14 Complimentary Days of SW & Aquatica with DC Ticket Question

NorthshoreTigerFan

Mouseketeer
I just learned about Discover Cove a couple years ago and went for the first time last year, making a week long trip of only DC, SW & Aquatica without going to any of the Disney parks. We had a blast and it was a game changer for us, especially after comparing that trip with our Disney trip earlier this year.

We are thinking about next year's vacation and are wondering... Is it a safe bet that DC will continue to offer 14 complimentary days at SW & Aquatica in 2018? If the general consensus is that they will, then we will plan a beach trip 2017 and a return to DC/SW/Aquatica in 2018. But if its too unknown or doubtful then we will plan on going to DC/SW/Aquatica in 2017 and save the beach for 2018.

Do any of y'all have any gut feelings or info that could help? Watching Disney continue to raise prices and pull back benefits every year makes me uneasy about SW, although I know comparing SW to DW is like apples & oranges.

And yes, I know I start thinking about future vacations WAY too far in advance. My wife tells me this every time I bring up the subject! LOL

I can't imagine they wouldn't continue to do this so I think it's a pretty safe bet.
We just booked DC from UK and get 14 days at BG, SW and AQ as well as free parking for 14 days at all parks and free entry to Gatorland which we haven't been to before. Cost £150 each. Considering that we will probably visit AQ five times, SW twice and BG and GL once then it's a great deal for us. This will be our 13th trip since 2005 and last year was first time we didn't get the Disnay tickets. Just can't justify the price when there are no new rides. Not getting them again this year either. There for three weeks and also have Universal tickets so we won't be bored.

I just learned about Discover Cove a couple years ago and went for the first time last year, making a week long trip of only DC, SW & Aquatica without going to any of the Disney parks. We had a blast and it was a game changer for us, especially after comparing that trip with our Disney trip earlier this year.

We are thinking about next year's vacation and are wondering... Is it a safe bet that DC will continue to offer 14 complimentary days at SW & Aquatica in 2018? If the general consensus is that they will, then we will plan a beach trip 2017 and a return to DC/SW/Aquatica in 2018. But if its too unknown or doubtful then we will plan on going to DC/SW/Aquatica in 2017 and save the beach for 2018.

Do any of y'all have any gut feelings or info that could help? Watching Disney continue to raise prices and pull back benefits every year makes me uneasy about SW, although I know comparing SW to DW is like apples & oranges.

And yes, I know I start thinking about future vacations WAY too far in advance. My wife tells me this every time I bring up the subject! LOL
I can't imagine they would stop offering this but other than that being a gut feeling, I have no real info to back that up of course. We want to do a 5 night trip to orlando next April and would only be doing DC, AQ and SW as you described. We are taking a break from Disney until Star Wars and toy story lands are open. We wanted to do DC our last 2 Disney trips in 2014 and 2015 but I could never justify the cost to just do DC for a day and not do the other SW parks( which we just didn't have time for). But now We are thinking one day at DC and AQ each and 2 at SW. My kids will be 10 & 7 and this will be new to all if us as I was to SW once in like 1988 but don't remember much if it. So it sounds like your fam enjoyed the SW only trip? You would recommend it? The other thing to think about when considering 2017 vs 2018 for SW is when are they going to end the orca show. I thought I read that it was 2018 but I could be wrong on that. Anyone know for sure?

My kiddos are 11, 10 and 7. We had an absolutely fantastic time doing the week of only SW, AQ and DC. I'm on board with Gina in that DC is my favorite park between the DW family and SW family of parks. We spent 2 full days at AQ, 1 day at DC and 2 1/2 days at SW. We are looking forward to doing it again. I was like you in that the last time I went to SW was about 20 years ago. It's a lot different. It's not as nice and slick as DW, so if you expect that level of fit & finish and themeing you will be disappointed.

My biggest concern regarding the 14 day feature is if SW decides to follow Disney's lead in charging more. I don't think that would be a good move for them because they stand to gain a nice chuck of market share over the next few years as some people back away from Disney and consider other options (SW and Universal being the most obvious).

Now wouldn't it be interesting if Universal and SW merged or formed some kind of partnership...

My biggest concern regarding the 14 day feature is if SW decides to follow Disney's lead in charging more. I don't think that would be a good move for them because they stand to gain a nice chuck of market share over the next few years as some people back away from Disney and consider other options (SW and Universal being the most obvious).

Now wouldn't it be interesting if Universal and SW merged or formed some kind of partnership...

I hope my faith is not misguided :rolleyes2, but I don't think SeaWorld will be following in the Disney model of pay more, get less anytime soon. Their shareholders have taken a huge hit in the last few years, and as a company, they have really stepped up the value-added inclusions. When we first went to DC in January 2012, they only offered 14 days of Seaworld admission as part of the Discovery Cove price. Then, they added complimentary admission to Aquatica (later that same year, I believe). Since that time, they have introduced some amazing offers on Black Friday (including the wonderful buy one, get one free annual passes), and new for 2016 they have the extra monthly offers for pass holders (in addition to the regular benefits). So far, the SeaWorld parks have really stepped up their game.....and I'm confident that will continue for the foreseeable future :).

We have done many "SeaWorld parks only" trips over the last 10 years. If I were you I would throw on the Busch Gardens option if you haven't done it before, even if you just add it to one ticket it pays for your parking the whole trip.

Have you considered a slightly longer trip where you fly (or drive) into Orlando and fly/drive out of Tampa?
So basically something like this:
Day 1: arrive
Day 2: Seaworld
Day 3: Discovery Cove
Day 4: Aquatica
Day 5: Seaworld
Day 6: Aquatica, pack stuff at night
Day 7: check out of hotel/resort, spend day at Busch Gardens, then proceed to Indian Rocks or Clearwater or St Pete beach
Day 8: Beach
Day 9: Busch Gardens or beach
Day 10: head home

We have done this quite a few times. To be honest by the 6th or 7th day we are beat and want the beach for a break. From where we are flights from TPA are comparable or less than MCO.

Ametista, I like your style. A lot. I'm in New Orleans and we drive to/from Orlando for every trip, so it would definitely be possible to squeeze in a couple nights at the beach on the way home.

Just a warning, I already drive my wife nuts with my consistent vacation discussion. So when I start selling her on adding a couple nights so we can hit the beach on the way home, I'm going to blame you for putting the idea in my head! :thumbsup2

Just a warning, I already drive my wife nuts with my consistent vacation discussion. So when I start selling her on adding a couple nights so we can hit the beach on the way home, I'm going to blame you for putting the idea in my head! :thumbsup2
Go ahead. Tell her it will make the drive home more bearable by breaking it up! Also, if you are headed back to NOLA you could stop at Destin. I haven't been there but I've heard it's just gorgeous.

Are the 14 days tickets 'hoppers'? Can we go to sea world in the am and aquatica in the pm?

vleeth, I don't know if you can visit multiple parks in the same day.

Ametista, the entire Gulf Coast from Panama City Beach, FL (my personal favorite spot) west to Gulf Shores, AL is fantastic. The beaches are pure white powder sand and water is a stunning emerald green color (when it's clear).

Go ahead. Tell her it will make the drive home more bearable by breaking it up! Also, if you are headed back to NOLA you could stop at Destin. I haven't been there but I've heard it's just gorgeous.
Navarre Beach us even prettier and much more relaxing!!

Are the 14 days tickets 'hoppers'? Can we go to sea world in the am and aquatica in the pm?
Yes they are "hopper" tickets. Unlimited visits to SW and Aquatica. Adding on Busch Gardens will get you free parking at all parks for the whole 2 weeks, for $25. So it's totally worth it.

Can I aske how the 14 days at SW etc works?? Is it 14days once you have been to DC or is it just 14days from first use and you go to DC on your planned day??

Can I aske how the 14 days at SW etc works?? Is it 14days once you have been to DC or is it just 14days from first use and you go to DC on your planned day??
It is 14 consecutive days of admission. You have to have Discovery Cove somewhere in those 14 days. Day 1, the last day, or somewhere in the middle. Once you visit the first park the counter starts. If you don't visit Discovery Cove first you get paper tickets to use as admission at the other parks that you can print out. I am going there next week so I've been printing out various things and reading fine print.

If you get the ultimate package for $25 extra for just one guest, you get free parking at Seaworld and Aquatica (as well as Busch Gardens). If you visit 2 other parks doing this will save you as $25 to get free parking is cheaper than paying the parking costs individually. If you get the ultimate package it also includes free bus travel to and from Busch Gardens.

It is 14 consecutive days of admission. You have to have Discovery Cove somewhere in those 14 days. Day 1, the last day, or somewhere in the middle. Once you visit the first park the counter starts. If you don't visit Discovery Cove first you get paper tickets to use as admission at the other parks that you can print out. I am going there next week so I've been printing out various things and reading fine print.

If you get the ultimate package for $25 extra for just one guest, you get free parking at Seaworld and Aquatica (as well as Busch Gardens). If you visit 2 other parks doing this will save you as $25 to get free parking is cheaper than paying the parking costs individually. If you get the ultimate package it also includes free bus travel to and from Busch Gardens.

Thanks! So do the printable tickets come from your discovery cove booking confirmation

Thanks! So do the printable tickets come from your discovery cove booking confirmation

Yes. You will have access to tickets once you have purchased. Your Discovery Cove confirmation is a single sheet. You can optionally print paper tickets to use at the turnstiles of SeaWorld and Aqautica.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter