1900 Park Fare breakfast anyone??

Our Ratings of 1900 Park Fare (Breakfast): (*rev 8/09/2016*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: A
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: C
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Strawberries
. . . entree:.. Eggs "Benedict", Cheese Blintz
. . . dessert:. Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
NOTE1: Characters, subject to change:
. . . Alice
. . . The Mad Hatter
. . . Mary Poppins
. . . Winnie the Pooh
NOTE2: The breakfast is actually pretty good among WDW character buffets, which
are known for characters and not known for food quality. It is varied and the quality
is well above average. Arguably only second to Tusker House for character breakfasts.
It is good to mention that character interaction is quite good. And Grand
Floridian surroundings are well above places like Chef Mickey's. Alas, the self-serve
ice cream machine has been removed.

Our Ratings of 1900 Park Fare (Breakfast): (*rev 8/09/2016*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: A
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: C
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Strawberries
. . . entree:.. Eggs "Benedict", Cheese Blintz
. . . dessert:. Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
NOTE1: Characters, subject to change:
. . . Alice
. . . The Mad Hatter
. . . Mary Poppins
. . . Winnie the Pooh
NOTE2: The breakfast is actually pretty good among WDW character buffets, which
are known for characters and not known for food quality. It is varied and the quality
is well above average. Arguably only second to Tusker House for character breakfasts.
It is good to mention that character interaction is quite good. And Grand
Floridian surroundings are well above places like Chef Mickey's. Alas, the self-serve
ice cream machine has been removed.

Hey Scup, I hate to do this because I like your reviews and really use them because I think your appetite and grading seems to fit with Mrs. Ally and I, but can I question something here. I was a little let down when your grade for Character Interaction was a C as I always thought it was better than that here. Then, in reading the notes you said it was quite good. I consider C as average so quite good for me would probably fit in the B to B+ and possibly even an A-. Is this just a case of your scale being reflective of really wanting a GREAT experience or just a hidden malfunction of the brain early in the morning?

Thanks, and like I said, we enjoy the reviews and respect them (well except for our personal fave the Yachtsman that is just a special place for the wife and I).

Thank you everyone for all the feedback. This character meal is one of the things I'm most excited about for this upcoming trip. The atmosphere, characters, and buffet selections all seem really great. This will be a new character meal experience for our family. We always do Chef Mickey's breakfast/brunch as it has become a family Disney trip tradition (contrary to many reviews we've actually had great experiences there); but I'm so excited for my family to experience 1900 PF too.

When I had breakfast there last year, being seated was weird and just unnecessarily complicated. We had reservations, which required us to check in. After this, we were instructed to stand in one place near the hostess, and after a while, we were instructed to move another to another place by the doors. We were then taken through the doors and had to wait for another person to get us. It seemed overly complicated given that we had reservations, and there really weren't a lot of people in the restaurant yet.

However, I forgave this hiccup since the food was good. I can pretty much forgive anything if I'm given access to all you can eat Mickey waffles.

Last edited:
We have a ADR for breakfast next Monday, and we are new to 1900 Park Fare too. I have been a little worried as I've read good and bad reviews about this place. We stay in DVC villas so the only breakfasts we ever eat out are character ones therefore it's not about the food, per se, but the interactions. As mentioned in this thread, some people dislike Chef Mickey's but yet we've never had a bad breakfast ADR there, so I'm hoping this is the same - some people love it, some people not so much.

Last edited:
We have a ADR for breakfast next Monday, and we are new to 1900 Park Fare too. I have been a little worried as I've read good and bad reviews about this place. We stay in DVC villas so the only breakfasts we ever eat out are character ones therefore it's about the food, per se, but the interactions. As mentioned in this thread, some people dislike Chef Mickey's but yet we've never had a bad breakfast ADR there, so I'm hoping this is the same - some people love it, some people not so much.

I believe that to be true of every single food review. We all have different tastes. What I love you may hate and vice versa.
I hope you enjoy your breakfast on Monday

We have never had a bad meal at 1900 for Breakfast. We don't always go b/c it's a bit out of the way for our plans usually (we are those rope drop gung ho people).

I just wanted to add my two cents that the MH interactions are absolutely hilarious.

My family has vastly different interpretations on the food (ranging from "good food" to "only here for characters"). I myself think that the food is perfectly fine (just keep in mind that this is a buffet, not a michelin star meal). Everyone agrees, however, that the character interactions make the meal worthwhile and it is a staple for us.

1900 Park Fare is our favourite breakfast. They have several food options that I love, including red velvet pancakes and bread pudding w/ vanilla sauce. We also really like the character interaction, especially with the Mad Hatter. One thing to note though - when we ate there last week, the Mad Hatter was not going from table to table...he was waiting outside the doors and everyone had to line up to meet him after breakfast. As luck would have it, when we finished our meal, the Mad Hatter was on a break so we had to wait about 10 minutes for him to come back. The good part is that there was a photopass photographer so we got some decent pictures with all of us.

Good point! I think they must rotate those characters (unsure). When we went it was the queen of hearts ( who was also hilarious, although a nonspeaking character)

This sounds fantastic! We have it booked for breakfast for our upcoming January trip based on a recommendation from a friend - sounds like we're in for a treat!

It's a favorite. We were just at Grand Floridian. They've move the entrance to the back near Grand Floridian cafe! The food is fabulous and the interactions too! Favorite character breakfast. We've been to Tusker House and the castle.

Did it with my wife a couple years ago. We were blown away. Some super creative items all prepared wonderfully.

Does anyone think it would be weird to eat here for breakfast every morning of a 3-night stay at the GF? The one meal my parents love to eat out and eat big for is breakfast. I've looked at the other buffets and restaurants that do breakfast, and while some of them sound very good (The Wave), the convenience of 1900 Park Fare along with the large variety of food seems like the best deal really. We'd be on the DxDP, so price doesn't matter.

Does anyone think it would be weird to eat here for breakfast every morning of a 3-night stay at the GF? The one meal my parents love to eat out and eat big for is breakfast. I've looked at the other buffets and restaurants that do breakfast, and while some of them sound very good (The Wave), the convenience of 1900 Park Fare along with the large variety of food seems like the best deal really. We'd be on the DxDP, so price doesn't matter.
I love 1900 Park Fare a lot, but I'd probably do a breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe, 'Ohana or Kona instead of repeating 1900PF on the same trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter