1st night meal ideas

travelitis

DIS Veteran
We're staying the first night at CR, so Chef Mickey's is an obvious choice. We have 3 kids and don't want to go into the parks that night, nor do I think the California Grill will be a good option on a travel day for the kids. Any other suggestions?

How about the Concourse Steakhouse, Narcoosee's, or O'hana?? All easy to reach from where you are staying.

I'd go to Ohana. It's a great way to get into the Disney vibe for both you and your kids. The food is great and it keeps coming.

Here's another vote for O'hana. The food is *much* superior to Chef Mickeys. I think the character interaction is great there, too, and there's lots of stuff to keep the kids happy.

and Mickey's there too!

hi travelitis. I know you want other ideas other than Chef Mickeys but we always try to do that first night. Therefore, our kids get to see all the main characters the first night, the dinner is festive-especially when you are twirling your napkins in the air :) , and then I feel I don't have to "hunt" down or make a special trip just to find Mickey and Minnie. I have fun but get the main character hunting out of the way the first evening.
Have fun whatever you decide. :)

I agree with Ohana's....don't forget the coconut races, keeps the kids amused. Get a table by the window so you have a good seat for the fireworks.

How about the Hoop Dee Doo? You could take a boat ride over to Fort Wilderness from the Contemp.
It's a great hilarious dinner show and most kids love it. It's all you can eat food, drinks (including beer and wine) .
It's where we are planning to go for our first night on our next trip. Great way to get into the mood for the trip.
Side note - a little expensive though (about $46 for adults and $25 for children)

We did Ohana's our first night and it was wonderful. The atmosphere is great and our DD loves the view of the castle and the fireworks. It was the best food of our whole trip!!! We are going there again in Jan. We will only be at WDW one night before our cruise,but I can not imagine eating anywhere else. They also had fun games for the kids. Great time!!!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter