1900 Park Fare before MVMCP??

TQH1022

Earning My Ears
Trying to decide whether we can do 1900 Park Fare *and* MVMCP on the same night. So far nothing open in the MK, and we'll have a hungry, princess loving 6yo... 6:10 ressie at 1900.

I would strongly advise you to not keep that ADR. For MVMCP, you are admitted as early as 4pm (providing you're not already in the park with a regular ticket). The party events all begin at 7pm. Considering the fact that your child is 6, I would imagine that you're not staying until midnight so you would really cut into your party time. You probably wouldn't get to the MK until about 1 1/2 hours after your ADR time. For the price of the tickets, it would be a real waste to come in after the party begins.

We went to MNSSHP and spent our regular park day there. We had a 3:30 ADR for CP that day. It worked out perfectly. We were well fed and didn't have anything to eat until before the 2nd parade of the night.

I agree with PP. I would look for an earlier reservation. We did 1900 before the Halloween party but our reservation was for 5....we were seated at 5:30 and made it to the park just before 7...I would go ahead and do a counter service before the party. Or a table service lunch and maybe grab a cup of mini corn dogs at Casey's later in the evening.

I would not do a TS reservation that late at MK, let alone outside the park. I agree with the other posters, keep checking for something earlier, or ditch it and do CS between 4 and 7.

I absolutely would NOT try it. We have never been to 1900 Park Fare when we have not had to wait a substantial time past our ADR to get seated. The first time we ate there, we had an ADR at 6:10. We wanted to go back to MK after, so we got there at 5:40, hoping we might be seated a little early. We were finally seated at 7:20 p.m. and we did not get out of the restaurant until 9:10 p.m.! If that happened to you, it would pretty much ruin your MVMCP night. We have been back a few times since then, and I think the shortest we have ever waited is about 20 to 25 minutes past our ADR. The characters can get really spread out in making their rounds, so if you want to see them all, it can be a long time before they all make it to your table. I have a 6 year old Princess lover too, and I would say that your time would be better spent getting in line for the Cinderella crew at MVMCP about an hour before the party starts (they will probably be a hotter ticket this year with Belle and the Beast being removed from the party- last year the line for the Cinderella group didn't really start building until about 35 minutes before the party- at least the nights we were there). At MVMCP you can get a photo with the group of Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, and the StepSisters- the exact same crew you would see at 1900 Park Fare. The only thing missing is that you can't get their autographs at MVMCP since it is a big group photo.

Even on a good day, if you got seated at your ADR time, 1900 Park Fare is generally an hour and a half meal by the time all the characters make it to your table, so the best you could hope for would be to get back to MVMCP around 8, which means you would miss out on a good chunk of party time. You would be much better off trying to do a lunch TS somewhere that day, and then grab CS at MK before the party.

All the advice given has been excellent. I like to eat in the park after spending the day there at about 4:30. Have done this at CP and Plaza. Last year we decided to get a 5:00 (earliest dinner time) ADR for GFC. We were seated on time and the pace was quick enough, but we still felt very rushed to get back. I'd rather eat at CHH oor Cosmic Ray's around 4:30 than eat outside the park again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter