• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 1 great time at POR *Completed 9/5*

I almost bought that same ornament! We ultimately decided in dumbo though. I get a new ornament every year, sometimes two.

I know feel like I need to try my hand at texting while riding the teacups. Haha! I think I could do it. :) I'll get my mom to take a picture of me doing it since we will be together next time I go. That'll be a scene, me texting while she plays photographer all while spinning! Challenge accepted!!

Hi Ashley! :wave2: Great minds think alike! :) This was the first time we've purchased an ornament on our trips. We don't think about it until we put up our Christmas tree and then we are like, "we should've bought an ornament this past summer at Disney!" So this year we made SURE to buy one!

Hahahahaha....The "Texting While Mad Teacupping Challenge!" That could be a thing!

Great trip report, I just got caught up. You have a beautiful family and looks like you had a great time!!! :cool1:

Thank you very much! So glad to have you reading along and thanks for the compliments! More to come!

So, yeah, I got behind but just read your most recent update. Yay to Mine Train. I just missed it by a week in May and really can't wait to ride it.

I love those pictures of BTMMR. They almost look like an aerial view. Not sure how you did that but nice work!

So two back to back rides on Splash with minimal wait? Awesome! :thumbsup2

And yay for getting your first taste of Dole whip! :thumbsup2

I hate that you just barely missed it. We were thankful not only to get to ride it, but that the construction walls were all down and we got to fully experience the New Fantasyland. It makes me love Magic Kingdom even more!

The BTMRR pics were actually just from standing in the que line upstairs looking out the window. I thought it was a nice perspective and it made for a good picture!

Yep, two back-to-back Splash Mt rides! We had a FastPass for Splash later in the afternoon, but didn't even use it because we had already ridden twice.

So I am no longer a stranger to the Dole Whip! I can't believe it took me this long, but it was definitely worth the wait. It will be a must-do on future trips!

He said he took those pictures while on the Disneyland Railroad. :)

I had taken the earlier picture of BTMRR from the train, but these I actually took standing in the que line upstairs looking out the window. It's a cool perspective!

The good morning just keeps going on! Yay for a Dole Whip an BTMRR!!!

It sure did! And lunch at Be Our Guest just continued to make for a great day! New chapter coming up!

By the way, I meant the Disney World Railroad. Sorry I kept calling it the Disneyland Railroad. I live a little closer to Disneyland and that name was stuck in my head. Oops!

When the other poster mentioned the BTMRR pictures taken from above, I thought they were referring to the one taken from the railroad, because that looked to me like it was taken from above, while the ones taken from the queue, though absolutely stunning, didn't look to me like they were taken from very far above.

We arrived at Be Our Guest and went to the FastPass window. Our names were on the list and we bypassed the HUGE line! We had previously placed our orders online but curiously when we got to the register they didn't have our orders in the system....so we just ordered on the spot. With the Deluxe Dining Plan, you get an appetizer, entree, and dessert with your table service meals. However, since lunch at Be Our Guest is consider quick service, it did not include the appetizer. However, the soups were considered snack credits, so we used snack credits and each got a soup.

DW and I got the French Onion Soup while DS and DD got the Potato Leek Soup.

The French Onion Soup was very good indeed. It was sooooo cheesy! Oozing with cheese. In fact, it was mostly cheese. It was delicious, but I think I actually liked the Potato Leek Soup a little better. It was yummy!

For our entrees, I got the Tuna Nicoise Salad:

Oh man, this was devine! For a quick service meal at the Magic Kingdom this was absolutely stellar. I devoured it!

DW got the Braised Pork:

Also delicious! I almost ordered this, but on a hot day for lunch I think I preferred my Tuna salad. But I would most definitely recommend this dish!

DS ordered the Carved Turkey Sandwich:

He didn't care for it at all. He only took a couple of bites, then he just ate his fries. I didn't taste it but it certainly didn't look nearly as good as what DW and I had ordered.

DD got the Croque Monsieur (ham and cheese sandwich):

It was okay. Nothing special. She ate some, but not all of it. Mostly she ate her fries.

For desserts DW and I both got the Lemon-Raspberry Cream Puff:

They were very good, but they were actually just a lemon cream puff with a raspberry on top. But we both enjoyed them very much!

DS ordered the Chocolate Cream Puff:

DD ordered the Triple Chocolate Cupcake:

She said it was awesome and devoured the whole thing!

After we finished eating, I walked around the dining rooms and took a few pictures. This is such a neat restaurant! No wonder it is so popular!

Coming up next: a fun-filled afternoon and a trip to Blizzard Beach!

Glad you all enjoyed at least some of the food at Be Our Guest. The atmosphere there is great! Lots of people have commented that they love the theming, but the food -- not so much, and so far, I agree with that. I had a lunch there and found the food unremarkable, like cafeteria food. This fall I'll be going there for dinner, and planning to get the salad trio, and maybe the French onion soup -- what's not to like about a bowl of melted cheese? :teeth:

Sounds like such a fun day at Magic Kingdom!! I'm not a morning person, but I might have to make an exception for rope drop! Love your mine train pictures and BOG. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie and I can't wait to eat there later this year.

I started reading your report Tuesday afternoon. I am now caught up. hahahah This is a great report. Your dining reviews have given me ideas as to new choices, and what to avoid.

Can't wait for the next installment.

It took me a while but I am all caught up!

Is it weird that I am fixated on all the food more than anything? :rotfl2:

Glad you all enjoyed the Dole whips better than the school bread. It is a favorite of mine.

Yumm cheesy french onion soup! I had it at lunch as well and your right it is A LOT of cheese, but when was that ever a bad thing. :lmao:

If you were eating at a Table Service Restaurant, your appetizer would have been included? This makes no sense to me. If you're paying for the Deluxe Dining Plan, you should be able to get the appetizer at a Quick Service Restaurant also. Crazy!

Unfortunately, we were unable to have lunch at Be Our Guest last fall. This was before they started taking FastPass and the line was ungodly long. Your salad looked really good and I've heard nothing but good things about the pork. The atmosphere there is amazing and I'm glad you enjoyed yourselved.

Glad you all enjoyed at least some of the food at Be Our Guest. The atmosphere there is great! Lots of people have commented that they love the theming, but the food -- not so much, and so far, I agree with that. I had a lunch there and found the food unremarkable, like cafeteria food. This fall I'll be going there for dinner, and planning to get the salad trio, and maybe the French onion soup -- what's not to like about a bowl of melted cheese? :teeth:

Hahahaha exactly! And trust me....that's some serious cheese in that soup! And like you said what's not to like about a big bowl of melted cheese? :rotfl2: Based on our experience, for lunch I would either go with the Tuna Nicoise Salad that I had or the braised pork. Nothing too special about the sandwiches in my opinion. We may try dinner there next time when it is just the two of us.

Sounds like such a fun day at Magic Kingdom!! I'm not a morning person, but I might have to make an exception for rope drop! Love your mine train pictures and BOG. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie and I can't wait to eat there later this year.

We have found that our favorite times to be in the parks are first thing when they open and last thing before they close. It's not as hot and not as crowded. We like to take breaks during mid-day.

Thanks for the compliments! I was pretty impressed with the way more of the pics turned out. I'm glad you'll get the opportunity to eat at BOG! If Beauty and the Beast is your favorite movie, this is definitely a must-do!

I started reading your report Tuesday afternoon. I am now caught up. hahahah This is a great report. Your dining reviews have given me ideas as to new choices, and what to avoid.

Can't wait for the next installment.

Hi DisneyGuy758! :wave2: Welcome to the trip report and I'm so glad you are enjoying it! A new chapter is on the way.

It took me a while but I am all caught up!

Is it weird that I am fixated on all the food more than anything? :rotfl2:

Glad you all enjoyed the Dole whips better than the school bread. It is a favorite of mine.

Yumm cheesy french onion soup! I had it at lunch as well and your right it is A LOT of cheese, but when was that ever a bad thing. :lmao:

Hi Sara! :wave2: Gosh I'm way behind on reading your trip report. I had forgotten how time consuming they are to put together! But it's a labor of love of course!

Hahahaha, nah it's not weird at all. Is it weird that we love the restaurant experiences at Disney so much that we plan them and look over menus for months? Hey, it's vacation!

Yes I definitely enjoyed the Dole Whip...a nice refreshing treat on a hot summer day! And you've GOT to try that French Onion soup if your a lover of all things cheese! Like you said, when is that ever a bad thing! :rotfl2:

Hope all is well with you and your family!

It was about 1pm on Wednesday, June 4 when we left Be Our Guest.

We had a 1:30-2:30pm FastPass for Space Mountain so we walked towards Tomorrowland. The wait for Monsters Inc. Laugh Factory was only 10 minutes so we decided to go check it out.

We then went over to Space Mountain and used our first FastPass of the day:

This was DW and DD's first time to EVER ride Space Mountain!!! Can you tell by the reactions on their faces? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

By now it was about 1:45pm and it was really hot outside. We had a 2:40pm FastPass for Splash Mountain and a 3:55pm FastPass for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, but we had already ridden both of those rides. We decided to do something totally different! We decided to leave the park and go to a water park since it was so hot.

As we were on our way to leaving the park we ran into some friends of ours from our hometown! The Cooks! We had to get some MemoryMaker photos!

And, of course, we had to get some of just our family as well!

Coming up next: an impromptu visit to Blizzard Beach! :woohoo:

Hi there, I have been quietly reading your terrific trip report. You have a beautiful family and a terrific style of writing. The photos are fabulous. We also spent our 19th Anniversary in WDW with our DDs 12 and 14. You mentioned how will you top that? We just spent our 20th anniversary at Disneyland Resort Paris and loved it. Just something to think about :). Keep up the writing, I am looking forward to the next installment.

I think you can only refer to your lunch as Tuna Nicoise Salad. When you just call it tuna salad I have visions of the ice scream scooper of tuna salad at Subway.

The Tuna Nicoise Salad looks excellent. The Subway tuna salad not so much!:scared:

Hi!
I spent the last few nights reading your trip report. We are taking our girls to POR in November. They are just babies (5 and 1.5) but reading about your trip has me already thinking of traditions we can carry into adulthood. I loved your bet with DD and the times you took to spend time with each of them individually. You have a beautiful family, can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!

Lunch at BOG looked great. I see absolutely nothing wrong with a bowl of melted cheese. Heading to a water park on a hot day sounds like a good plan.

I still haven't eaten at BOG. The braised pork looks good but I keep waiting for the hype to die down. Maybe now that they give you standby times I'll try it out. I can't wait to read about Blizzard Beach. I've never gone to a water park there. I'd love to but it's just never worked out.

Subscribing.

Cool! Welcome! We are glad to have you along for the ride!

Hi there, I have been quietly reading your terrific trip report. You have a beautiful family and a terrific style of writing. The photos are fabulous. We also spent our 19th Anniversary in WDW with our DDs 12 and 14. You mentioned how will you top that? We just spent our 20th anniversary at Disneyland Resort Paris and loved it. Just something to think about :). Keep up the writing, I am looking forward to the next installment.

Awww, thank you so much for the wonderful compliments! That's neat that y'all spent your 19th anniversary at WDW also! Wow, the 20th anniversary sounds amazing! What a great celebration that would be! Definitely some food for thought. Next chapter coming up! Glad to have you joining us!

I think you can only refer to your lunch as Tuna Nicoise Salad. When you just call it tuna salad I have visions of the ice scream scooper of tuna salad at Subway.

The Tuna Nicoise Salad looks excellent. The Subway tuna salad not so much!:scared:

Oh my gosh, I know right? I literally can't stand tuna salad in that form! But fresh ahi tuna is one of my favorite things in the world. I like the one at Yak & Yeti better, but this was still a nice Tuna Nicoise Salad! (as opposed to the generic Subway kind!) ;)

Hi!
I spent the last few nights reading your trip report. We are taking our girls to POR in November. They are just babies (5 and 1.5) but reading about your trip has me already thinking of traditions we can carry into adulthood. I loved your bet with DD and the times you took to spend time with each of them individually. You have a beautiful family, can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!

Hello! I'm glad you're enjoying the trip report and thank you VERY much for the compliments! I hope your family will enjoy POR as much as we did. I'll bet it will be absolutely wonderful in November! I think starting a few traditions now will make it even more special for the babies as they get older. Those are the things you talk about for years to come...the things you end up remembering the most!

By the way, I meant the Disney World Railroad. Sorry I kept calling it the Disneyland Railroad. I live a little closer to Disneyland and that name was stuck in my head. Oops!

When the other poster mentioned the BTMRR pictures taken from above, I thought they were referring to the one taken from the railroad, because that looked to me like it was taken from above, while the ones taken from the queue, though absolutely stunning, didn't look to me like they were taken from very far above.

Hahahahaha! I figured that was what you meant! Since you live closer to DL we will cut you some slack! :) I was really pleased with the way those BTMRR pics turned out! That's a good vantage point at that part of the que...and it even smells like the 'old west' if that's even possible!

BOG looks so cool! Thanks for the review!

You are very welcome! Much like Sci-Fi at Hollywood Studios, BOG is almost like an attraction itself! It is certainly an experience worth having while you're in the New Fantasyland section of the park. We loved it!

Lunch at BOG looked great. I see absolutely nothing wrong with a bowl of melted cheese. Heading to a water park on a hot day sounds like a good plan.

Hi Darla! :wave2: That was a really good lunch at BOG. I would definitely highly recommend it to anyone who is on the regular dining plan, because as a quick service restaurant at lunch it is really a great value. I wish I had a big bowl of that cheesy goodness right now! Our water park adventure is coming right up!

I still haven't eaten at BOG. The braised pork looks good but I keep waiting for the hype to die down. Maybe now that they give you standby times I'll try it out. I can't wait to read about Blizzard Beach. I've never gone to a water park there. I'd love to but it's just never worked out.

Hi Ashley! :wave2: The hype may not die down anytime son at BOG. It is really something different! But I will tell you this: even if you have to stand in the very long standby line, it moves REALLY fast. They're very organized, and they get your order taken and served really quickly. You select your menu options from a screen, pay, and your food is brought out to you on a rolling cart. As busy and crazy as it is in the dining room, it's still an awesome experience! Blizzard Beach is coming up!

Thank you for including us!! I am glad you guys had a great trip!!

Hi Melody! :wave2: It was great seeing y'all there at Magic Kingdom that day! Remember how HOT it was? Whew! Anyway, hope y'all had a wonderful trip and I hope y'all had a great time at Animal Kingdom Lodge on that last night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter