• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st cruise, last min booking, marvel 7 day, activities sold out

Scarlett81

Mommy to my princess and lil pirate
hi, first time cruiser here, DH,myself, 3 kids aged 10, 6 and almost 3. my husband booked a last minute cruise for us after we had recent tragedy in the family he felt we needed to get the kids away and have some actual fun together.
The cruise is the 7 night marvel, on nov 4. Main question is that most activities are sold out, not surprising. Will there be any availability once we’re aboard? First timers, we literally don’t know what to expect. Especially my daughter will want BBB, which is all sold out.

Also, my son will be 3 nov 27, of course they’ll want to be in kids clubs, but I know he won’t want to be alone while my 6 and 10 yr old are in another club. Any way all 3 of my kids can be in the same club together while mom and dad have dinner?

Any other info here is welcome! I’m a Dvc member, AP...but totally ignorant to dis cruising so I need lots of help!

FYI we have a verandah deluxe family state room.

No idea on the Marvel stuff, other than to check with guest services upon boarding to see if there is any availability for stuff.

Kids clubs: Disney is very strict on the age limit. As your son will not yet be 3, he won't be allowed into the club EXCEPT during open house times, when you are expected to accompany him. You can pay to have him in the Nursery at times, but need to pre-book that.

DVC Member: Welcome home! We also are DVC members! Bring your DVC member card with you as there are a few things you can use it for. Make sure to stop at the DVC desk on boarding day and they'll give each of you DVC lanyards--which is a great thing as normally a first timer isn't getting a lanyard from DCL. Stop by the desk daily and see if they're giving out anything--we brought home lots of stuff from our Alaskan cruise in 8/16. They'll also host a Member gathering at some point in your trip--usually on the day you embark, sometimes the first day at sea. You 'might' get a phone call in advance letting you know about it. The gathering is mostly a 'soft sell', but there are giveaways, raffles, free champagne/sparkling cider, and Evian.

DVC discounts: show your DVC member card at the shops and get 10% off of a $50 purchase. You can also save 10% off non discounted photo packages, and 20% off select spa treatments while in port.

yes they hold back tickets to meet and greets - see the navigator you get in the terminal which tells you where to go and sign up once on board. The MDAS meets might be a different story, though i would imagine that they have "some" availability to book on board. For our Star Wars Day, they did it all on board, so the only thing you have to go by is the one completed cruise and the one out at sea right now. BBB is typically the same - they have apts, though you have to go and see them once on board. For our spring break cruise this year, we cancelled and rescheduled my daughter's apt 3 different times while on board - they were very accommodating. For the kids clubs - if he is not 3, he is not allowed in the Club / Lab during normal lock in programming, only when there is an open house, so he would have to be put in the nursery if you want to do a mom and dad dinner. I doubt you want your 6 and 10 year old to be "parenting" if there is an open house during dinner hours, if the club CM's allow all 3 in without a parent during open house. In this situation, they are not secured in the club and anyone can come and go as they please, of all ages (adults with kids, without, and all ages of kids).

enjoy your cruise!

We were on the 1st Marvel cruise. SO MUCH FUN! Make sure you bring costumes!
I was unable to get Groot online and I checked at Guest Services when we first got on the ship and was told they were sold out for the season. I went back a couple of days later and asked again and they were able to get us a time. So if at first they tell you no......keep trying

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter