landscaped patios, 3 championship golf courses, 13 tennis courts, a fitness centre and so on.
Also boutiques, craft shops, a gallery, a museum and a church. It's not a bad idea to hire a golf cart to get around this huge area. Otherwise there are shuttle buses running regularly.

This is the choice for people who think a Caribbean beach holiday should be packed with action. A massive complex which has everything, 300 rooms, 150 villas, 3 beaches including one private, 14 pools in different designs with landscaped patios, 3 championship golf courses, 13 tennis courts, a fitness centre and so on.
Also boutiques, craft shops, a gallery, a museum and a church. It's not a bad idea to hire a golf cart to get around this huge area. Otherwise there are shuttle buses running regularly.

I think you must be thinking of a different resort, maybe one that is actually in the Caribbean. The CBR resort in WDW does not have a museum, church, fitness center, golfcourses or tennis courts and it has over 2000 rooms but no villas.

LOL This is actually the description for Casa De Campo - a resort in the Dominican Republic! (http://www.casadecampo.com.do/ )

Sounds nice, but I think I'll stick with Disney for now. ;)

Hello Disboards! I am in need of some help. I have never been to Disney World! My family is going June 3-10th 2011, and they have invited us! YEA! My husband is unable to get off of work. (He is a fireman and just got promoted to Arson! YEA) So, he told me to take our two boys. (13 and 5) Everyone is staying at the Boardwalk, unfortunatly I can't afford. I booked a standard room at the Caribbean Resort and was told it was the closest to my family.
I am really nervous, first time, no husband and two kids. Not to mention, when I looked at the map we seem FAR from EVERYTHING! We will not be there very long, will I be spending most of my time on buses?
We did purchase the dining plan! No idea about this either!
I apologize how new I am to all of this!

TIA for all your help!
I appreciate ANY input!!

Thank you!

Hello Disboards! I am in need of some help. I have never been to Disney World! My family is going June 3-10th 2011, and they have invited us! YEA! My husband is unable to get off of work. (He is a fireman and just got promoted to Arson! YEA) So, he told me to take our two boys. (13 and 5) Everyone is staying at the Boardwalk, unfortunatly I can't afford. I booked a standard room at the Caribbean Resort and was told it was the closest to my family.
I am really nervous, first time, no husband and two kids. Not to mention, when I looked at the map we seem FAR from EVERYTHING! We will not be there very long, will I be spending most of my time on buses?
We did purchase the dining plan! No idea about this either!
I apologize how new I am to all of this!

TIA for all your help!
I appreciate ANY input!!

Thank you!

CBR is an Epcot area hotel so it is close to BW which is also an Epcot hotel. I am not sure what you mean by far from everything...are you talking within the hotel or to get to parks?? I have stayed at CBR 4 times and it is a great location. Some folks will complain about transportation, but I have never had a bus issue. I would say you will reach your destination within 15 minutes from getting on the bus (except Epcot will be closer).

The resort is large so if can afford a preferred room I would suggest it just so have the proximity to the food court and pool. There is a great kiddie pirate slide area that the 5 year old will like and a cool adult pool for the 12 year old. CBR is very relaxing and a great way to unwind from the parks. My family has always liked the food court as there are different restaurants and something for everyone to pick for the day. I think you will like it and you will be fine without your DH!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter