• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1900 fair bday dinner for my DD6 better on off day or after our last day

MommyinHonduras

DIS Veteran
This is our first trip. I am not sure how our days will go and planning for a 3 generation trip is challenging. I made reservations for us all on two days and not sure which to keep.
I have a 4:05pm on an off park day in the middle of our trip where we will spend the day at the hotel pools or shopping (not at DS). I also have a 6:55pm on our last park day at MK on a party night. This sound great in theory but I guess we will be pretty tired too. It would also allow us to maybe catch Halloween fireworks from out side the part right? The next day our flight is not til late afternoon (but is also my bday) and we will just have a relaxing slow morning and maybe head to DS for lunch.

Thanks for any thoughts

I'm thinking maybe it would be fun on your off day. Then you have something fun planned for the evening. You could maybe take the monorail around the full loop for fun too. Have a great vacation!

This is our first trip. I am not sure how our days will go and planning for a 3 generation trip is challenging. I made reservations for us all on two days and not sure which to keep.
I have a 4:05pm on an off park day in the middle of our trip where we will spend the day at the hotel pools or shopping (not at DS). I also have a 6:55pm on our last park day at MK on a party night. This sound great in theory but I guess we will be pretty tired too. It would also allow us to maybe catch Halloween fireworks from out side the part right? The next day our flight is not til late afternoon (but is also my bday) and we will just have a relaxing slow morning and maybe head to DS for lunch.

Thanks for any thoughts

Personally, I think a 4:05 ADR on an off day is way too early. Where are you staying? Disney recommends 90 minutes for resort to resort transfers & it is often necessary. You would need to be out of the pool - finished shopping and ready to roll by 2:30. To me that defeats the purpose of a down day. 6:55 on your last day sounds better to me. But you didn't give us great info on members of your party to help more.
Good Luck

I second the off-day suggestion. Leaving at least some portion of the last day open is usually a wise route to take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter