160 extra Disney Rewards Points by asking...

I originally got the $40 years ago when I got my Disney Visa. In the past 2 months I have rec'd a new card app with the $150 bonus and the $200 bonus. I eventually filled out the $200 one. They sent me a note say that I already have a Disney Visa and was there anything they could do for me. I explained the 2 promotions I got and asked if they were now backing out of the offer. They just sent me a note saying they will credit me an extra $20 rewards as a courtesy. I read the thread and see that they give some people a much larger amount so they obviously don't have a policy on this but instead choose willy nilly. I am a little frustrated at the small amount but I guess I should be thankful I got anything. Would you just let it be?

I would let it be (I got $20 and I am letting it be). However, if you don't have any pending points on your card, or can use up the points you have, I would probably cancel it and then apply for the new offer. $200 is a nice amount of money.

I don't know if it's related, but multiple Chase bank branches are opening up around me. They might be trying to increase their customers, and keep the ones they already have, happy.

I have had my card for almost 2 years and didn't get anything when I applied. I e-mailed Chase about it and she said that only certain offers apply to certain accounts and it is random. She said that although those offers are for new customers, she saw that I have been a loyal customer in good standing for so long and that Chase appreciates my business and that she had credited by account 20 pts in rewards. wohoo!!!! When I went to my account to look, it was there right away:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Is there a link for the DVC sign up for Visa?

Thanks
Donna[/Q

The ad is at the bottom of the DVC members website after you sign in go to "members benifits" and you'll see it on the bottom left. You Click on the offer and it will take you to the visa form to fill out to apply. :)

I wish even a $40 credit had been available when I signed up (first year). I got a watch.

I signed up first year too and all I got was a "trading pin" and the honor of my card saying "Charter Cardmember" :confused3

I have seen postings here in the past that you did not have to be a DVC member to apply for that offer.

Sounds good. I tried looking on the DVC Members website under member benefits and could not find the offer--have they removed it or am I looking in the wrong place?

TIA!!:goodvibes

I just paid the bill for the first billing cycle. The $200 DRD were not in the account. When will they show up?

I found the DVC link here:

http://archive.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1883046

I used the bottom of the two links shown there.

Thanks for the information about being able to apply without being a DVC member! I didn't see that requirement in any of the fine print, but I still wasn't sure.

Thanks for the link! I just submitted one for DH. Then I tried to do one for me, but it keeps saying "error". Guess I'll wait a bit.

It says to wait 15-30 days for your acceptance or denial. Is this about right? Our trip starts 5/28, so not sure if we will receive the card in time, make a purchase and then receive the DRD in time for our trip??:headache:
Anyone who has this card--is it do-able?

Thanks for the link! I just submitted one for DH. Then I tried to do one for me, but it keeps saying "error". Guess I'll wait a bit.

It says to wait 15-30 days for your acceptance or denial. Is this about right? Our trip starts 5/28, so not sure if we will receive the card in time, make a purchase and then receive the DRD in time for our trip??:headache:

I got the credit card about 10-14 days after I applied. Used it right away and had the gift card in the mail within 3 weeks after I first used it. So around 5 weeks total. That was for the gift card offer, not the rewards points offer.

Here is my question - I have posted a few times in this thread. I finally gave up getting bonus points added to my personal account because I applied so long ago (but only got a measly 25 points at the time)...so I talked hubby into applying for his own account. He applied online by clicking on the $100 DVC gift card link. I just realized that "I referred him" so I should get 25 points too! I called and got the run around about having to wait til his statement..and why didn't I give my referral code when he applied etc. Well, first I swear I didn't see a place for that. We just clicked the DVC link and nothing was ever stated on the application about any bonus. So, for those of you who have opened up new accounts and got either the 100 or 200 bonus DDs -- can you also get the 25 referral bonus as well? 25 for me and 25 for him...or just me? Basically, I want 25 bonus DD for referring him to get a new account. I know he's getting the DVC bonus of either 100 or 200 dollars, so I guess he won't be getting the original 25 too? Please let me know if you guys were able to get the referral bonus in addition to a family member getting a new account.

You only get the referral points if he applies through the referral offer. So, you'd get 25 and he'd get 25, but he would get the 200 offer. It's one offer or the other, you can't combine them.

You only get the referral points if he applies through the referral offer. So, you'd get 25 and he'd get 25, but he would get the 200 offer. It's one offer or the other, you can't combine them.

Yes, I understand - but I can get the 25 points right? Even though we didn't enter my referral ID on his application ?--- because there was NO Place to type it.

Yes, I understand - but I can get the 25 points right? Even though we didn't enter my referral ID on his application ?--- because there was NO Place to type it.

As Magix said it is one or the other. If he applied under the $100 bonus then you can not get $25 referral, since that would be a different offer.

Just to let you know, I applied for the card last Sat. and got my card today (Sat.). I thought that was pretty quick. I'm not sure about the reward card, but I'll keep you posted!

I found the DVC link here:

http://archive.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1883046

I used the bottom of the two links shown there.

Thanks for the information about being able to apply without being a DVC member! I didn't see that requirement in any of the fine print, but I still wasn't sure.

I just applied for it and just got my card today. When I called to activate it, the representative on the phone mentioned that after my first purchase, I'll be getting the $100 GC. So, it appears to still work.

ETA - Thanks for the link.

Thanks for posting this thread; I sent them an e-mail today and hopefully they'll send me something. What I'd really like is that $200 offer for my name (or a 2nd card in DH's name, either way ...). But we got the card in 2007 and only got $25, so I'm not holding out much hope.
Not sure that a $100 incentive is quite worth taking out another card for us - the Disney Visa is the most recent and we pay them off regularly, so between that, having the cars owned outright, and 1 mortgage our credit score is good. We're toying with the idea of buying an investment property in 2-3 years so I think adding 1 new card every year is about the max for us, and right now I'm being tempted by 2 free e-certificates + 22500 Marriott reward points in my name ... that's worth at least $400 right there.

Got a reply 2 days later on DH's card - an extra $20 DDRD's. Well its $20 I didn't have 2 days ago. :) Still wondering if anybody knows how to 'trigger' a $200 offer as I'd be happy to get one in my name ....

I contacted Chase last week explaining that when I applied (in Oct.) I only received $15 everyone is receiving $200, blah, blah, blah. They credited me with $20 in rewards. I wrote back and thanked them then (nicely) threatened that I would take my 3 accounts and (2 accumulating interest on their end) elsewhere. They wrote back saying I could call the number on my Disney card or apply for another card with the $200 online. I called the number on my card and they said they didn't understand why the customer service agent told me to apply again because I would not be eligible for the $200 offer. I threatened again and they didn't budge. I closed the 2 accounts on the spot and didn't mention closing the Disney Card. ;) I wanted to close the accounts anyway and transfer the balances to a great balance offer I received. I was just waiting to hear back from Chase. Do I think I deserved the extra $165? No way, but it was worth a shot. And in the end, $165 is more important than my business (even though I probably would have more than that in interest). Oh, well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter